LandGrabbers...So frustrating I feel like throwing my computer out the window!

[Post New]by Sonyale71 on Jun 6, 11 4:10 AM
I just don't get it. I'm all for a challenge but this is unfair and ridiculous. I'm on Forest 8 and right at the get-go I have 20 troops and the enemy has at least 3 buildings and at least 3x as many troops. How the hell are you supposed to win? I keep looking for an option that takes it down from a setting of "insane" to "give-me-a-break"... This is the first time in a year that I've been with Big Fish and so far I have loved it, until now. I want my game credit back. What a waste. Don't purchase unless you enjoy being bald because I guarantee you will pull out every last hair and start swearing like a sailor.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for LandGrabbers

[Post New]by Sonyale71 on Jun 6, 11 10:09 AM
Just giving big props to Big Fish... I just got an email from them and they gave me a free coupon code for any game I wish. Now that's the way to run a business, after all, "The customer is always right." Thank you BF, you have a long time, happy customer and will remain so for a long time to come.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Jun 6, 11 11:20 AM
OMG! I take back my complaints about the game being too hard. Once you get how to play it , it is actually very easy. I am at level 14 now and getting through each level without much trouble at all. I really like it now! Thanks, to the people who gave similar comments!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 9, 11 5:30 PM
Love this game...very addictive for me . Lot's of fun for me....Thanks BF !!!!

[Post New]by luvs3dogs on Jun 10, 11 6:15 PM
I was enjoying this game until lava level 7. Could not get passed this level no matter what I tried. Extremely frustrated and regret purchasing this game.

RossC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RossC on Jun 14, 11 1:58 AM
Love this game. I'm currently stuck on Desert4 ('General' difficulty). Has anyone completed this? I'd be grateful for any tips.

[Post New]by xSmallFish on Jun 15, 11 6:56 AM
Cool, I really like it. It was really fun! A unique game yet a challenging one!

----!SPOILER!-----
Here's tips:
-When an enemy goes out to your base, kill the base that the enemy went out on.
-Defenses are important, keep that in mind.
-Powers are important, use it often!

Well I got to go, seeya!

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jun 16, 11 12:48 PM
I LOVE this game! It was a challenge to figure it out at first but I love the challenge. I loved how it made me plan my moves ahead of time to win. I love building games to begin with and am a fan of Roads of Rome/My Kingdom for the Princess/Build-A-Lot/etc and I found this game different but just as exciting.
I recommend it highly.

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 12:51:32 PM PST

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Jun 18, 11 3:59 AM
Overcoming initial frustration was the key to this game. I now LOVE it. It is a fast, exciting, adrenaline pumping game and I have become addicted. The next surprise was more levels when I finished the game. Extremely satisfying to complete a level with the yellow comment saying you beat the master. It combines skill, speed and thinking ahead. Best game for a long time and I'm usually more of a HOG fan.

[Post New]by LocaCar2607 on Jun 23, 11 3:11 AM
Please someone help me!! I'm really angry cause I can't beat forest 8. And that is really weard cause most times i'm so good with this... Can someone please send or post some cheats/hints/tips so I can beaten this level! I'm really thankfull!!

RossC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RossC on Jun 23, 11 5:53 PM
One of the best games I've played in terms of the difficulty calibration. So many times the game would hand my **** to me, and I would angrily declare "this level is impossible!". Then I would come back to it, think about it a while, try it a few more times - and eventually win. That's a sign of a really good game.

[Post New]by Michael2029 on Jun 24, 11 2:27 PM
BEST GAME EVER!!!! Omg this is such a great game. Everything in the forum I read is true - it gets harder as you go from numbers 1-9. You get stuck. You get ugly at your computer - you can't click fast enough. Level 9 is a grunt. Then you start on the next scenario - desert (I think) and it's the same only, wait, it's kind of a bit harder overall, isn't it. Just a little. But hey, it's harder as you go through 1-9 and you get stuck and THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!! Then you get to Lavaland and holy mother is this for real. 4 days to get there and I'm scuffling around like I've never seen the game before. And level 9 on Lava, well you are going to weep. And finally, after a week or whatever you get it - ahhhhh number 9 on Lavaland.
Then you start at the beginning and play it to beat the Master on each and every one cause now you actully get it - you understand some of the concepts. And you're good now and hey, you can do this. And you do - okay it takes awhile but you do set the record (beat the Master on them all). Then you start at the beginning again but as a Colonel and hey, guess what, it's harder! LOL You have a time limit that's tighter than what you had when you beat the Master. And then you can do it all again as a General.
I cannot say enough about this game. It's complex in so many ways. The people who developed it are amazing and I really, really, really want Landgrabbers II - I mean right now.

[Post New]by Jimmi_Jooja on Jun 25, 11 3:15 PM
I really enjoy this style of game and have been looking for one for ages. I found the concept really easy to grasp and I like the levels that actually require some THOUGHT into what you are doing, rather than just attacking. I don't know what everyone's complaining about though: it wasn't THAT hard. (Well, until you unlock the harder modes where the enemy don't just sit there until you kill them)

fraye73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by fraye73 on Jun 27, 11 6:03 AM
Can someone please send a walk through for Desert 8? I feel like I've tried everything.... Different building upgrades, attacking different buildings... HELP!!

[Post New]by rayjoesask on Jun 27, 11 11:59 AM
As a long time subscriber to Big Fish - I have LOVED most all of their games and have found that their putting games into the proper game genre has always been right on! My favorite game type is strategy! This game I find very very frustrating, it is about how fast you can click your mouse, not about strategy. This is the one and only time that I can honestly say I am very sorry I purchased this bigfish game.

Rayjo

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on Jul 2, 11 4:42 AM
Great game. I really hope they make a second one. Didn't think I'd like it but I do. Think of it as a cross between Risk and Roads to Rome. There are some levels that are harder than others but you can get through them. After you finish the game there are two more difficulty levels that you can do one a little harder with help and one without help at all.

[Post New]by hadeda on Jul 4, 11 7:02 AM
Thought this was a nicer graphic version of civilisation wars , but can't get beyond level 9, can't find anywhere to 'spend' the gold earned, no beginners, intermediate or advanced level - can't drag select towns - no quick keys ...... pity .... played to level 9 in less than a day ... a FIX might give it more life

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jul 4, 11 3:21 PM
hadeda wrote:Thought this was a nicer graphic version of civilisation wars , but can't get beyond level 9, can't find anywhere to 'spend' the gold earned, no beginners, intermediate or advanced level - can't drag select towns - no quick keys ...... pity .... played to level 9 in less than a day ... a FIX might give it more life

I'm guessing you're on Forest 9, the first of the venues in the game. You will get places to spend the gold you're earning on later levels. The first levels are more or less "practice" to just get the gameplay down. The upper levels have plenty of strategy and choices.

And there actually is a level select feature. The game defaults to the easiest level (lieutenant) but there are two more levels (colonel and general) that are available when you beat the game in lieutenant.

Although the levels may seem difficult at first, keep at 'em. There's more to this game than you've experienced yet.

In short, there are many of us who don't believe the game needs a fix.

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccak on Jul 4, 11 5:09 PM
This game grew on me, first I trialled it but didn't want to buy, then I craved playing it some more so I bought it. I was stuck for several days on desert 4, but realized I had to adapt a more aggressive strategy. Eventually I got gold stars on the first levels, and got stuck on colonel levels, until I realized I had to be yet more aggressive still. I even got gold stars on the colonel levels. However, I fear I am just not aggessive enough for the general levels and don't want to do them. Maybe I will change my mind though.

However I do agree with the one complaint that selecting a lot of towns is a hassle, and would have liked a way to 'preset' a group of towns so I could click once to pick all of them. It would free up precious seconds too!

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 6:01:24 PM PST

RossC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RossC on Jul 7, 11 5:20 PM
Got it! Got it! I finally beat all the levels in General mode.
This game was fantastic. Utterly, totally addictive. If they make a LandGrabbers 2, I'm buying it for sure.

Go to: