barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jun 2, 11 7:17 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure.

OK I know most of the acronyms but what is a HOPA? We really need a side bar telling people what these acronyms stand for. Not knowing might make a new person feel totally lost.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 7:19 AM
lastosis, i do reserve judgement till lots weigh in, but if a lot say 3 hours, 4 with bonus...i wont buy,

i just think ce,s are getting shorter and shorter, i am just trying to budget my game money better, and hope the devs make these games worth the ce buck

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 2, 11 7:21 AM
I was all set to purchase the latest Midnight Mysteries with my credits, but now I'm torn. I have the first Love Chronicles and even though there's some difference in play (FROG vs traditional H0's in the H0 scenes) I really like both. It's a sample version It seems that usually you get to complete one chapter when you have those. I finished the demo with 5 minutes left. I didn't have any technical issues of any sort. Someone commented or asked earlier about running games on Windows 7 when the specifications state Windows XP/Vista. In the year that I have been running Windows 7 I've never had that be an issue for playing a game. The problem usually comes if you're running an operating system older than XP (was that 98? I forget). Have fun, y'all.

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by lastoasis on Jun 2, 11 7:24 AM
Saphire, I think when you buy a CE you're mostly paying to get NOW instead of having to wait 6 weeks.

Barbee HOPA is Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Bella boy do I agree about saving bucks. I guess I misunderstood your post, I thought you had said only one fish had reported 3 hrs. Sorry.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 7:30 AM
lastoasis wrote:Saphire, I think when you buy a CE you're mostly paying to get NOW instead of having to wait 6 weeks.

Barbee HOPA is Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Bella boy do I agree about saving bucks. I guess I misunderstood your post, I thought you had said only one fish had reported 3 hrs. Sorry.

so far only one has, i liked the game and in the past would of bought right after the demo ended, but with not being able to see the full guide (big pet peeve of mine, want me to buy ce, then let me demo the ce, ie anything unlocked at purchase like the guide, should be unlocked in demo) to gauge length, i am now waiting to see what the average length is, so will wait till quite a few report in on length, no reason to apoligize

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 2, 11 7:47 AM
bella81762 wrote:lastosis, i do reserve judgement till lots weigh in, but if a lot say 3 hours, 4 with bonus...i wont buy,

i just think ce,s are getting shorter and shorter, i am just trying to budget my game money better, and hope the devs make these games worth the ce buck
I played now for 4 of 5 hours and still not finished. And the bonus must I play.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 2, 11 7:55 AM
I played the demo to where you cross the bridge and really enjoyed it, but I'm hearing it's a very short game. And after all the testing the game has received I am quite surprised that there are so many typos and grammar errors. I'll definitely wait for the Standard Edition. By then, all of the text bugs should be fixed.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 2, 11 8:11 AM
I will be waiting for standard edition also, This lacks the charm of the first Love Chronicles.

I enjoyed different characters and the storyline of the first game- also the gameplay was a bit different than norm.

Not much of a story here that I could tell and it is just another go here and there, pick up this or that CE game.

A bit disappointed.

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by lastoasis on Jun 2, 11 8:13 AM
I could be wrong, but I really doubt they will change anything in the game before it's released in SE, especially not text.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 2, 11 8:24 AM
I didn't play the demo first, bought it straight away as downloading the demo and the full game takes up too much of my d/l limit. And I'm more than happy I did!

Gorgeous graphics, story made sense, hidden objects not too hard to find and some tricky puzzles made this several hours of entertainment. How anyone finished it in 2 hours is beyond me; I'm not a slow player but it took me about 4.5 hours.

The bonus chapter was long enough but relied to much on hidden object searches for my liking. It did however pave the way for a sequel in which I hope the very handsome prince finally gets rid of that nasty witch and has a peaceful life! After all he's been through he deserves it

Well worth the 2 credits I saved up!

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 8:26:22 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 2, 11 8:38 AM
lastoasis wrote:I could be wrong, but I really doubt they will change anything in the game before it's released in SE, especially not text.

They change the price!

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jun 2, 11 8:40 AM
Thank you BFG for another excellent game. Really enjoyed this game. Took me about 7or 71/2 hrs to finish. I did it on regular, really liked all the different games and puzzles. Was a pure enjoyment to play. Well worth the money (imo). I want to thank you for CE Thursdays.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 2, 11 8:43 AM
Well it's a buy for me.

I concur with the GoofyCherb... reviews

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 2, 11 9:40 AM
i like this better then part one...more fun to play...one was good but this is nicer? just started demo so we will see

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jun 2, 11 9:55 AM
govegril wrote:I enjoyed different characters and the storyline of the first game- also the gameplay was a bit different than norm.

I was wondering why I was feeling so lonely in [b]this[b] Love Chronicles. I'm well into the 2nd chapter and I haven't met any people yet LOL.

I just played the 1st LC last week, and this one is very different. Really enjoying it tho! The 2 are very different game-play wise, so it's difficult to compare them. I liked the FROG's in pt 1, but am quite enjoying the interactive adventure of this one.

All in all, glad I bought it! TY BFG!

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Jun 2, 11 10:19 AM
So far into the demo and I love the game. It is easier than most I play but a breather every now and then is nice. You can play regular or expert mode. I mute the music so cannot comment on it. Subtitles pretty much direct you for moves you need and most info you come across is transferred into your journal which helps you with tasks. Hidden objects are fairly clear and not dark like many are now. They also appear to be less of a hodgepodge of stuff and many items you think you need for the tasks. Have not run across a butterfly hidden object yet.
I will wait for the SE to come out or read the forum to see if the CE offers enough bonus game play to use 2 credits or the bonus credits from last month.
Bessie Mae

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jun 2, 11 10:30 AM
I didnt bother to get up early today, after I reviewed the first Love Chronicles yesterday thought another fractured frog. I demoed it and to my surprise wolahhh an item hog. I am enjoying it very much, am happy to say. Love the puzzles. I like tinkering and putting things together so this one is for me. Thanks to the producers whomever they may be and to Big Fish for bringing us this game. Im glad its refers back to the first one it keeps the storyline going. Looks like me and some other fishes are in for a good day.

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Jun 2, 11 10:34 AM
Hi everyone

This is a lovely game. The graphics are breathtaking and the music is wonderful. I especially like the cut scenes intermixed with the story, puzzles and HOG scenes throughout the demo. I played on expert mode ( which I found to be not that hard)and it took me 42 minutes to go through the demo phase of this game but I am a fast player. I thought the game was on the easier side( at least for me) and I had no trouble figuring out what to do or where to go. I thought the HOG scenes had nice variety to them. The puzzles were not too hard You will do a fair amount of running around though. The overall playability of this game is high, but I personally did not feel that challenged by it.

I enjoyed playing the demo, but I have heard this game is on the shorter side, so I am not sure if it is worthwhile to buy the CE edition for only a few more hours of playtime. I will probably wait for the SE so I feel like I get my money's worth.

My grade system:

Gameplay: B
Music: B
Graphics: A
HOG scenes: B+
Mode of Gameplay( Hard Mode?):B

My Overall Grade- B

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jun 2, 11 10:38 AM
Rebeca lily and others, I also buy a game that's enjoyable, good story, and graphics, not just length. However, I don't beleive I have bought a game that ends an hour after the demos over. But, I'm slow at playing games and try not to use the stradegy guide too much. If I'm very disappointed on a game I'll contact BF and see if it can be resolved. Enjoy your gaming

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 2, 11 11:25 AM
barbee44 wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:This is an iHOG/ADVENTURE (and not a HOPA because there are H0 scenes) and not a FROG/Adventure.

OK I know most of the acronyms but what is a HOPA? We really need a side bar telling people what these acronyms stand for. Not knowing might make a new person feel totally lost.

I have the same question and completely agree. I am not new to these games, but haven't seen all of the abbreviations either. Most of the medical abbreviations I see every day are easier to figure out. Side bar would be awesome.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 11:25:58 AM PST

Go to: