TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Management 2

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on May 25, 11 4:53 PM
I LOVE TM games. I bought this one before my trial was even up. I have played the first Supermarket Management game several times. So far this one is just as fun. As a TM fan I give this a BIG thumbs up.

tadpole58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tadpole58 on May 26, 11 3:10 AM
Game was ok but it takes to long to get upgrades feels like you are playing forever to get upgrades I usually like games of this kind but dont think I will purchase this.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on May 26, 11 5:14 AM
i bought it before demo was up
i am soooo happy that i don't have to fill up the stupid cart all the time like in SM1 which sold me right away
very enjoyable game and not frustrating at all IMHO
i haven't gotten expert in all levels but this is a game worth trying at least ....alot of variety
ty devs and bfg for this keeper

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on May 26, 11 11:22 AM
Filmcrazylady - I sent you a PM telling you how to advoid astericks when abbreviating Hidden Object H0 - just use zero instead of letter O. Hope you see this.

[Post New]by filmcrazylady on May 26, 11 12:30 PM
laeddie wrote:Filmcrazylady - I sent you a PM telling you how to advoid astericks when abbreviating Hidden Object H0 - just use zero instead of letter O. Hope you see this.

I've answered your PM, thanks Laeddie, i appreciate the help

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on May 26, 11 3:04 PM
Wow, so many good games lately! Thanks, BFG.

Supermarket Management 1 was a game I much enjoyed, so I was pleased to see the sequel. It doesn't disappoint. They kept enough from the first game to keep the feel of the game, I didn't need the tutorial. Oh, and thanks for the option of skipping the tutorial, I hate games that force me to play the tutorial.

There are also some very nice innovations.
1. The cart used to refill shelves doesn't get empty anymore. That was one of my major pet peeves in the first game.
2. The fish/meet/cheese employee takes care of everything.
3. Nice new problems like customers arguing with employees or the business guy forgetting his cart in the aisles.
4. New mini games like having to choose the right button at the fruit scales or catching the right fish from the aquarium.

A tiny thing I didn't like: the new stores don't look much different from each other (I just finished the demo and reached the third store). In the first game - if I remember correctly - stores looked quite different from each other and could see how one progressed through different stores. This is lacking a bit here. No major issue though. Otherwise, graphics are simple but nice. The fruit in the mini game look absolutely yummy!

One is always busy, I like that. I was worried at first that if I had a full crew, I would be bored but there are always new things coming up. I never had the feeling I was too busy, as there are so many people to hire, and they become available at just the right time. They are very slow, though. I don't know if one can buy upgrades that make them quicker later on, but so far there are no upgrades for them.

Customers seem to be more impatient than in the first version, which adds another challenge.

Very entertaining, nice new ideas, demo hour just flew by. Another definite buy.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on May 26, 11 9:49 PM
I prefer Supermarket Mania 1 & 2 to this game. It feels so slow and clunky.

What is it with young pretty blondes and grocery stores anyway?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 26, 11 10:02 PM
I was able to Beta this one a while back and have been eagerly awaiting its release. This one is pretty much similiar to the first Supermarket Management, which I did purchase, but there have been additions to the game to make it interesting and a little different. My DD and I love TM games and this one is wonderful because it isn't so difficult you can't play, but it also isn't too slow making it boring. Each stage has a little twist to make it fun. Overall, one of my favorite TM games. Thanks BF!

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 10:03:29 PM PST

[Post New]by mac4me on May 27, 11 11:52 AM
i really loved the first one and was thrilled when this one first came out. My only complaint is that it was way too short. I finished the entire thing within a few hours, getting expert on all. I guess having played the first one a couple times helped me to know what to expect, but I would really love it to have been longer.

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on May 27, 11 4:16 PM
I'm fairly good at Tm's. I love to cook, but I LOATHE grocery shopping. Some of the later levels make me think of Saturday at the store! That's why I try to go on Mon or Tues!
All in all I really do enjoy this game. It's not too hard and not too easy.

[Post New]by lildreamy on May 27, 11 6:05 PM
I just bought this game tonight. I played for an hour, paid for it then went back to play and my progress was not saved. I tried this multiple times just to make sure it wasn't a one time mess up. As soon as I open the game the page to enter a new players name comes up. You can't cancel or skip this. When I get to the main page I go to change players and my progress is no longer there. It's exactly like it would be if I had just downloaded and never played it before.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I've emailed Big Fish games about it but I'm waiting for a response. Sucks to buy a game and really want to play it but can't.

Just wondering if anyone else had any this problem and if they had a solution. :-)

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on May 28, 11 5:25 AM
Well, I finished the game with expert on every level and very much enjoyed it...that is, until the last level. Why, why did the developers have to interject a thinly veiled socio-political comment on the final level? It made me wish I had never purchased the game. Can't we just enjoy a game without the brainwashing attempts? Sheesh.

jewel47
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jewel47 on May 28, 11 6:02 AM
Let me start off with an I am avid TM gamer. I played the first supermarket management and both versions of supermarket mania. As many have said before, this game is the poorer cousin of mania.

The game is cute and has some nice qualities but it is much easier than mania. So if you are looking for a slower and easier version of mania then this is it. It doesn't require mad clicking. I actually found it too easy on most levels. A lot of times my character stood around waiting for something to do.

So if you like dash series and supermarket mania this may be a tad too laid back. But it is a cute game and it is enjoyable but not overly exciting or stressful.

Proofreading?!?!

[Post New]by pf7130 on Jun 2, 11 1:17 PM
On level 3-10, it says, "Keep counters fool." Ehem. If you need a proofreader for your games, that's what I do! This isn't the first time I have seen something misspelled on a game.

Tricia1972
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Tricia1972 on Jun 2, 11 6:25 PM
I love this game i like the variety im just having a prob with 4-10 i have played it so many times. Does anyone have a bone they can throw me. Thx so much in advance

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Jun 3, 11 7:31 PM
DO NOT buy this for 6.99 it is so NOT worth it. I finished in an hour. It was so easy a "Cavemen" could play it. So glad I did not use one of my credit. I had a free credit I used, but, it still was a waste.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jun 5, 11 10:54 PM
I'm not normally a fan of the dash type TM games, but I enjoyed the demo enough to purchase this one.

Overview: point-and-click dash type game set in a supermarket. You do not control your inventory or pricing; you look after customers at several stations (such as cashier, fruit and veg, deli, fish, cakes). Later you can hire assistants to do this for you. Customers need an available trolley to shop, and the shelves must be kept stocked.

Gameplay: Each "day" is timed but the time is fairly generous. The normal goal is easily obtainable even with several mistakes made. Expert is a little too easy, sometimes only requiring a few more $ earned than normal, and can be acquired without any extra effort. Most levels are tuned well, upgrades are introduced gradually and small twists appear as you progress which are definitely fun.

Graphics/Music/Interface: The game is visually appealing with bright colors, several characters and cute animations. It's helpful to play with sounds on as they give you audio cues when something needs attention. The interface is straight forward and smooth.

Replay: The game is enjoyable enough to be played through again, even if you achieve all expert the first time round. If I didn't get expert, I'd replay the level immediately. This led to one of the few glitches in an otherwise flawless package, it seems the intention is to play all the way through and then go back and redo the levels you missed. Trying to repeat them as they happened was somewhat buggy but only a very minor annoyance.

Value: There are just shy of 50 levels. Not sure how the poster above finished in an hour, since each level has a timer of several minutes (representing business hours) and a level cannot be completed early. There is variation in the approaches for each level, enough to make it interesting and fun the whole way through. I would have liked one more store, but perhaps it would have dragged it on too much. I found the final level to be somewhat boring, nothing special, too easy - whereas the second last level was crazy and perhaps a better level to have finished on. All in all, good value for the $ spent.

Rating: 8/10

I usually prefer TM games that focus on management (rather than beating a timer) but I enjoyed this one a lot, and would purchase again. I did not play the original.

I love catching fishies!

[Post New]by Lavenderstrawbry on Jun 13, 11 4:46 PM
Overall, I liked this game. I really liked the mini-game where you caught the fish. I also enjoyed slicing the fish and meat, although the combination of the faces and noises made as you estimate the size the want was a little perverse. It made me laugh though.

I never played the first one, so I can't comment on that but I thought it progressed fairly nicely.

I was a bit annoyed by the over poor translation done by the team that did this. It wasn't annoying enough that I would avoid buying it, but really a good spellchecker and person to check the English format would have would worked the kinks out. Mostly the poor translation just left me scratching my head and raising my eyebrows.

I also don't like that you can't play more than one game at a time, that was a poor choice. I also can't play it in minimum screen mode on my new computer which is something that I have noticed when game manufacturers try to cut costs.

All that being said, I enjoyed the game and it scratched my need for a new TM to play.

Not Blown Away

[Post New]by Starfire27 on Jun 14, 11 6:45 PM
I enjoyed this game in the demo and bought it right after, but I have had some issues with it that made me put it in the "not so much" column of my Like Book. I found, first of all, that the game ran slow at times, froze up entirely at others, and generally was choppy more sessions than not. One big annoyance was that after cutting the meat or fish for the customer, I ended up with that person's big giant head sitting right on top of the meat counter, preventing my character from leaving the area and attending to other customers or dealing with the problems at the counters and registers. I always had to shut the game down at that point and restart.

When the game did run, it ran smoothly, but always at the same speed - boring. It really got repetitive after a while since there was very little new to deal with; the challenges of each new level really weren't sufficient to make the game that much of a draw for me.

I love Time Management games in general, but I wasn't able to enjoy the TM part of this one because it just didn't hold my attention.

I'm happy, though, that others seem to enjoy it so much and would recommend all TM fans, or just those interested, to give it a try. It may be just exactly what you're looking for. For me, though, I'll wait for the next Roads of Rome type TM game.

[Post New]by LuckyEmma on Jun 16, 11 1:44 PM
Overall, I think this game is fun. The story is really silly though and the way the girl dances at the end of each day is hilarious to watch.

I like the artwork and illustrations in this game, very pleasing tot he eye. the music was not memorable to me. I did find some sound effects annoying, namely the snoring people. I sometimes found the chubby woman (which they referred to as "young girl", though my definition of young girl is not that....) giggle annoying and didn't seem to fit.

It took me a little while to adjust to not needing to do combos, as I'm so used to that in other games.

I like how smooth the game play goes. Basically, it doesn't take a lot of effort to click around and get all that needs to be done, done.

Go to: