rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Escape from Thunder Island.

[Post New]by rosebud477 on May 22, 11 12:28 PM
Objects way to small had to use hint just to find them I don't think this one is for me.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on May 22, 11 1:00 PM
Great reviews fishies thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on May 22, 11 1:23 PM
i liked this game for several reasons. it challenged me but the hint button restored quickly, it was clean, fresh, funny. i found myself dreading the end of the demo wanting it to go on and on. when i had to shut it down so i wouldnt be late for church i couldnt wait to turn the demo back on as soon as i returned.
trust me when i say i've got lots of games so desperation for something to play has no reflection on my desire to buy. i am however anciously hoping that dr. whatshisface gets a little of what's coming to him. i got a feeling that marbles the monkey will see to that.
off to buy.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Nice change of pace

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 22, 11 1:30 PM
I love dark, morbid and creepy games but I found this to be a nice change of pace. I love to laugh, and found myself laughing throughout this game more than once. Some of the humor is subtle and some is obvious but all in all it's light and refreshing and full of fun.

I am a fan of Big Finish Games. For those of you that don't know, they are the developer behind 3 Cards to Midnight and 3 Cards to Dead Time, so, knowing the talent they posses and their unique spin on the original, I was curious to play this game and see what changes they have made. I am not disappointed. While it is completely different from their well-known 3 Cards series, it still contains the elements that make them such a good developer: uniqueness, originality, great cut-scenes, and awesome voice acting.

While the story itself is not that original, they still managed to keep the plot interesting enough to want to continue to play. This game was meant to be on the lighter side, so keep that in mind while playing. Do not take this game too seriously, just have fun with it. That in itself may pose a challenge for some after the slew of dark and creepy games we've had over the last year.

I like the interactive hidden object scenes and the content is relevant to the location. You will not find any rolling pins here folks! The objects in the hidden object scenes are objects you would expect to find in a jungle, creepy crawlies included. I detest spiders but alas, that's a jungle for you! All objects are to scale (huge pet peeve of mine) and the graphics are pretty good. I'd give them a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10.

I love the side-kick, Marbles the one-eyed monkey. He's great and good for several laughs. The dialogue does not seem forced or scripted, but flows naturally as normal conversation would, especially the interactions between the male and female characters. True to life, this one!

All in all, I'm having a blast playing this game and give kudos to Big Finish for producing another great game; albeit much different than their past exploits. Great to see them branch out and am looking forward to more from them.

Enjoy fishies! This game is loads of fun so I urge you to give the demo the full hour and add it to your collection for days when you just want a humorous escape.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 22, 11 1:33 PM
evaree wrote:I have finished the game and must say I enjoyed it very much. The animated cut scenes could have been avoided and were quite silly but all in all a fun buy.

It wouldn't be half as great of a game without the animated cut-scenes! That's what made it so fun. Why were they a turn-off for you? Personally, I am tired of games that don't have animation added in to keep the story flowing and my interest piqued. Just curious as to why you didn't care for them-they are hilarious!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 22, 11 2:31 PM
Had a problem with the graphics being on the dark side. Another game that I really can't get into but I see a lot of pro's and con's on the game. I didn't play the whole trial and I just couldn't get interested in the game. Will delete this one.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on May 22, 11 2:34 PM
I tried it for 17 mins ..but after looking for a fork, finally using a hint and being directed to a statue of Poseidon and his trident .. that was enough for me .. happy gaming to every one tho ..

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 22, 11 3:31 PM
MissB59 wrote:I tried it for 17 mins ..but after looking for a fork, finally using a hint and being directed to a statue of Poseidon and his trident .. that was enough for me .. happy gaming to every one tho ..

Yes, I was slightly miffed by that too but decided, in the name of fun, to give the devs poetic license.

[Post New]by tommy21 on May 22, 11 3:32 PM
with out sounding stupid can any body tell how to get the fishing pole i have clicked it and looked for may be a reel or some thing to put on to it,i'm only on the first level in the plane,i'm usualy good at hidden object games.
from tommy21

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 22, 11 4:24 PM
Cool game but wow more spiders then in House of Dead Lock, hate those crawlers, snakes I can handle. And I collected over 10 coins in the demo time, some wrote he found only 3??? Hmmm

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 22, 11 4:40 PM
This is a great interactive ihog and a buy for me. Thanks to the developers

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 22, 11 5:02 PM
I enjoyed it as far as the comic strip aspect or storyboard, but I found the overall game play boring and repetitive -- dig this up, use your crowbar, use your slingshot -- BORING.

I also had one mislabeled object where instead of finding a vegetable I had to use a clue to find a cog.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 6:23:15 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 22, 11 5:09 PM
I am not going to go into great detail about the game. Others have hit on the high points of the game. One thing I will add, this game is a "sleeper" Takes you by surprise after you get past the first couple HOG's and start to get into the adventure. As others have already mentioned, it is pretty dog gone good. Give it a try, it might surprise you.. As of right now, we are playing without a WT, thank goodness there is a hint box! You will be glad you have your trusty Marbles along with a sling shot playing this game

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on May 22, 11 5:48 PM
thought this was a really cute well done game. Had several hours of enjoyable play! Loved the humor and Marbles was great.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 22, 11 6:05 PM
Wasn't sure I would care for the game with the cartoony type drawings, but was pleasantly surprised to see that they only showed up during the conversations, which seemed out of place in some areas. Is this monkey Superman or what? Music okay, game play very nice. ****'s very different with mixture of what you find and how you find it. Liked that a lot. Waiting for the WT to come out to see how much longer the game is before I purchase, but the hour did go fast and I really enjoyed it. Will probably be a buy for me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 22, 11 6:15 PM
I have some coupons to use and a summer to play games so I will probably use my coupons. Otherwise, I would not buy this game. With the latest Nancy Drew coming out on June 28 and with the weekly CE's, I doubt I will play it right away or even at all. Not the greatest game for me because I actually like all those fairy tale and "morbid" games that many on this site do not like. I like puzzles games which challenge your mind and this is a little juvenile. If you are going to play this game, you better have a big screen because many of the items are rather small and the graphics are fuzzy, at least for me. Puzzles a little too easy for me. Someone thought the coins were hard to find, I personally did not find that to be the case. Not the best game from BF, but it is okay for something to play and that is about all i can say about it. Grade: C+

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 22, 11 6:21 PM
dancemom1 wrote:Wasn't sure I would care for the game with the cartoony type drawings, but was pleasantly surprised to see that they only showed up during the conversations, which seemed out of place in some areas. Is this monkey Superman or what? Music okay, game play very nice. ****'s very different with mixture of what you find and how you find it. Liked that a lot. Waiting for the WT to come out to see how much longer the game is before I purchase, but the hour did go fast and I really enjoyed it. Will probably be a buy for me.

The game takes roughly 4-5 hours to finish without a walkthrough and only using a couple hints. Also searched for all the coins and watched all cut-scenes. It's as long as many CE's! So it's definitely worth the buy. Hope this helps!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 22, 11 6:25 PM
tommy21 wrote:with out sounding stupid can any body tell how to get the fishing pole i have clicked it and looked for may be a reel or some thing to put on to it,i'm only on the first level in the plane,i'm usualy good at hidden object games.
from tommy21

In each hidden object scene there is an item in green in the list that has to be assembled. There are always two parts needed to assemble the complete item and then you can click on it. Move your mouse around the screen looking for parts that would go with a fishing pole. Your cursor will change to a hand when you can pick it up. Then simply add it to the fishing pole. After adding the two items to make it complete, click on it and there you go! Remember though-there is one item like this in every hidden object scene and they are always listed in green. Hope this helps!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on May 22, 11 10:04 PM
I played through this entire game and found it to be really cute. The story and voiceovers were excellent, with quirky characters. I also liked - I don't know what it's called - the way the game is constructed as far as putting things and hints together from place to place to solve the puzzles.

The one big drawback is the messy graphics - fuzzy and hard to see. Fortunately the hint system got me through all that. I would recommend this game if you are one of the people who likes a fun and involved story line.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on May 22, 11 11:03 PM
It's actually one of the best games that came out recently. The puzzles
are quite simple to be solved and I think you can also find all the articles
without special help.

Go to: