Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 201

[Post New]by janpalmer77 on May 17, 11 6:00 PM
I've got a 'flail' missing in a hidden objects screen. It shows up in the strategy guide, page 34, but not on my screen.

I have started the game over a couple of times but no improvement.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 20

[Post New]by amaranth78 on May 18, 11 4:15 AM
smce wrote:how do i fix the problem with the wire cutters? i have been waiting over a week to finish this game.

This is my problem too and I share your frustration :/

Will this be addressed?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 201

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 18, 11 4:52 AM
There are things that weren't fixed in the new version. Please let CS know. Click on the green envelope, then on the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the dropdown list. In the meantime you will need to start again under a new profile and pick up the wirecutters before you put the fanbelt on.

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14,

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 18, 11 6:12 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
fnlalesi wrote:How disappointing and frustrating. To spend two days playing the game only to get stuck with a glitch in the chain puzzle, then wait another week for a fix, only to find out it wasn't even addressed and I'd have to start the entire game over again on the chance it might work the second time around. No thanks.
It's not in the release notes but it did work for me this time. It's worth having a go.

Does it work if you start all over at the beginning? I want something to get me PAST it. I've already played the game twice just for that purpose and I'm NOT doing it again. There's no "glitch" in the puzzle, there's just no reset button.

*Edit: Ah, a skip button. Thank you, Elephant Games. Now I can finish. It isn't often that I find a puzzle that leads to that level of frustration and I think it was simply because it was such a slow-moving puzzle. It took so flipping long for those chains to move that it drove me nuts sitting here waiting.

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 6:40:28 AM PST

Brittsky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brittsky on May 18, 11 7:01 AM
Has anybody restarted the game and gotten past the missing rose poison? I'm about ready to request a refund with a great deal of disappointment.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 18, 11 3:34 PM
I need help.. I have only one piece left a wooden fragment and it tells me to go to the dragon door and I don't have all the bronze mask pieces. I went through the strategy and can't find where I get the 4th piece? HELP I did do the uninstall and reinstall and still can't find it???

Bomie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 20

[Post New]by Bomie on May 18, 11 4:20 PM
This is baloney. I uninstalled, installed and am right back where I started, frozen at that bank vault. I am not going to start this stupid game all over again only to be shafted again. If I knew this game wasn't finished I would have never purchased it. At least I could have been warned you were debugging it in the field. You should pay us for the debugging, not the other way around.

Seriously, I feel so ripped off, I may have purchased my last bigfishgame.

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 4:23:21 PM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 19, 11 12:02 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:There are things that weren't fixed in the new version. Please let CS know. Click on the green envelope, then on the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the dropdown list. In the meantime you will need to start again under a new profile and pick up the wirecutters before you put the fanbelt on.

I would really love to try this game but want to wait to download it until ALL the glitches are fixed. Since it seems evident from this forum that the game update did NOT take care of all the problems, does anyone know if Elephant Games is working on another update? If so, has there been an announcement on how soon it might be released?

Thanks.

Classicaljazz

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition! May 14, 2

[Post New]by amaranth78 on May 19, 11 4:12 PM
Classicaljazz wrote:
I would really love to try this game but want to wait to download it until ALL the glitches are fixed. Since it seems evident from this forum that the game update did NOT take care of all the problems, does anyone know if Elephant Games is working on another update? If so, has there been an announcement on how soon it might be released?

Thanks.

Classicaljazz

I have to agree with you - it's not worth starting atm unless you know where all the glitches are and avoid them (however that would require finding out too much about the game and spoiling it). It's a shame though, because it's such a great game. I think that's why everyone is so disappointed. I'm stuck just 5mins before the end and I can't be bothered replaying from the start as this was my 2nd time already.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 11 2:07 AM
What are you stuck on, amaranth, and when did you download your game?

[Post New]by amaranth78 on May 20, 11 4:01 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:What are you stuck on, amaranth, and when did you download your game?

The wire cutters. I thought at first you meant (in a different thread) that the problem could be fixed by starting a new profile *without* having to start again, but when I started a new profile it (of course) started the game again. I don't mean to sound cranky, I just want to know if there will be a fix for this. I downloaded the game when it was 'tomorrow's game today" and then the new version.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 11 4:04 AM
I don't know if this will be fixed. That's one for BFG CS.
If you don't want to start again and there's no fix, you will probably be able to get a refund.

Click on the green envelope to right of screen, then click on the Contact Us hyperlink (on the left underneath Still need help?) then select Technical Issues from the dropdown list.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 4:06:26 AM PST

[Post New]by amaranth78 on May 20, 11 4:08 AM
Honestly, I really don't want one. This is one of my favourite games ever.
I just didn't want to have to start again (it would be #3 time for me).

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 11 4:36 AM
As there's no way to avoid starting again, perhaps you could do so on a different level of difficulty?

smce
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smce on May 20, 11 6:21 AM
I contacted big fish thru the live chat option. the rep seemed unaware of the wire cutter problem or any of the other problems that were not fixed by the new version of the game. he also was not aware of any other fix being made. He suggested i download a new video driver and update my adobe flash. i am not sure if these will actually help with the problems i am experiencing so i am hesitant to do it . Does any one think those things will help? i think i am going to try and talk with some one from elephant games. i do love this game but it is starting to get ridiculous how long it is taking to finish this game and how much time and energy i am putting in to trying to find a solution.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 11 6:52 AM
I take from your post that people posted in the Technical Issues thread but didn't let CS know via the green envelope. Be aware that you're only talking to fellow players if you post to a forum.

smce
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by smce on May 20, 11 1:43 PM
i was aware that the other people in the forum were just players like us. i guess i thought since it was a technical problem thread not just a chat/opinion/comment thread that someone from Big Fish might read it to see if any technical problems were listed there that needed to be addressed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 11 2:08 PM
Only players and mods read these threads, regardless of the forum. The only way to alert BFG to a problem to get it fixed is via the green envelope.

Brittsky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brittsky on May 21, 11 5:50 AM
Where do I find the "green envelope"?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 21, 11 6:30 AM
On the right of the screen, with the question mark above. The text says "We're Here to Help!".

Go to: