Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nancy Drew: The Trail of the Twister

[Post New]by Princessdana on Jun 5, 11 6:46 PM
Really look forward to each new ND game but this is one I may possibly leave unfinished..HATE,HATE,HATE the driving..so hard to get from one place to another & the GPS is nothing but confusing.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 6, 11 5:27 AM
Spoodlehead, you sound like you don't realise you can buy a mouse for your laptop for just a few dollars.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Jun 7, 11 3:19 AM
I have always enjoyed the ND games, but I have to say, a SKIP puzzle button would alleviate a lot of the frustration endured with puzzles I would rather not bother to attempt! ie That awful camera puzzle with all the numbers and the transmission gears puzzle as well. I find I have to keep walking away from the computer and taking a breather. Aside from that, this particular ND game is boring to me. The story line isn't intriguing (for me) in the least; and the characters are **** hum. I just don't care what happens, so for me, it wasn't money well spent. I hope everyone else enjoys it though.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 7, 11 8:48 PM
I have all the Nancy Drew games and am now playing this game for the second time. I love it. I enjoy all the puzzles, the characters are interesting, and I especially like the music in this game. Also, the conversations you have with Krolmeister through your cell phone are quite amusing.

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Jun 9, 11 1:27 AM
People are spoilt with skip buttons. I can understand you are frustrated, but if there was a skip button for everything, many people wouldn't even attempt to try the puzzles, and who knows, would miss some they would actually enjoy.

Anyway, it's not like there aren't loads of walkthroughs with puzzle solutions in the Net. You don't even have to exit the game to look for them, you can choose "windowed" from options (gear icon) or press Alt+Tab to go to the next running application (or desktop, if you don't have anything open).

Dare to play!

tuskel,
sincerely

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 9, 11 8:49 PM
This is the first game i bought that was not a Hidden Object game/adventure game & i did enjoy it very much. However, i do miss my Hidden object scenes alot though....not sure if i am hooked on these types ....the length it took me to complete was about 7 hours...not sure if thats normal or not....all in all i would buy another ND game in the future....

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Jul 19, 11 8:49 AM
babbydoll1201 wrote:This is the first game i bought that was not a Hidden Object game/adventure game & i did enjoy it very much. However, i do miss my Hidden object scenes alot though....not sure if i am hooked on these types ....the length it took me to complete was about 7 hours...not sure if thats normal or not....all in all i would buy another ND game in the future....

I thought exactly the same when I finished my first ND game (Curse of Blackmoor Manor), though right after finishing I was sure I would never play adventure games again. However, I am a full convert now and simple HOGs bore me.

7 hours for the first game is allright, and fairly fast actually. Then again, it is full of puzzles and not much actual snooping that would make it a bit longer... Earlier ones are harder if you are new to ND adventure games.

You can go to Her Interactive home page and read the game descriptions to see what kind of setting you would like, and then buy the game here - it's much cheaper! BigFish has most of the games, except the first two, Secret of Shadow Ranch and the last two to date. There is plenty to choose from!

tuskel,
sincerely

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Jul 24, 11 2:50 PM
I wish there were more nancy drew games. i think they're all brilliant. i just can't seem to get into the other large file games.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jul 28, 11 9:20 AM
Final pros and cons after having finished the game:

Setting - I liked the movie Twister and it was interesting to learn more about the topic.
Good riddles - the number placement to fix the camera was actually pretty easy, then again, I solved a legion of those on this site (in the Online Games section) already.
P.G. Krolmeister was very quirky.
Land Rush!
As usual, little things you find that remind you of old cases - like "Watching Waverley" on TV.

Date and weather symbols puzzle! Had to look that one up in a walkthrough since the instructions weren't clear at all.
Phone hints not really helpful this time. "Put three blue circles in corners", or even worse, "Do not use the corners!" Yeah, right.
Scare factor: Zero. (Only one "frightening" scene, and they already gave away that one in the demo and the trailer.)

Bottom line: Save for one puzzle it's actually an easy game, and might be even a good one to begin. Interesting stuff that I can recommend.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 12, 11 7:38 AM
I do wished they would find a way for us to get to try out these games like they do the others to see if we would like to buy them maybe one day BF will figure out how to let us do that in the future,, Happy Gaming fishes..

Liantara
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Liantara on Oct 15, 11 3:08 AM
A solid adventure game which I can recommend for starters. It wasn't hard to play but as someone else already mentioned - the puzzle explanations were in some cases quite insufficient, so I had to lookup a walkthrough as well to find out what I am actually supposed to do. Aside from that, some information didnt reveal through the game but only at the end of it - i found that a little bit disappointing. I rather have the story develop a little bit more than getting the 'solutions' at the end of the game in a monologue.

[Post New]by Caldron_Cakes123 on Nov 5, 11 4:46 PM
hey does anyone know when Alibi in Ashes will be here? Its so expensive on other sites!

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 27, 11 9:26 PM
Not one of the best Nancy Drew games around, but still ultimately playable. The story is entertaining, & the games contains a lot of interesting facts about Tornadoes etc. Some of the tasks were a little tedious & coming from Australia, trying to drive on the wrong side of the road was down right annoying LOL, however, I still enjoyed playing it.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on May 4, 12 7:37 AM
I won't buy a game I can't Trial first. Money is too tight and I can't see wasting what I do have on a pig in a poke as they say. I like ND but not all of them are what I want. Many are, yes, but not all.

Thanks for the reviews though. I do read them, And have tried games that you all have recommended. Bought quite a few.

Go to: