Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
645 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tundei on Jun 10, 11 10:19 AM
I hate the voice overs, sound too old for the caracters, and the accent is way overdone, just annoying. I'm not sure if I'll buy, waiting for a good CE to spend my credits on.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,596 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 10, 11 11:22 AM
THANKS for the reviews....

I think IMO that paying for a CE and that last for over 5-7 hrs ( depends on the player speed ) is WORTH the PRICE
COMPARE it to a 120 min MOVIE you go and see..Last one I was at cost me & DH over $22.00 and that is with out the treats...

So, at home NO $$ for gas and a ticket + popcorn & drinks IS IS CHEAPER!!
I am on a fixed income like so many others are too.

Just had to give my 2 cents ( can't find a cent icon )
OFF to DEMO....

Happy Gaming
PEN

dancemom1
Clownfish
Clownfish
832 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 10, 11 1:35 PM
Dracula stories don't bother me. As I have said many times before, I play for the game and not necessarily for the story. That said...nice grahics, I like to click through the dialogue (as I read faster than they change). You can change the cursor to the good ole standard, which I much prefer. HOG's not difficult to find. Games are a bit different, but not difficult so far. The storyline is the same old, same old story, with a bit of a twist. With this type of game, I think someone is always going to be looking for someone...what else can they do? Anyway, I liked it. I will think about purchasing another CE though. Seems that's all there has been lately.

However, I have 4 game credits I have to get used up very soon and am hoping we have SE games worth buying. I'm not happy about the prospect of maybe losing my credits because there isn't a game worth using them on. Is BF paying attention!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 10, 11 2:03 PM
I should learn to be patient then I'm sure I would have loved the SE. I'm quite disappointed. More or less the same thing to do in each location, graphics are not bad, Dracula's voice dreadful. I thought a vampire had some kind of a sense of honour, Dracula seems to have none. The funny thing was to get awards, drink vials of blood and bite pretty young girls when you got really frustrated by the game.
Though taking place during the night the H0 scenes were bright and clear but you could still feel that it was night. First time I didn't think "oh ! NO" when I was asked to look for a feather. They were beautifully drawed and you could spot them without going half blind. Some mini games were quite easy and some a bit more tricky (did skip a few of them). The story is quite silly, you don't believe one second you can achieve so easily what you're supposed to do and defeat powerful people just by snapping your fingers while they quietly wait to be killed. It's an OK game but nothing to go about it. Quite disappointed, was glad when the game was over. One good thing : you can replay H0 scenes in the extras, or the mini games you've skipped. Dying for Daylight was a fun, imaginative, a good vampire game, not this one.

steve_san
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jun 10, 11 3:19 PM
I too liked Dying for Daylight, but this game lacks that one's clever dialog and interesting characters and story. The drawing and artwork in this game are absolutely top-notch. However, I found the hidden objects scenes were too easy (about a 4 on a scale of 1-10) as were the puzzles, and the voice dialog was just dreadful. In my opinion, it is worth purchasing as an SE due to the length and artwork, but not as a CE.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 10, 11 7:37 PM
This game was fine, not great. Won't buy the CE, probably not the SE either. The cursor was clumsy and the game not too interesting. The mini games were annoying. I don't mind the vampire storyline. Just boring.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 10, 11 8:30 PM

As I said in an earlier post, I don't usually demo the vampire games just because I find the story line odd. After all the fuss and the many positive comments about the game play, I decided to demo the game tonight.

I have to say I didn't like the story: as with most vampire stories, the drinking blood/eternal life in death thing always strikes me as weird. I did like the choice of being a politically correct vampire and picking up vials of blood rather than turning the other characters into vampires. IMHO, however, this game had too much blah-blah. I realize it's a sequel, but I could have done without most of the information.

I thought the game play was okay--a couple of the mini-games were fun, like the one to get into the crypt of the knights (it took me a minute to figure out what I was supposed to do) and the spider web one (I always love that kind of mini-games). But overall the game was quite linear and you are told what you are supposed to be doing, and I prefer games that are less linear and more exploratory.

I'm not going to buy the game (either in CE and probably not in SE) because I just didn't have that "gotta find out what's going on" feeling.

Thanks to all the fishes for their reviews and comments, and happy gaming for those of you who really liked the game!

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jun 10, 11 11:16 PM
I loved Dracula Origin...This is a regrettable purchase for me. A huge trade-offf in terms of interest in the game, suspense, dialogue and voice overs. The characters have become caricatures. And the dialogue is sub-par in my estimation.
Except for the graphics, nothing else "works" in this game as either story or gameplay.

I'm slogging through with little enjoyment in order justify the outlay of cash.

Except for the graphics, this is a game with little to recommend it beyond collecting blood--but even then, the game does not have the wit or delectable charm of Love and Death: Bitten (which I truly enjoyed).

(I also loved The Silver Earring and The Awakened by the same developer. I wasn't very keen on the Hound of the Baskervilles, but this game is, in my opinion, not even as good as that was).

I'm sorry that in an attempt to recreate the atmosphere of previous games (in this case Dracula Origin), the developer could not live up to its original promise, much less surpass it.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
327 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 11, 11 1:03 AM
Well, finished the game in hard mode, and still have yet to play the extra level. The game actually turned out better then I thought it would, based upon the demo alone. At first, I was not even sure it was worthy of CE price, but after I used 2 game credits for it, and played longer, I found it was. You definitely get hours of game play in this one.

Graphics were so so in my opinion... beautiful, yet a little lacking in detail or something for me. I really enjoyed the story, and the voice overs I thought were superb... all different, & befitting their characters (very similar to the old movies, if anyone can remember that far back :-) Igor, was my favorite comical character! LOL, and the mini games really unique and enjoyable to play.

I actually did not allow Dracula to kill (via bite) off any of the characters along the way, except the queen in the end. Wondering what happens if he did? I figured he would have gotten trapped, or defeated ending the game prematurely, so I did not want to take the chance. I will have to replay another time differently and see.

There are plenty of HOG scenes to keep us HOG fans interested, but I must say, that even in hard mode, I did not find the game difficult at all. Still however, a cleverly put together game. I managed to obtain several awards along the way, but still some left. Perhaps we gain more in the extra level? Will see how the extra level plays out tomorrow. Seems like Dracula turns into a good guy helping to defeat the evil? Maybe not in the extra level... again, will have to see how the extra levels ends.

So for me, although not as good as previous versions of Dracula games, it is still a thumbs up.

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 1:16:23 AM PST

[Post New]by PrettyBlueEyes78 on Jun 11, 11 1:19 AM
laraly wrote:I am agree with some fishes whom draw the lines to this type of game, it's not a matter of vampires itself, but certanly I don't feel to launch an arrow to a crucifix to open a cabinet in the London's location, that's going too far and it's offensive toward Jesus himself and those who believes in him,

First off, I should start by letting everyone know I am a devout Catholic (born and raised). I wasn't offended by this game at all. Why? Because it's a GAME. I suppose what laraly wrote is considered a spoiler right? Well since the cat is out of the bag, here goes.. Number 1, he does NOT shoot the Crucifix. The Crucifix is attached to beads (perhaps a rosary)? He shoots the nail holding the Crucifix and the Crucifix slides unharmed down the rope to the window. I'm no fan of religion bashing, and as far as I am concerned Jesus (and all the other big names in the Bible) are off limits. I also get really annoyed when people presume to tell others about what Jesus likes or dislikes, and what offends him. Last I checked NO one plays shrink to Jesus so don't preach. Again, I did not find this game offensive. And I really think only the most sensitive of folks will find it offensive. With that said, let's get down to the actual review part.
Not only was I not offended by the game, I actually loved it. Igor's voice was horrible, but that's because it's igor. He's always ugly, always sounds horrible, and is ALWAYS dumb as a stump. In terms of the actual voice acting, I thought it was pretty good. I have definitely heard worse.
Graphics were very crisp and clear on my computer. And this game actually filled my widescreen without blurring the images, or warping them.
I was able to tell what everything was in the **** scenes too. No migraine inducing mini items.
The music was pretty good imo. I actually listened to the clips in the extras because I kept my volume down during most of my time playing (didn't want to disturb anyone).
One thing I really loved about the game was that I didn't feel like every turn I took involved a **** scene. There was plenty of exploring to do, and objects to stumble across.
There were a bunch of different mini games too. All in all I give 5 's

[Post New]by PrettyBlueEyes78 on Jun 11, 11 1:27 AM
1 More thing. I want to apologize in advance to anyone I may have offended (laraly in particular). I know there are some sensitive fishies here, and that's fine. I guess I might even be considered sensitive myself with what gets my goat. Different people have different opinions, and to each his own. Far be it from me to deny anyone their right to an opinion. I also don't expect everyone to agree with mine. Anyway, 1 more for the devs and BFG for giving us the chance to play this game. I really enjoyed it. Happy gaming fishies!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 11, 11 5:02 AM
Good review, Blue.

We've all got things that bother us but we all don't have the urge to chastise the rest of the membership for not sharing our grievance. I think THAT'S what bugs me the most.

Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roocat on Jun 11, 11 6:30 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/164537.page">here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy posting!

[Post New]by roocat on Jun 11, 11 6:32 AM
I did not like this game. Dialog very stilted.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jun 11, 11 5:51 PM
Good game. How you play the game (choices) determines the ending and I don't wanna know, want to find out for myself . . . . . thank you! i find it intriguing, mysterious and selective. I am feeling weak . . . . . . :must go now . . . . .

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jun 11, 11 7:00 PM
I am not in love with this game. For my taste, it is far to heavy on mini games and too short on adventure. I also found the game rather slow and plodding. I also do not like being awarded for playing as quickly as I can. If I am paying for a game, I like to take my time and enjoy it. Rushing through to see if I can finish in 5 hours does not appeal to me although, there is no law that I have to pay any attention to finishing in a certain amount of time. This is a no buy for me.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Jun 12, 11 1:10 AM
I enjoyed the demo and am considering buying the game. I enjoyed the graphic and the tedious click for the H.O.G. parts

I probably will wait for SE.

P.S. - This will probably insult a few readers. I apologize in advance. Can we agree to leave religious or cultural biases out of our reviews (especially for people who have done this for awhile)? There are many reasons why I don't like certain games. I consider my opinion strong and justified with beliefs and faith to back them. I don't, however, think that this is the place for such debate. You can say you don't like a game (Gran said 'for personal reasons'...enough said). Religion aside, pointing out that the voices are hard to understand because "a mix of indian and maybe estern something" was not only incorrect (Dracula was not Indian) but biased. I am a game addict and I bury myself in games and game discussion to run away from a world of judgement and separatist. I hope I don't continue to see this type of comments here ever again.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 1:33:14 AM PST

goldens
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 12, 11 7:44 AM
I am quite mixed on this game. I did purchase it, but personally feel it wasn't up to par with other CE choices. The graphics are beautiful, but there is way too much dialog for my taste plus the voices weren't appealing to me. I decided to play in the hard mode because it mentioned that the puzzles would be more difficult. So happy I chose that mode of play because the puzzles were not overly challanging. Not sure what was offered in the easy mode.
I chose to have Dracula bite his first victim, but then chose to be gracious to the rest since this option seemed to offer an additional ****.
I'm just happy to have had a decent game to play. In 4 years this has been the first time that I have not had a stockpile of games to play.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jun 12, 11 12:34 PM
I can't believe I broke my "no CE's" rule for this game. It's not a bad game, I would have been happy to play it as a SE but I really should have waited.

The Good
*Gorgeous clear graphics.
*Terrific VO and acting
*Decent story
*Beautiful soundtrack
*H0 scenes that are fun, not tedious.
* Good variety and amount of mini games
*Long (5.5 hours for the main story with no hints or SG)
*Different outcomes promised for different actions (not sure if that's actually the case, can't bring myself to play through twice but it was an intriguing development.)

The Bad
No original mini-games
Even on hard, the game is far too easy
Inventory puzzles are uninspired. No thinking needed, just use whatever is in the room.

The Ugly
A bait and switch. The first chapter promises an involved H0/adventure like their previous game (Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles) by the last chapter, it feels like a rush job.

The first chapter has complicated inventory puzzles (items scattered throughout the scene or picked up in one scene and then used to get another item used elsewhere) multiple scenes, and the goal is to pick up the pieces for one shield. The second chapter has fewer scenes, inventory puzzles get more simple. By the third chapter, you're stuck in one or two scenes, using inventory items found in H0 scenes, not the environment. Need a key - get in the H0. use the key then another H0 for the next piece. It became boring and tedious. Also the shields promise 6 chapters but the last two are crammed together and very short.

The extra gameplay goes back to the formula of the first chapter and is actually a bit better than the game itself. But it's only about 45 minutes of gameplay. Not worth paying double. Especially for a game that quit trying in chapter 2.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 12:39:36 PM PST

[Post New]by were_witch on Jun 12, 11 12:59 PM
[b]Like the scenery and game! Also thought that the "certain actions have consequences" aspect was a nice twist. The accents can get a little tedious but I still like it! I give it a solid 3 fins outta 5!

Go to: