Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dixi37 on Jun 9, 11 5:07 PM
I can't even install it. While it does, it keeps telling me that it would require "flash player"... I tried to install it only to find confirmed what I had already known: Flash Player is already installed...
Well, of course it is, otherwise a lot of other games would not be playable... But whenever I delet the game and try to re-download it, as soon as it installs it still won't recognize flash player...

[Post New]by Marzme on Jun 10, 11 3:18 PM
I keep getting an error message that I need Flash Player 8 or higher. I have Adobe Flash Player 10.0. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game using valuable internet time. Any recommendations?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 10, 11 5:06 PM
Hey folks,

If you're having troubles installing the game due to an error message regarding Adobe Flash, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game with Internet Explorer 9 as the web browser.

*You can click on the bold words for more information

Still having troubles playing the game? Please get in touch with Tech Support and our reps will be happy to assist you with the installation process. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by gr8filded on Jun 13, 11 6:35 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey folks,

If you're having troubles installing the game due to an error message regarding Adobe Flash, you may want to try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game with <a href="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home">Internet Explorer 9</a> as the web browser.

*You can click on the bold words for more information

Still having troubles playing the game? Please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> and our reps will be happy to assist you with the installation process. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

How about a fix to everyone else's problem?? The hammer?? I just bought this game and having the same problem as almost everyone on this forum.

[Post New]by Marzme on Jun 16, 11 6:33 PM
OK - I updated my windows explorer and still the flash player message - give me a break - over 2 weeks with no response from BFG (other than a free coupon) - I can't get ANY customer service - what is going on there?
Does being a regular game club member not matter anymore

[Post New]by caldersey on Jun 25, 11 7:21 AM
mariner3b wrote:I'm trying to open the book of magic colors in the port office. when i click on it, i get the message "ice, water, steam, magic" but the book will not open and i cannot proceed.

I am havng same prob as above. has anyone got a solution? it is very frustrating!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 25, 11 10:15 AM
The color book is not a technical issue. See the thread "Again Colour Book" for solutions.

[Post New]by Tinda_b on Jun 25, 11 3:45 PM
LeslieMaestra wrote:I've had a couple of problems that appear to be related.

After the trial, I tried to play from where I left off. However, some of the things I'd accomplished before were in the dream book, but weren't done in the game (i.e. getting the key to the house with the book of water, revealing the information in the book of water) and I got stuck trying to complete these tasks. So, I decided to restart. Less than 2 hours later, when I finished the WHOLE GAME ( which is why I waited to have a free game credit to buy it, knowing I'd probably zoom through it and end up as disappointed as I had been with Air, that I'd stupidly bought as a CE), I decided to play it again, under the same name. Everything went smoothly until I had to take the potion to my father, and instead the game wanted me to put the symbols on the Lillith statue. (As this game is mind-numbingly easy, I don't think this is a spoiler.) Just thought BF &/or the dev's should know that you can't replay the game under the same name, or restart it after the trial. Perhaps this is the reason for everyone's hammer problem too. Try restarting the game and see what happens. Despite getting the game for free, I was still disappointed. Maybe I won't bother with Fire after all, *sigh*.

I'm having the exact same problem - no problem here the first time round. V disappointed.

[Post New]by Pennywell51 on Jun 26, 11 5:28 AM
Game froze as soon as I paid - I want my refund

[Post New]by Ljerard on Sep 16, 11 12:51 PM
Hi, the game stopped when I finished putting the symbols on the statue. A stair case opened underneath and before I could move it went black and ended.

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Sep 26, 11 6:33 PM
I have made 2 attempts to replay this game. The first attempt ended when I got to the herbalist and there was not jar for getting the potion. The second attempt the jar was there, I got the potion and when I went back to Wish to give it to my father, the game wouldn't let me past the statue, saying "It's time to end this". I give up on replaying to see if I can figure out where I missed 2 dream gems. I enjoyed the game, but am disappointed that playing a "new game" doesn't work.

[Post New]by LeelouT on Oct 10, 11 4:20 PM
Hi, like everybody hère, I was stucked at the Hammer and I Had to re start 2 times the entire game. But now, I've just finish the chapter 6 and I must go back to the Herbaliste, but the map won't let me go anywhere. Why ? Arg.... So frustrating ...

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Nov 10, 11 8:15 PM
To get the hammer to weld, just leave it in the tray and hit the button.

[Post New]by annmjensen on Feb 8, 12 7:14 PM
Tflo wrote:WTH? Like other players above, I had no problems during the trial, but soon as I bought it, I was stuck back at the hammer! (I was ready to paint the fishing pole and almost done at Barge City).

Although I am already at Barge City, the hint button tells me to return there! I can't do anything now!

Annoyed to say the least!

Sme problem here exactly!!! HAs anyone gotten to a real support person on this???? I want to play this game!!

Jjamz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Jjamz on Feb 9, 12 3:52 AM
Tinda_b wrote:
LeslieMaestra wrote:I've had a couple of problems that appear to be related.

After the trial, I tried to play from where I left off. However, some of the things I'd accomplished before were in the dream book, but weren't done in the game (i.e. getting the key to the house with the book of water, revealing the information in the book of water) and I got stuck trying to complete these tasks. So, I decided to restart. Less than 2 hours later, when I finished the WHOLE GAME ( which is why I waited to have a free game credit to buy it, knowing I'd probably zoom through it and end up as disappointed as I had been with Air, that I'd stupidly bought as a CE), I decided to play it again, under the same name. Everything went smoothly until I had to take the potion to my father, and instead the game wanted me to put the symbols on the Lillith statue. (As this game is mind-numbingly easy, I don't think this is a spoiler.) Just thought BF &/or the dev's should know that you can't replay the game under the same name, or restart it after the trial. Perhaps this is the reason for everyone's hammer problem too. Try restarting the game and see what happens. Despite getting the game for free, I was still disappointed. Maybe I won't bother with Fire after all, *sigh*.

I'm having the exact same problem - no problem here the first time round. V disappointed.

Similar problems here. Items in the inventory disappear after the game crashes and I can't recover them nor complete the next tasks. Happens when I restart from the beginning as well.

Stuck on caves screen

[Post New]by Blv8510 on Mar 29, 12 3:58 PM
I have read answers to "stuck in caves" posts that say "return to wish." I have no airship visible to return to wish in. I have tapped everywhere (using ipad). Now what?

Stuck on caves screen

[Post New]by aunttami1 on May 23, 12 10:57 PM
Blv8510 wrote:I have read answers to "stuck in caves" posts that say "return to wish." I have no airship visible to return to wish in. I have tapped everywhere (using ipad). Now what?
when you put the correct gold piece on perch you get a bar slide on the right. keep clicking on it until the gold pieces on the cave wall line up. when they do you get a symbol. if mother already has gold piece click on weld piece. it activates bar slide. use it the same as in other caves. gl

[Post New]by Cash00013 on Sep 18, 12 2:43 PM
Restarted the game having suffered a bug at Barge City....the locator on the map was stuck on Barge City and wouldn't allow me to go to Obelisk...so...restarted...for it to do it again from Merrows place....the locator is not over the clockmaker where it should be, but of course exactly where I am...at Merrows...this is incredibly annoying...I am so reluctant to start again...I want a refund...this is ridiculous...and no one ever seems to reply from the creators!

[Post New]by Cash00013 on Sep 19, 12 10:10 AM
Cash00013 wrote:Restarted the game having suffered a bug at Barge City....the locator on the map was stuck on Barge City and wouldn't allow me to go to Obelisk...so...restarted...for it to do it again from Merrows place....the locator is not over the clockmaker where it should be, but of course exactly where I am...at Merrows...this is incredibly annoying...I am so reluctant to start again...I want a refund...this is ridiculous...and no one ever seems to reply from the creators!

Ok, so restarted AGAIN...for it to freak out at the crater and not let me back to the airship....this is beyond ridiculous....any member of the team listening...or even care after taking money back.....I'd like a refund please!!! Your game WAS enjoyable, but having to redo the ENTIRE game 3 times in order to progress, and it's stuck again is beyond a joke!!

Stuck on caves screen

[Post New]by Cash00013 on Sep 19, 12 10:11 AM
Blv8510 wrote:I have read answers to "stuck in caves" posts that say "return to wish." I have no airship visible to return to wish in. I have tapped everywhere (using ipad). Now what?

Same problem..it's ridiculous....the game is bugged to hell....I'm also iPad!

Go to: