LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Joy of Farming

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on May 19, 11 6:23 PM
I dig the Korean Sidescroller RPG look of it. (Google Image "Maplestory" if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 6:26:38 PM PST

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on May 19, 11 6:29 PM
efi24 wrote:Sorry but I think this game involves way too much strategy to suit kids.

Efi24, casual games are not marketed towards children; the target audience is adult women. Men do play them, but the Under 17 & FPS branches of the geek community has stigmatized casual gaming as "unmanly". I guess this will be confirmed or shot down by the attendance when Bigfish is at the Seattle Convention Center this July.

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 6:37:23 PM PST

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on May 20, 11 5:31 AM
SnowNSew wrote:
lisam63 wrote:if this is like FF then i may not be able to play..
i just can't keep up with caging all the people, animals etc.....
can someone tell me if the pace of this is slower or faster or the same as FF...
i like TM and farming but i can't get used to capturing things as i get easily confused with so much going on

I think you should give this one a try. To me, it has captured the charm of FF without the "frenzy." The clicking is easier because you know exactly WHERE you need to click. You do not have to click product as it is produced - the little elves put it in the storage shed. In my opinion, the thieves are MUCH easier to cage than the bears. The bears have always been my least favorite part. AND, you get the money immediately - you don't have to fill up your cart sending them off to be sold.

Happy Gaming!

ty snowNsew for your encouragment ... i am off to dl now

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on May 20, 11 10:15 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Hi, adr8p

The stars in the shop are what you buy the "blueprint " with.

In the game, to upgrade, you need good hard cash from either the robbers or the shop to purchase the upgrade.
HTH

Jojo

Thank u, finally got it lol

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 20, 11 1:58 PM
i felt like the game was struggling on which way to go... is it time? is it strategy? is it building and hiring? well, it's everything, and frankly, there's enough going on later in the game that it can seem near impossible to get that gold!

i thought the characters were cute, and the layout a logistical nightmare! if i were going to run a farm, i wouldn't have my guys traveling up and down ropes to fetch produce or stow it away - i'd start rigging up baskets/pulleys and actually hire a "warehouse elf" to do the inventory stuff... and i swear, if "joy" moved any slower at the counter, all the product would go bad waiting on her to sell it!

so, i played the full hour, and i got through it... but i'm also glad that hour was free and that i now have the choice to say that maybe alawar isn't the perfect being i thought it was

farm on

[Post New]by crashandboom on May 20, 11 5:54 PM
I almost didn't bother with the trial after reading the reviews, but sometimes I find games appealing that others do not. My review: AWFUL Agonizingly slow game play, nothing technical...just characters and action that would bore a glacier. Annoying music, lame and childish graphics. I would rather head back to the office and work for the rest of the night than finish the one hour trial. I think this game would appeal to kids, though. Have fun fishies! I'm headed elsewhere (but not to the office).

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 21, 11 5:26 AM
LVKiva wrote:It doesn't adapt to a left-handed mouse *sigh*. I used to buy some games even when they wouldn't switch - the Ranch Rushes, for example - but I'm not able to play quickly enough with my right hand, or remember to "opposite" with my left, and just got frustrated, so I decided no more - if game makers will not make their games available to left-handed gamers, then no buy. Too bad, this one looked good.

Do you have the option to change your mouse setting in your control panel. I do with windows 7

Jojo

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 22, 11 3:16 PM
Happy to see a TM game, and one that is similar to Farm Frenzy. However the rope ladders got old quick. Other than that it was a interesting game. I did like how you caged up a theif rather than a bear. Fun, but can wear after a while.

This game is a B.

tracyestes
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tracyestes on May 23, 11 11:38 AM
this game is terrible. I would not buy it. I couldn't even play the free part . too boring

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amari on May 24, 11 12:20 AM
This game is AWESOME! Its different, exciting and you have to use your TM skills to get gold. I am sick of always getting the gold/expert in TM games without challenges. This is different. The whole multi-level playing field is very interesting, the game gets better, more difficult and the different customers, upgrades and goals are excellent.

For those who only played the demo, there is no way yu can even rate this game without playing it fully.

In regards to planting the little boxes underneath the field is how many is waiting to get planted and he plants 2 in a row, so upgrade the field and plant away! also when you upgrade your well, two plants pop out of the same hole!

Crazy if you don't like this game! The last few games of TM have been awesome - Jet Set Go, farm life, magic life, rescue team these are all great games!

Amari
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amari on May 24, 11 12:22 AM
dawnmid wrote:I don't usually post, but I had to after reading all of the reviews so far. I am an avid TM game player (I think I own them all) I bought this from Alawar when it was first released and it is one of my all time favorite games. It is also one of the most challenging I have played.
That said, some of the complaints are valid. There is a sharp learning curve, but once you figure it out, there is lots of strategy. I have gold on all levels after MANY hours of gameplay. The length of this game is outstanding, I actually felt I got my money's worth.
If you usually like TM games, I really suggest you give this a try for yourself and play the full hour demo. You may decide you like it.

Exactly! i am TM freak! and this is one of the best!

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 24, 11 1:29 PM

dawnmid wrote:
The length of this game is outstanding, I actually felt I got my money's worth.

That, and replayability are important factors and this game has both.

This is a well designed and enjoyable TM game, and there is strategy involved in completing the levels in gold time. This is one of the better TM games I've tried and is definitely worth a purchase.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 29, 11 10:46 PM
Well I could be lame...but I felt really stressed doing this one...My eyes hurt lol...anyways I think I will go back to my plain ol' TM games.

The animation was great, the music was obnoxious, the thieves were annoying...

aisfuh
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by aisfuh on May 29, 11 11:47 PM
I have just started the trial and got to the second level where they said I did not have enough money so I had to sell the water. I clicked and clicked to try to sell it I hate games that do not give enough instructions when getting started and this is one of them . I am going to try one more time and if it does not show me how I am going to uninstall it very upset.I will not be purchasing this game same old plant, pick, water boring.
aisfuh

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 11:49:58 PM PST

[Post New]by slk111382 on Jun 8, 11 7:12 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Hello all.

I caved in & bought it, I have just done level 7 (I think? )

Now I would like to address a few things. When the last few Farm Frenzy games came out there were a lot of complaints about " same old same old" . I am currently replaying FF ancient Rome).

So here is a similar game that is NOT "same old same old"

Sure, there is a steep learning curve at the beginning. I am having to play each level 2-3 times at least to get gold & sometimes to get silver. But as said, the upgrades can be bought & do make a difference.

In FF we caged bears, here we cage robbers.

In FF we sold our goods via a cart, here we sell them through a shop.

In FF, we made pancakes etc out of eggs, here we make carrot juice out of carrots etc.

Those robbers are a nuisance, but once I had up graded the cage, it was easier & you get an instant $ rather than having to sell them.

This game is along the same premise as FF but is very different & I am glad I bought it.

I know it will be tough , but I also know I will get hours of play from it so it is also good value.

If and when I get any further I'll post again on my progress but from me it is a

[Post New]by slk111382 on Jun 8, 11 7:15 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Hello all.

I caved in & bought it, I have just done level 7 (I think? )

Now I would like to address a few things. When the last few Farm Frenzy games came out there were a lot of complaints about " same old same old" . I am currently replaying FF ancient Rome).

So here is a similar game that is NOT "same old same old"

Sure, there is a steep learning curve at the beginning. I am having to play each level 2-3 times at least to get gold & sometimes to get silver. But as said, the upgrades can be bought & do make a difference.

In FF we caged bears, here we cage robbers.

In FF we sold our goods via a cart, here we sell them through a shop.

In FF, we made pancakes etc out of eggs, here we make carrot juice out of carrots etc.

Those robbers are a nuisance, but once I had up graded the cage, it was easier & you get an instant $ rather than having to sell them.

This game is along the same premise as FF but is very different & I am glad I bought it.

I know it will be tough , but I also know I will get hours of play from it so it is also good value.

If and when I get any further I'll post again on my progress but from me it is a

I agree with you I bought it using a free credit. Using the upgrades in the game makes a huge difference. I like that this TM is different and challenging. Finally, this is a game that I don't beat in 2 days!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jun 25, 11 5:28 AM
The first time I tried this game I gave up in half a hour, like some of you said I found it slow and boring. Last week I was looking for a tm game to play, read the comments and tips here and decided to give it another try.

I really like this game it's really addicting and very good value. I played for 4-5 days straight (67 leveles total) and finally managed to get all gold. It is a hard game, almost as hard as Farm Frenzy Gone Fishing which is the hardest tm game I've played (the other FF are much easier).

On some levels, there is no room for error, every second counts, I had to restart once I made a wrong click, like sending the wrong product to the store. But I didn't get bored and kept trying, it's very rewarding to get all gold.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 2:54 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Go to: