dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 16, 11 7:57 PM
It's not a bad game, sort of boring. Too much talking, don't care for that at all. Music okay, very nice graphics. Not difficult at all, but the games should have a bit of instruction and not a very loose hint that doesn't help at all. Maybe if I don't have anything better to do, but right now, I'll wait to see if something better comes along tomorrow.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 17, 11 12:36 AM
Just finished the demo of it, and it's not as bad a game as some of the other posts might make you believe.

The key here is that one of the developers of the game is NatGeo. So right off the bat, the game is going to be more talky and historically informative than a "regular" game might be. The graphics are gorgeous but the gameplay is slow, especially if you decide you want to ask all the questions possible of each character you meet. The game play was smooth, however. I would have liked if there were more ambient sounds - given the fact that the game starts off with Caesar just having been assasinated, there's very little hubbub and turmoil present; I thought the game would have been improved if there were more crowd sounds.

Each character you meet needs something, so that's where you get your tasks from, and in order to proceed in the game, you have to complete the tasks.

It's a good game, though not a great one. The time I played the demo went by pleasantly. I think that if you have an interest in ancient history it might appeal to you a bit more.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 17, 11 2:36 AM
This HOG is different from others, and I rather like it. I like the graphics, and gameplay is fun as well.
I am not sure about the size of the game. I finished chapter 2 with 8 minutes left, and there are 6 chapters in all, although the last chapter can`t take longer than max. 5 minutes to finish.

The one thing I didn`t like was that there wasn`t any info given on how to do the puzzles. I managed to do a few but had to skip a couple as well. I would have preferred to get some instruction on what I have to do, because I like to do puzzles, but if I don`t have a clue how to go about, it`s no fun.

I won`t be buying this game because it might be rather short and, more importantly, because there are quite a lot of puzzles to do in this game, and I don`t like to buy a game where a) I have to wait for eons for the SKIP button to fill up, and b) where I don`t get instructions on how to play a puzzle.

But I did like the gameplay, I did enjoy the H0 scenes, and I really liked the graphics. But the lack of info on the puzzles made me decide against buying this game.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on May 17, 11 4:00 AM
I was one of the beta testers of this game, they did fix up a couple of bugs I encountered, so kudos to Devs

I was looking forward to the full version. The graphics were clear and I turned off the music. The **** scenes were'nt difficult and I didn't use the hint button much. Like the storyline but I was disappointed with it in the end, the puzzles were either a little too easy IMHO or they had no instructions as to what the objective was (and I couldn't figure it out), those ones I skipped. I dislike multiple choice dialogue. The game was also on the short side. I bought it using a credit, I wouldn't have paid full price for it.

Vasi games have produced better quality games than this (but this was developed in conjunction with National Geographic). Apparently the next one in the series is Joan of Arc.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 17, 11 7:13 AM

Oh dear what a boring game, couldnt wait for the trail to finish, after playing Anomolies the last couple of days, this is a let down.

No buy from me.

[Post New]by bigfishannie on May 17, 11 8:38 AM
Downloaded and bought! I like these kinds of games with dialog - hearkens back to the old adventure games. The dialog could have been a bit more compelling, but I like the extra depth. Some of the puzzles are easy, some are more stumpers, but overall I liked the balance. Great graphics, as with Salem, and top-notch music and sound effects. One thumbs up from my daughter and a "maybe later" from my son. I think he may be growing out of casual games! Looking forward to the next offering!

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on May 17, 11 9:52 AM
Just bought a new gamer's pc from Gateway. The video card are ATI HD6770 + 12 go of ram. I donwloaded this game but the only think I saw, its a black window. It was impossible to closed it so I restarted the pc. I erased that game after this was hapened.

This is the first time since I am a subsciber from You. I bought lots of games from you. I know my pc was not the culprit..

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 17, 11 12:42 PM
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

OK - any excuse to use that quote...mark me as one who likes this game & will buy. Yes, yes lots of dialogue - but being NatGeo lots of the dialogue is important in that it is a teaching tool. I like the combo of playing a game AND learning at the same time; it's nice to mosey through a game now and then - smell the historical roses

As for the usual things to comment on: oh yea - music was way loud - turned that down. Nice clear graphics and no glitches in the small portion I played - but I have a brand new laptop - so I'm not the "glitch lithmus test".

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 17, 11 1:19 PM
Eoarod wrote:Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

OK - any excuse to use that quote...mark me as one who likes this game & will buy. Yes, yes lots of dialogue - but being NatGeo lots of the dialogue is important in that it is a teaching tool. I like the combo of playing a game AND learning at the same time; it's nice to mosey through a game now and then - smell the historical roses

As for the usual things to comment on: oh yea - music was way loud - turned that down. Nice clear graphics and no glitches in the small portion I played - but I have a brand new laptop - so I'm not the "glitch lithmus test".

I loved you review and I'm so glad to see someone else who loves this game like me. I love NetGeo games. I like to learn about history and I don't mind the dialogue, it's like reading a good book and being in a movie at the same time. I can understand why some might not like it. But if you give it a full trial, it might grow on you. Good review Eoarod.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 17, 11 2:21 PM
Enjoyed playing the game but never like the ones that have a lot of reading and asking the character questions. Graphic's were clear and liked the story line. I like historical settings as you can learn a little too. It's a question if I buy it or not, haven't quite made up my mind.

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on May 17, 11 3:11 PM
First off I wanted to lower the music volume in Options. Both the Custom Cursor and the System Cursor had to be positioned about 1/8 of inch below the control buttons to move them. Not off to a good start.

Opened in window mode and was unable to change that.

Entered the first scene, cursor still not positioned correctly leaving me unable to pick a response to the interactive characters. Just clicked and went with whatever came up.

Cursor stayed this way through HOG scenes.

After 13 minutes - I tried, really, I did - I realized things were not getting any better and decided to exit the game.

In fact, could not access the Menu button (located at the lower left of the window) because of the cursor miss-pacement

So not a buy for me

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on May 17, 11 4:08 PM
I'm on the fence with this game- the graphics were good, gameplay IMO got better in the latter part of the hour I played but even though the story is different, I'm not that keen on it. who knows? Maybe I will buy as a DD or if I need another game for my punch card.

[Post New]by momma6bears on May 17, 11 9:44 PM
This game is a JOKE!
It would not accent my profile, took me 45 minutes to get to the first window, I kid you not. Someone should have try this game out before they published it. Thought well maybe it is my CPU, took another 15 minutes to exit. So when I got to the Big Fish game manager I had 15 minutes left to try it.................................

It was not my CPU. On to the next game.

All Hail Ceasar! Et tu, Brute

[Post New]by gameonbro2 on May 18, 11 10:42 AM
Very good game and I'll be purchasing however they could have done with a tad less text. I'm an avid history fan so the depth of detail and attempt to produce authenticity was appreciated. A little more story would have be nice as well. Still - as I say - better then most and certainly worth a few coins of the realm

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 18, 11 1:27 PM
Eoarod wrote:Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

I couldn't agree more. This is a buy for me also. I did have a glitch however! When I tried to open the game the first time all I had was a partial black screen . I right-clicked in the task bar closed the game and deleted it. Re-d/led and it played beautifully! Thanks to all the fishies who commented and reviewed this game! Happy Gaming Everyone

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 23, 11 4:54 AM
I agree with many other fishies in that the game is very short. The mini-games seemed to either be for the 3-5 age group or the almost total lack of instructions left me wondering what I was supposed to do!

I saw. I bought. I went! I won't be buying Joan of Arc.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 28, 11 4:40 PM
I tried but it just didn't hold my attention...

Maybe as a DD someday.

[Post New]by bluegulper on May 29, 11 8:27 AM
where is the sixth spear i checked walkthrough and counted only 5

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on May 29, 11 11:32 AM
I think no one bothered with Spell Check? In one scene I had to find "ananas" and some of the dialog had spelling errors too. Not worth a credit, but I DID buy it for $4.99. I didn't like that I had to figure out how to do the mini-puzzles. Glad there was a walkthrough. I bought it to fill up my punch card. Overall, not worth it.

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 11:33:11 AM PST

[Post New]by greekmythsnut9 on May 29, 11 6:38 PM
It's a good game but the hidden object scenes are a little too easy and oh my god is this a glitch or something i can't open the rations cart at the scene right before the war

Go to: