emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 13, 11 6:17 PM
First time through - no nippers. After installing the update I ran into a glitch in the bonus game again (no flute after using nippers). Uninstalled/reinstalled game, played through yet a THIRD TIME - and what do you know... After turning over all the moon/sun tokens... BASEMENT DIDN'T OPEN. This is just ridiculous. If you're going to release an update to fix glitches - then FIX THEM! I will not play this game again because I will I'm so sick of it. What a waste of CE money...

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Purplerose144 on Jun 13, 11 11:05 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Suddenly, after playing this OK for 4 times, I have the 'glitch' with the 15 card puzzle. The card 'wolf howling at the moon' is 'stuck' on the black mask!!!!

I'll play it through again later, and see if it works putting this card somewhere else.

Kel

I've got exactly the same problem with the cards evil/good One of the cards is stuck on the black mask and no way can I shift it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still running into the same problem. BFG this is not the 1st time, I've had problems with your games recently. I've got the latest computer but doesn't help when your games don't work. Very unhappy

M1S1L
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by M1S1L on Jun 14, 11 11:42 AM
I have downloaded twice and can't install. In the Big Fish Game Manager I get the error "The installer could not write files to the Game Directory location you have chosen on drive/Applications (769-1001).

Has anyone else received this error message?

[Post New]by paz2011 on Jun 14, 11 7:48 PM
I am having problems with the bonus game. There is no cat on top of the trunk, so I am completely stuck. Any fixes for this?

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 15, 11 5:13 AM
This was a brilliant game, until I got to the Bonus Chapters. I got as far as the well (just before the Tree House) and where the clue is hidden there is a big white square so I cant retrieve it!! Extremely frustrating. I paid £15.42 for this game, and if you cant fix the problem then I think I'm entitled to a small refund (diff between normal and CE), personally I want to finish the game.
I have a Mac OS X, Version 10.6.7. 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Thanks. Lesley

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Purplerose144 on Jun 15, 11 5:42 AM
Purplerose144 wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:Suddenly, after playing this OK for 4 times, I have the 'glitch' with the 15 card puzzle. The card 'wolf howling at the moon' is 'stuck' on the black mask!!!!

I'll play it through again later, and see if it works putting this card somewhere else.

Kel

I've got exactly the same problem with the cards evil/good One of the cards is stuck on the black mask and no way can I shift it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still running into the same problem. BFG this is not the 1st time, I've had problems with your games recently. I've got the latest computer but doesn't help when your games don't work. Very unhappy

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 5:45:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Purplerose144 on Jun 15, 11 5:44 AM
Update on my previous post. I uninstalled and reinstalled 2 more times, and finally got to the end of the game, now onto the bonus. What a nightmare

[Post New]by mlbaugh on Jun 16, 11 3:32 PM
Hi all,

Same problem as paz2011. The cat is nonexistent atop the trunk. I can tell it's supposed to be there from the strategy guide and the hint button (drags the mouse to the empty trunk).

Otherwise, though, I have experienced none of the video, inventory, or lagging problems others have mentioned.

Overall, this game was well worth the money - superb length, video, audio, and difficulty. Hats off to the developers.

Cheers

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 17, 11 7:17 AM
The 15 card Puzzle with the Masks

All I can say to anyone reading this BEFORE they play the game is:

Do not stack any cards onto the Black Mask (centre, right hand side) during this puzzle. If you do there is a good chance you will encounter the Technical Issue that has 'bugged' quite a few players (myself included). It did not occur for the first four times of playing the game, but did occur suddenly during play for the 5th time.

Kel

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 20, 11 5:11 AM
OK BFG enough is enough. I have given you the benefit of the doubt, uninstalled and replayed this game TWICE. I still have the white square where the cat should be. I can go no further. I would like a refund please immediately between the price of the SE and CE. EXTREMELY ANNOYED AND DISAPPOINTED.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Jun 20, 11 9:12 PM
I finished the game, and now I'm supposed to be able to play the bonus. But it won't let me. just throws me back to the last scene, I've used everything, and strategy guide says go to main menu to get to bonus, but it won't even let me go to main menu. had to use task manager to get out ! So now what? Start all over, finish the game again, and same thing happens? I paid for a CE to play the bonus, but it won't let me, therefore it's just an SE with a CE price tag?

Did this happen to anyone else?

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Jun 21, 11 8:08 AM
NaisyDaisy_XO wrote:I have gotten all the way to the end of the game and it will not allow me into the bonus game. A message just keeps popping up that says "Bonus content will be unlocked after completing the game." Really???

Same thing happened to me...last scene finished, then threw me back to collect last objects I had already used...said return to main menu to access bonus, but wouldn't let me go to main menu...had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of game, now have to start all over

[Post New]by Fortunacookie on Jun 22, 11 9:18 PM
I just finished the game and experienced the exact same issue - after the princess woke up, it threw me back to where she is still the beast, all my inventory and rose petals were gone, I could not access the main menu and I had to use the Task Manager to exit.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Jun 24, 11 9:00 AM
Fortunacookie wrote:I just finished the game and experienced the exact same issue - after the princess woke up, it threw me back to where she is still the beast, all my inventory and rose petals were gone, I could not access the main menu and I had to use the Task Manager to exit.

I went to CS via live chat and got my money back. If it gets fixed, I may download again, but not until then.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 19, 11 3:11 PM
I bought the CE version, played the entire game and what do you know, got kicked back when I saved the princess and I too cannot get into the bonus chapter. Does the new update fix this? Can anyone please tell me if I have to replay the entire game. If so then I will ask for a refund.

This game is sooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwww.

[Post New]by ADVRipper on Jul 26, 11 6:15 PM
I can play, but it is so slow. How can i fix that?

My computer:

Pentium 4 3.0 GYGA HT

Pentium 4 P800 - E DELUXE Asus

1 GB of memory DDR1.

ATI RADEON X800

Windows XP

Why this game is so slow? WHY?

[Post New]by MisterLimpet on Mar 9, 13 12:48 PM
I just ran into an issue that was noted back in 2011 by customers when I downloaded this in 2013. The game was released with the same bug 2 years later and it is a waste of another customer's time. Re:the card getting stuck on the mask when 2/3 the way through the game. It is bad enough to waste this time but to download a game that knowingly had errors from at least 2 years ago is inexcusable. Kelvarda is correct. Do not put any cards on that black mask.

[Post New]by Galaxiana on Jan 11, 14 9:57 PM
Due to a bug, I cannot continue my game.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/jOREnrZ.jpg

The cabinet "closed" after taking only 3 items, so I was never able to get the matches to light the torch. (The cabinet I'm referring to is in shown in the center of my image. Although it appears to be open, I cannot find or get the matches because the pop-up window that opened after cutting the cord binding the handles will not reopen.) You can see the unlit torch in my inventory, along with the absence of matches. (The matches should still be there if I had gotten them and not lit the torch yet.)

There are other reports of bugs like mine, where players couldn't retrieve all of the items from this cabinet, including reports right on the "Love Chronicles: Sword and Rose" forums, here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/166006.page
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/173520.page
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/170349.page (2 victims of this bug)

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the game with no luck.

This bug appears to have been around for at least 18 months, with multiple reports about it. Why haven't you guys bothered to fix it?

[Post New]by Kinna333 on Jun 27, 14 9:41 AM
In the bonus, I found the flute, but nothing's happen when I give it to the inventor ! Tried for hours... Any clue ?

Go to: