textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 26, 11 12:26 PM
(Continued)
There are achievements and I'll say this--I'll have to play again to get them all. The ones I did not get the first time around - Dead Eye - I had 4 misses with the boats; Irish Rover - I only found 95 clovers; Devils in the Details - I haven't played the unlimited H0 scenes yet; Ornitologist - I only found 35 ravens (but I didn't use any of them!)

Entire regular game play using no hints, no skips and no strategy guide took me 5.75 hours.
Dem Bones Extra Feature took me .75 hours.
The bonus round was excellent and took me 1.75 hours to complete, again, no hints, no skips, no strategy guide.

So overall time for this game was 8.25 hours. I consider that more than fair play for the money.

So, for great storyline, technical merit, good gameplay, good puzzles/hidden object scenes and outstanding achievements for extra gameplay and additional content - five stars! .

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 1:41:58 PM PST

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's

[Post New]by angelfishp on May 26, 11 12:43 PM
I love the Midnight Mysteries series. The graphics are top notch and the music is nice and spooky. I love to play CE with achievements. Trying to get them all is what will make this a long game for me. Thank you Mumbo Jumbo for a good quality game.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 26, 11 1:02 PM
Yippee...Another Midnight Mystery game. I have downloaded and played for 30 min and it will be a buy for me. Like the story line and graphics are great. You even get a surprise factor that will be amazing. Got me to sit up and take notice. Love it.. Love it..

Kazzie_UK
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Kazzie_UK on May 26, 11 1:06 PM
I'm guessing everone has good eye-sight... other than me. I am really struggling to find the objects as they are so small.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on May 26, 11 1:17 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME! Had 2 credits and they went to this CE (whenever did that start happening?).....so got it for free and 3 punches....OH HAPPY DAY!

Thank You BF!!!!

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 1:18:54 PM PST

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on May 26, 11 1:55 PM
Excellent game. It was so riveting I sped through the demo hour without noticing. A definite buy for me. Enjoy!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 26, 11 2:34 PM

Errgg..did not want to buy another CE this month but this is really a good game with beautiful graphics, good story, interesting characters ...could not help myself, I swear!

I just had to buy after playing the demo...the devil made me do it....

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 26, 11 3:13 PM
didn't think it would happen, but... WOW i love these guys!

i really have to say that mumbo jumbo doesn't do anything halfway... and this installation of the midnight mysteries is no exception! beautifully rendered, scripted, scored, and yet another great little piece of american folklore...

can't wait to get my hands on the rest of it, so i'm off to buy, and then it's time to explore the england of shakespeare and marlowe!

detecto63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by detecto63 on May 26, 11 3:52 PM
I really liked this game.I grew up hearing alot about Mark Twain. As I did Salem Witch Trials and Edgar A Poe Conspiracy. The book keeps up with where you are . No hunting pages to read.The acquisition of the items is very slow. Only complaint is the double price, I'd love to buy, but again on limited budget. I can't. For all who can, I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy it.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on May 26, 11 4:05 PM
oh no, another CE i'm going broke buying these games but i love them, can't help myself, Ivbrule said she got this game with 2 credits, when did BF start doing that? are they going to start letting us use our credits now, they should, as much money that spend on them, guess i'll wait for June to get this one, already brought 4 CR's for the month of May, hope they put out some good STANDARD games for us to use our punchs on

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on May 26, 11 4:31 PM
candybrand wrote:Ivbrule said she got this game with 2 credits, when did BF start doing that?

I think that announcement was a couple weeks ago. You'll need to update your Game Manager first, but it may have updated when you downloaded the demo.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 26, 11 4:35 PM
I really like the game and I want to buy it but I only have one problem. It runs slowly. It's not enough to prevent me from playing it but it takes a bit of waiting for each item collected to complete, etc. That is disappointing! I doubt that I can do anything to correct that because I am up-to-date on everything as far as I know. I've run into that with a couple of other games. I was prepared to buy it after playing the trial but I think I'll wait a bit before making up my mind. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The game is great and the graphics are AWESOME!!

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 26, 11 4:48 PM
Think the devil has got out of the ole Mississip and into this game as there seem to be sooooooooo many probs with bugs etc etc...
I dont think its asking too much to EXPECT ONLY release games that are tested on all formats and tech prob free.
C'mon you keep delivering consistent quantity, but the quality of the games seems secondary. IMO

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 26, 11 4:55 PM
lvbrule wrote: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME! Had 2 credits and they went to this CE (whenever did that start happening?).....so got it for free and 3 punches....OH HAPPY DAY!

Thank You BF!!!!

Well, Happy Anniversary. But...you didn't get the game for free. Each month you pay $6.99 for a Game Credit.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 26, 11 5:12 PM
Heck I had to buy this one. Mark Twain. Mississippi River and me (Old Man River).
The fact that it is a great game makes it even easier to part with my hard earned money.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 26, 11 5:15 PM
I bought the Salem Witch Trials as a DD and it was too difficult for me. Is this one about the same difficulty?

Just played part of the demo and remember why I found it difficult. I keep getting to places where I can't figure out what to do. lol

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 6:12:02 PM PST

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on May 26, 11 5:26 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Any Mumbo Jumbo I will tell you about this game is unbelievable! Only The Raven knows the truth...

Mark Twain hires the detective (honorable me ) to chase the demon which follows his soul... Great graphics, Walkthrough (Not the previous Strategy Guide we got), Raven hints, and a black cat penalty if you overclick...

It's already mine. Thanks developers, thanks BF!

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on May 26, 11 5:28 PM
murder1 wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Any Mumbo Jumbo I will tell you about this game is unbelievable! Only The Raven knows the truth...

Mark Twain hires the detective (honorable me ) to chase the demon which follows his soul... Great graphics, Walkthrough (Not the previous Strategy Guide we got), Raven hints, and a black cat penalty if you overclick...

It's already mine. Thanks developers, thanks BF!
is or isnot a walkthrough

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on May 26, 11 5:35 PM
What a great game.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on May 26, 11 5:42 PM
Absolutly awsome! Great concept art work, great definition, immersive story tale, even thou the dialogue is question/answer in written mode, it's not frequent and repetitive, and most of all is concise, so acceptable, I have played other midnight mysteries series, and there are all very good, but this one is excellent! Thanks Mumbo Jumbo and Bf G, deluxe

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 5:43:14 PM PST

Go to: