slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by slinkysmom on May 19, 11 7:26 AM
orijojo wrote:
Shorenuf wrote:

For some reason I can't quite grasp I am not getting that 100% Wow!, I have to keep playing feeling I usually get with these games that clearly have higher production value. Maybe in the light of day …

Neither am I, however I did decide to play the advanced mode, and towards the end of the trial I started to get that feeling of déjà vu which got me a little excited, and based on TeamSD’s comments I‘m probably going to buy, but I will wait for a few more comments before I commit my $14.99.

Don’t worry TeamSD, I won’t hold you responsible if I buy, I was going to buy without trialing it, but decided it’s better to be wise than foolish.

jojo

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

WOOHOO on using Game Credits for CE

[Post New]by slinkysmom on May 19, 11 7:32 AM
A big ty to BFG for finally setting up the option to purchase any and all C/E with games credits and not just cash.
It is nice to see that our feedback does net results.
I will most likely now buy more CE as using game credits is far more inexpensive in long run.........esp with one free game for 6 punch card entries equal 1 free game.
Thank you BFG, you did well!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 19, 11 7:36 AM
Downloaded this one and while it was loading, I noted that it deleted a previous game. Why would it delete the first game to add this one? Never had that happen with a sequel before. Odd..oh well, giving it a try anyway. Liked the first game.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 19, 11 7:46 AM
I love it. I had played the sample version once before from the developer's site. I played again here. I noticed that other than some required objects the H0 scene lists were different between the first time I played and the second. Also, I completed the sample version within the hour the first time. I didn't today-my hour ran out. So I must be off a bit,and even knowing what I had to do I still tripped up. The game did not fit my widescreen unfortunately, but that's nothing new. I like the graphics, the fairy's voice doesn't bother me and neither do the lights, (though I know that the flashing lights can be a health hazard-so I'm sorry that there are some fishies who won't be to play. I did not encounter any bugs or technical issues either time I played. It downloaded slower off the developer's site than from BF. As always I play on my laptop running Windows 7 home premium. Internet download is through wireless cable modem. I'm not sure why BF is faster than others it used to not be, but in my opinion they've done a pretty good job of updating the game manager ( or whatever it is). Have fun y'all.

[Post New]by irishblueeyes3 on May 19, 11 7:51 AM
I liked the first one and was hoping this one would be similar. I'll probably wait for the SE though. The strategy guide is not very helpful at all. Neither are the fairy hints unless you're in a **** scene. Bummer...

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on May 19, 11 8:24 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:...
A fantasy tale with good graphics, easy H0 scenes, and a story that makes sense. I only played for 40 minutes, though because SPOILER: It directed me to the fountain on the right to use a transition potion on the tadpole. And the written hints indicated that it was there. But there was no tadpole in the fountain.

Hi goofyduck,

The item in question is very very small but SPOILER It whizzes around in little concentric circles so you might spot the movement - also the hotspot is not too finicky ENDSPOILER.

I was clicking for ages before I realised that the potion in my hand was actually the cursor - and I didn't in fact have anything in my hand at all!!

Found the cursor a bit irritating actually - all I really want is an eye/magnifying glass and some cogs....

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 19, 11 8:33 AM
I wasn't a fan of the first one so I was disappointed to see the game play was pretty much the same in this one. However, those who liked the first one will probably be delighted. The graphics are beautiful, the little fairy with the irratating voice is still there flitting all over the screen, the need to rescue people from imprisoned state is still necessary and there is still evil all around.

I played the full sample and had time left over in advanced mode without using hints or SG, probably because "my friend" the fairy did enough hand-holding - LOL.

The gameplay is smooth, however many of the scenes end/transition with flashing lights, which some may find problematic. The hidden object scenes are well done, (although some could use a bit more contrast/texture) and the puzzles I encountered were well-done, but not too difficult, even without instruction. The music - to tell the truth, it got a little boring after awhile. Seemed too much the same without changing.

I didn't look at the SG, so can't comment on how well done it was, but am curious to know how others like this approach as compared to a walk-through type.

All in all, the game looks good and I'm sure it will be enjoyed by many. It's just not my cuppa.

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 10:08:56 AM PST

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on May 19, 11 8:43 AM
Really enjoyed the first one witches curse, this seemed like a great game but can not get by the flashing lights, the bright pink ta da at the ending of each scene seemed very busy and juvenille.

Someone said there was a fly swat for the "I can not take the pesky fairy any longer", where is it?

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 19, 11 8:55 AM
I really enjoyed the first one and this seems very much the same so far. However, I agree with other fishies about the flashing lights - it's very ANNOYING! Really bad game design, Devs...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Valdy on May 19, 11 8:59 AM
Riverman73 wrote:The reviews of this game till now are rather harsh IMO.I have finished the entire game allready, and must say its a very enjoyable and great game. Not perfect, but definitely 4 out of 5 stars.

My main complaint is that i thought the (regular) game could have been longer. You only visit each Hog-scene 1 time. Maybe they could have changed that into 2 times or ad some extra Hog-scenes (there really arent that many in this game), or they could have explored some extra parts in forrest. Somehow it feels that you end up at the castle, a bit TOO quickly.
It took me about 5 hours to play the game, including the bonus level and i played most puzzles and barely used a hint. 7-8 hours is more 'suitable' for a collectors edition IMO.

Thank you very much for the review, Riverman!

I agree with almost everything you said - I own the first game and loved it. I also loved the fairy and enjoyed her: yayyy. LOL

About the playtime: If the game took you about 5 hours to complete it, then I am satisfied. I don`t like games that go on for longer than that. I have noticed that if a game goes on forever, I am getting bored with it.

Also, I like the fact that there is no repitition in the H0 scenes, as you said. Quite a few HOGs these days don`t have all that many H0 scenes anymore anyway, and I rather prefer that, and prefer to have more of an all-round story to deal with in a HOG.

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 9:03:43 AM PST

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on May 19, 11 9:25 AM

I totally agree with all the fishies: the flashes of light are annoying! Hope they don't come back for part 3. The music is very good, though.

quote=cherbtoo]I was really looking forward to this game but I, personally, do not like all the [/b]totally unnecessary bright flashes of light

that you constantly get when changing to close up areas etc. They completely ruined the game for me plus I also found some of the graphics good and some a bit blurry so as much as it pains me to say it ...
NO BUY .

DEVS ... please take note before making the third game ... no flashing lights.

Cherb

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on May 19, 11 9:27 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Downloaded this one and while it was loading, I noted that it deleted a previous game. Why would it delete the first game to add this one? Never had that happen with a sequel before. Odd..oh well, giving it a try anyway. Liked the first game.

The same thing happened to me when downloading. The Game Manager was replaced during DL, and when I went to play Cradle of Rome, where I had been on level 56 last night, my progress was completely wiped out and I was at the very beginning. At least I didn't have to reinstall it.

So far (a couple of minutes) no technical problems with this game. I can't figure out why I only played 1 minute of the first one, though, so have to try that one first!

I appreciate the reviews and technical comments - always come here first before downloading a trial.

[Post New]by writergrrl on May 19, 11 10:15 AM
I enjoyed the first one and was looking forward to playing this one but was disappointed. Although I'm not crazy about the fairy and the bright lights, I can live with those. What I can't live with though is how finicky the gameplay is... I'm not sure if it's glitchiness or the way it's programmed, but (a) when I would hover over something and see a question mark, I'd click it but the helpful information at the top of the screen didn't show itself automatically, I had to move my cursor over the little arrow to bring it down and be able to read it. Not very helpful in keeping the game moving forward. Maybe it was because I was playing in advanced mode, but that makes no sense to me. And (b) I would perform what seemed to be the logical next step only to have nothing happen, then I would ask for a hint or check the SG and it would be what I had just tried and, suddenly, when I tried it again, it worked. Again, that made no sense to me whatsoever. And ( c) I also had issues using the fairies' abilities, having to click more than usual to utilize them and sometimes her abilities would stay visible on the screen but other times they would just disappear again. It did not make for enjoyable game play. I don't remember having any of those issues with the first game. Unfortunately, I don't think this one is a buy for me, even when it comes out in SE.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 19, 11 11:10 AM
Had the first one and liked it. This one is quite different. I agree, the fairy is quite annoying fliting about here and there all the time, and constantly talking. Graphics were nice, game play was fine, no problems, no problem with the flashing light (not that bad, but annoying), music okay. Did not like some of the "sounds," and I will not mention the one specific sound that really bothered me a lot. Did not like the WT guide. Just give us a walkthrough, not constant clicking to get the next bit of information..very frustrating. Couldn't tell from the WT how long the game was either. Have to think about this one. May wait for the SE to purchase.

wipeyourpaws
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by wipeyourpaws on May 19, 11 11:36 AM
This game is a perfect treasure , it plays perfectly for me ,

I played the whole demo hour, then purchased.

I play all of BF's games on my dell laptop which I don't think has any thing special about it. But I do wonder what other people are attempting to play these games on to get so many problems ?

Congratulations to the devs , thanks BF, thats all from me..

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on May 19, 11 11:54 AM
lucyloket wrote:Oh dear, who decided that an annoying white fairy that flits across the screen and tells you what to do was a great idea to include in this?
I trialed the game on the devs site and have been waiting to ask this question! It totally switched me off the game, unfortunately. I feel as though I'm being told what to do by Tinker-irritating-bell............why can't I find a sledgehammer or brick to break things myself etc?
The artwork is so so and as others have said, the flashing lights could cause some players issues. I certainly preferred the first 'curse' game over this.

A real shame as apparently there's over 8 hours gameplay (according to the dev).

On a side note - why do I get the feeling I've played a similar game before with a fairy that has abilities to 'help' you?

You probably did - the first one: Princess Isabella: A Witches Curse.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on May 19, 11 11:56 AM
I agree with the others re: the lights, voices and music. They are juvenile and irritating.

HOWEVER:

THANX TO THE DEVS for the way they designed the strategy guide!
I know most don't like or appreciate the style and/or reason for revealing just a little bit of a hint at a time, but I LOVE being able to work on and chew on a problem until I find the resolution. Sometimes I need a LITTLE nudge in the right direction to get the old gray matter working and sometimes I need a LOT . But I like the feeling of satisfaction that comes with figuring it out - as much as possible - on my own. This type of SG allows me the control to decide if I want just a HINT or do I want the entire SOLUTION.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on May 19, 11 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if there are any snakes in this game please? I didn't buy the original game because there were in that. Thanks.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on May 19, 11 12:08 PM
I just loved the first game and was so looking forward to this one, but I can't play it because of the flashing lights. The effect of it is like you would get if someone was constantly taking a flash picture of you. I got a headache. I wish there was a way for the developers to take them out, then for sure I would buy the game.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 19, 11 12:35 PM
Im playing this on advanced mode & I guess thats my issue with the game, I expect it to be advanced. Instead the fairy is there constantly telling me what to look at n what to do. Also, there is a silhouette of the item needed to continue on even if I don't have that item so its essentially telling me what to do & what I need to find. The graphics looked fine on my computer, the strategy guide didn't bug me until I needed to find all of one item but I was missing one & I could not find it so since its the demo and I wanted to progress forward, I tried to use the strategy guide and it had no help for me at all but it was a DUH moment when I did find it so maybe its just me. I thought I had bought the first game but I didn't. It was released for mac on different sites but never on BFG so I never ended up buying it. Usually its an instant buy for me if its released on mac the same day as pc since it usually takes developers forever to release the mac version but its the fairy!! I can't stand her voice but in the first one I guess she bothered me too. I remember her saying "This can break" over n over . I guess I can turn down the sound but that takes away from the game. I think we are finding the same people as last game. I remember the butler from the last game & I had to help him this time too. You'd think if it happened once in the same kingdom, maybe he'd wise up a little this time haha. but this game is just not for me. sorry gogii, I usually love your games.

Go to: