airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:the Ship Arcsde Game ~ oh, for a SKIP!

[Post New]by airace on May 28, 11 8:58 AM
Just one more addition to the "need a skip" courus, I got the first one after about three tries since you could destroy the blocks quickly but then in the next one I kept getting down to the last section and move wrong or get a cramp and lost it again, at the very least they could have set it up to restart where you "died" so you would have a fighting chance! Will never get one of these games without a skip or ability to move on after a few tries!

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on May 28, 11 10:34 AM
I'm so disappointed with the arcade-type "puzzles" in this game. The first one was bad enough, but I managed to get through it after multiple restarts. The second one, forget about it. I physically don't have the dexterity to do these kinds of games, that's why I only play "thinking" games. The description and video for this game made it sound like it was just puzzles and hidden objects, so I feel I've been mislead.

I wanted to contact the developer but they don't have any contact information on their website. I hate to do this, but I'm going to complain to bfg customer support and ask for my money back. The only way to show how unhappy I am, and to hopefully get developers to take notice, is with my wallet.

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 10:43:12 AM PST

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Blackstaff on May 28, 11 11:22 AM
I loathe, with a purple passion, arcade games. My hand/eye coordination for e-games is non-existent. So I surprised myself by getting thru the tugboat/sub scene.

On the other hand, the airplane scene is another level of frustration. I could literally feel my blood pressure rise with my frustration while my vocabulary deginerated into extraordinarily colorful language with each epic FAIL.

All I could think of was the old Atari game 'Space Invaders' - trying to fly the flipping jet past oncoming trees/planes. Grrrrrrrrr... I have finally gotten beyond this scene and am most hesitant to continue the game for fear of even more arcade game challenges. I hope there aren't anymore challenges of this nature because 'the game must go on' and I've yet to ever not complete a purchased game.

I do however actually enjoy the game overall because of its different layers of puzzle reasoning are very refreshing - for the most part - but I so agree with the title's lament: "Oh, for a SKIP!"

d3isme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by d3isme on May 28, 11 11:36 AM
Glad I checked here.
In my trial of the game I was very pleased with the relaxing, zen like game play.

While I can (usually) do arcade games - why on earth would I want to interrupt the flow of the game with a speed trial?

I hope this is patched with a "Skip" function too.
If I'm going to buy a relaxing game, I want it to be relaxing.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on May 28, 11 7:45 PM
I had no trouble with the ship game, after only a few missteps I made it all the way through. After one or two tries you know how many ups and downs are going to be needed where, and when there will be time to blast the +.
++++++......up 3......down 4..... etc.

But I am at a loss in the one where you have to arrange the colors in descending order from bright to dim. I'm not going to be able to do that one. Not much good on those ones where you trade neighboring blocks, and the dim colors all look pretty much the same - hard to know which goes where. So I guess this is the end of the game for me, unless someone publishes the full sequence of moves.

I will be 81 in July....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 11 5:25 AM
Wow and ouch! That colour block game so much depends on the quality of your monitor's brightness and contrast. Younger eyes might help.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jun 1, 11 3:20 PM
Love this game except the no skip. Am stuck on the second arcade game and just want to pay someone to finish it as I really want to see the rest.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jun 6, 11 4:52 PM
I love, love, love this game--until I hit the ship puzzle and began to have hatred.

I was going to write a review that began with "I can't stop smiling when I play this game." Well, the devs sure wiped that smile off my face.

Repeating: every game should have a skip button for any puzzle. We buy games to have fun, and it should be up to us just how many times we want to try something.

Shoot, I remember playing Space Invaders on the machine, and ya know what? I don't want to return to that era. We've moved past that.

The expletive ship game has totally frustrated me and erased the pleasure I'd gotten from this game earlier this afternoon. And that's too darned bad.

If devs are reading here: for heaven's sake, please issue an update with skip buttons. Because you have an incredibly good game that you're ruining for the sake of some silly arcade-style games.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on May 20, 14 6:45 AM
I'm stuck on the arcade game too, I'm not fast enough !

Go to: