DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 5, 11 2:30 AM
Hi there sassylassie,
I complain when BFG time goes to "daylight savings" as it means an extra hour for me to wait for TGT - and it is still only 6:00pm my time.
I marvel at those of you who have the fortitude (or whatever) to not only be awake at midnight BFG time, but hang around and be involved in the forums in the wee hours of the morning!!
Cheers
PS I won't even mention how long it took me to realise that I didn't have to wait until midnight for TGT when I first joined BFG!!!

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 2:32:44 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 5, 11 2:56 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there sassylassie,
I complain when BFG time goes to "daylight savings" as it means an extra hour for me to wait for TGT - and it is still only 6:00pm my time.
I marvel at those of you who have the fortitude (or whatever) to not only be awake at midnight BFG time, but hang around and be involved in the forums in the wee hours of the morning!!
Cheers
PS I won't even mention how long it took me to realise that I didn't have to wait until midnight for TGT when I first joined BFG!!!

Hi Lady

Same here. When that happens I don't usually manage to stay awake. I usually would be falling asleep at the keyboard playing another game and waiting on it. Shadow and I seem to be the only ones so far if there's others I apologize to be awake at this time of the morning waiting to see what the game will be and then times just to find it's a tm or M3. Then when I can cry lol.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 5, 11 3:06 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Well I'm up because Sidekick keeps waking me up in the middle of the night! He seems to have a fear/hesitation about drinking water with the Ecollar on, so why not wake up Mom and have her carry me downstairs (stairs are currently not allowed because of the surgery) so I can drink from the downstairs bowl, which I am only 1/2 afraid of..................
I didn't even finish downloading this game after the reviews I saw, my oh my....
The amount of drugs this little dog has to take right now is HUGE. It takes me about 40 minutes 2x aday to get all the eye drops and pills in him. And he doesn't like the eye drops either, so I am currently wasting a lot of them all over his face.

Even so, he and I are very happy that he can SEE again. There are special moments every day that I am just amazed, and he lets me know how happy he is to see "old places/things" again, he is amazed as well it seems.

I am so hoping that he will continue to improve

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 5, 11 3:16 AM
Spiritdog, I am touched deeply of your story. God bless you, being so amiable to your dog!

With you around, Sidekick is safe and sound...

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 5, 11 4:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm going out for breakfast so I'm just stopping by to say hi & bye ...& I don't think I'll even bother downloading this game
see you later to chat
boots

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jun 5, 11 5:57 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Well I'm up because Sidekick keeps waking me up in the middle of the night! He seems to have a fear/hesitation about drinking water with the Ecollar on, so why not wake up Mom and have her carry me downstairs (stairs are currently not allowed because of the surgery) so I can drink from the downstairs bowl, which I am only 1/2 afraid of..................

I didn't even finish downloading this game after the reviews I saw, my oh my....

The amount of drugs this little dog has to take right now is HUGE. It takes me about 40 minutes 2x aday to get all the eye drops and pills in him. And he doesn't like the eye drops either, so I am currently wasting a lot of them all over his face.

Even so, he and I are very happy that he can SEE again. There are special moments every day that I am just amazed, and he lets me know how happy he is to see "old places/things" again, he is amazed as well it seems.

Hey spiritdog

If you can get your hands on peanut butter or something like it stuff the pills in a little bit of that. Sidekick will LOVE taking pills All hell breaks lose in our house when they see that spoon and everyone wants some.

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on Jun 5, 11 6:07 AM
Cursor was too herky-jerky for me.
No real control. This is the first time in years that this is a no buy for me.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 5, 11 6:17 AM
peglegann wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:Hi shadowfax, Hi DLO (if your still here?) Hi Ann - welcome back. So nice to see you again.

And Good Morning to everyone I haven't mentioned, there's a lot of new posters in Rants today, hope to meet you all in other threads.

Well, judging by the comments on this game, I think I'll download and play some more M3's!! Certainly won't be using one of my PCC's on this humbug! Bummer!

Kel

Enough of your M3's!
I got so taken up with the replies that you got yesterday, that I tried Emerald Tale and now I am hooked! I had to buy it for a chill out game!

That girl has a lot to answer for as she got me hooked on Emerald Tale last week and now I play a level here and a level and a level whenever I can ... my wrist says "thank goodness for it not having a time limit" or it wouldn't be able to play .

It sure beats todays game , think I might just go and play some more .

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 5, 11 6:33 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Peglegann & Rebeca

I never had "real" kids. I was never allowed a dog growing up. So as soon as I was "grown up" at 17, moved away, I got a GOL DANG DOG! I have had one ever since, many decades now (eww decades).

My x best friend told me years ago that I would have made a great (human) Mom by the way I treat my dogs.

They are my "kids" and I will climb mountains (of bad vetting here) to keep them safe & well.

We are entering our 4th full day of sight today. And each day we both get a little stronger, and happier.

Thank you for your well wishes!

That is really wonderful news Spiritdog, I am delighted that Sidekick is making such excellent progress .

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 5, 11 7:09 AM
Hi again ,delicious breakfast.
Well after all the reviews I definitely won't bother with this game. Will however, give Emerald Tale a go.
It's a beautiful day here after that terrible storm yesterday so I think I'll do some planting later just want it to warm up a tad first.
So pleased to see Peglegan back online
It's wonderful news about Sidekick too .
@shadow: Did you ever find out how long you would be a flounder? It would seem to me you'll have to wait 'til 2500posts (that's about 500 posts for a flounder) you're near the end, maybe I'll be waiting with bated breath now
boots

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 7:12:15 AM PST

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jun 5, 11 7:27 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Peglegann & Rebeca

I never had "real" kids. I was never allowed a dog growing up. So as soon as I was "grown up" at 17, moved away, I got a GOL DANG DOG! I have had one ever since, many decades now (eww decades).

My x best friend told me years ago that I would have made a great (human) Mom by the way I treat my dogs.

They are my "kids" and I will climb mountains (of bad vetting here) to keep them safe & well.

We are entering our 4th full day of sight today. And each day we both get a little stronger, and happier.

Thank you for your well wishes!

Love your story, spiritdog! And I'm so happy pup can see again. Amazing sometimes what we go through for our furred family. My story is a lot like yours, except that I grew up with pets (who were always allowed to sleep in our beds with us). When I left home it was to live in a college dorm, no pets allowed, but I must have had "seperation anxiety" because I couldn't stand not having a pet. So I cheated and bought a male hamster who lived in his cage in my closet. Worked fine until he had a littler of babies! Beware, ALL hamsters are pregnant females!!

Good luck to you and the pup!

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jun 5, 11 8:11 AM

Wow, what an amazing story - I'm soooo very happy for you and your baby - I was gonna rant, but almost everything pales compared to your amazing story of renewed sight.

K gonna rant a bit- Seems I only had 1 min to test TGT 4 some reason - after reading all the reviews tho, gonna just delete it.

Welcome back Ann - was really getting into your modem soap opera - maybe u could make something up just to continue to amuse (not amused u didnt have access, but U r such gr8 entertainment when u rant)

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 8:11:56 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 5, 11 8:47 AM
Hello all.

Lovely news Spiritdog

I find a pill pushed into a bit of sausage works quite well with cats & dogs LOL.

I was so hoping for a game to jump off the page & bite me today, oh well. At least I am ploughing ( literally ) through Joy of farming LOL.

Maybe tomorrow.

Catch you later fishes

Jojo

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Jun 5, 11 8:59 AM
After reading all the reviews, I too will pass today. Spiritdog so very happy for you and Sidekick. I have found that whipped creme cheese works really well to press pills into and dogs love it. It's already soft and pliable. Great days for everyone.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jun 5, 11 9:01 AM
Always a sneaky way to give a dog a pill is to wait till its your dinner time then add it to a bit of what your eating...dogs love knicking off your plate lol

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 5, 11 9:03 AM
After this terrible game I bought Heroes of Hellas2, I love it and I love the first one too. Well, I can play and I am happy!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 5, 11 1:39 PM
Good afternoon Spiritdog!! This all sounds like such great news and great progress. The fact that Sidekick was bouncing around want to say hello to another dog tells us that he is feeling good! I use pill pockets to give my dogs pills. They are made by the company that makes those Greenies chews. They seem expensive, but you only need a piece of pill pocket big enough to wrap around the pill you are giving.There is no way that they can eat that and extract the pill and spit it out too. They are beef flavor and the dogs eat them happily not ever knowing there is a pill wrapped in there! These are soft and pliable, so you just tear off a piece you need and squeeze it around the pill and Voila!! Wishing you continued luck on the progress and hang in there Hunter, things will be back to normal soon!! Hugs!!

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 5, 11 5:36 PM
Wow I don't think I saw anything good about this game. I saw the title in the daily game splash and knew I would give it a try. So glad I read the forum. If this many people hate it I know I won't like it.

Spur1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Spur1 on Jun 5, 11 5:46 PM
I test drove this one and I have to say I will not be buying it. It has way to much conversation in it...I want to play not read. Some of the hidden object scenes you could not tell what was what. I actually quit after about 20 or 30 minutes. I would be weary of this game. Sorry...most of the games I like, this one was a huge disappointment.

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Blackstaff on Jun 5, 11 5:58 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:Now any tips on eye drop giving I would love! I've tried the hot dog incentive to no avail. He has to take 5 different eye drops 2x a day (1 is 4x a day), and they have to be given with at least a 5 minute wait in between. That adds up, time wise. He does a lot of head turning, he doesn't want the drops, especially the right eye.
Awww...so sorry to hear about puppy troubles.

Try wrapping him in a large warm fluffy towel, basically securing his legs so he can't kick/fight. Either lay down with him, with your head next to his head, and holding him gently but firmly in position with arms/towel - or have someone else doing this.
Talk to him - coo at him really - and reach over to firmly but gently hold the snout still while gently touching the eye area to prepare it for the drops.

You should just practice that process like three or four times, each time with lots of praise and followed with a treat. That way love, cuddles, and yummies are associated without pain or discomfort or anxiety.

Then give it a try when it's time to medicate. Don't let him see the dropper/bottle though, instead keep it low and close to the head and out of the line of sight - it will immediately cause anxiety - and quickly apply the drops. Follow that up with cuddle, praise, and treats - just like before, and see if this helps with lowering his anxiety and your worry/frustration.

Good luck!

Go to: