growlybear1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse

[Post New]by growlybear1 on Jun 29, 11 3:43 PM
I'm not sure how to post a question, hope this works.
I'm stuck in the town. How do I send the dragon down the well? My task list says to feed the dragon, what do I feed it?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 30, 11 12:54 PM
growlybear1 wrote:I'm not sure how to post a question, hope this works.
I'm stuck in the town. How do I send the dragon down the well? My task list says to feed the dragon, what do I feed it?

Hi growlybear - I've answered your other post

Kel

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 3, 11 4:07 PM
Just finished the game and really liked it. Lots of gorgeous, high-res locations and fun puzzles. The first game was set entirely in the castle, so I appreciated that in the sequel you got to venture out into the world.

The map was very useful for quickly seeing which locations still have stuff that needs to be done and as a shortcut for travelling. I got stuck a couple of times, usually missing a gem or something, but the hints put me quickly back on track.

The only thing I found annoying was that the messages when you click on things don't show up immediately on clicking. You have to mouse over the top of the screen, then the message drops down. I didn't even know that messages were appearing at first, I was just clicking on things that had the ? pointer and hearing sounds but nothing seemed to happen.

Surprisingly, it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the game. I wish they had kept some of the arcade-style minigames from the first game, but really, a very nice sequel!

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Jul 12, 11 1:55 AM
Kill the fairy Kill the fairy Kill the fairy Kill the fairy Kill the fairy Kill the fairy Kill the fairy PLEEEEASE someone kill the fairy! This game would be a lot more fun if that annoying tinker bell wannabe would stop flying across the screen all the time. At least they let us turn off the voice acting. The art was good but the plot needs a serious over haul. Maybe the next one will be better.

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Missing story

[Post New]by pomconfi on Jul 22, 11 4:21 AM
Hello everybody,
Just wanted to share my feelings.
the game is great of course... no doubt! beautiful world, nice characters, enough magic :-) etc.

Just one thing... which is very frustrating . when you play the game you feel like the story isn't finished or something wrong. you have questions. why Princess married bastard Prince etc... and many unanswered questions which brake the mystery of the world.
the truth is - creators cut big part of the game - where you actually have all explanations about the Prince, dragon etc... and give it ONLY in collector edition.

basically we all know that collector's editions give us additional play after play or some other bonuses. but not in this case. in that case collector's edition is actually THE game
and there's nowhere written that if we want to have full story we have to buy collector edition..
that is actually frustrating. because I haven't seen the collector edition and I had no idea that story is actually weirdly cut. and one of the main pieces is ONLY for collectors.
I bought at first this game and then when I realize that... I had to buy collector edition.... waste of money and frustration....
at least they should say something in description...

voila :-)

derekthedj
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Missing story

[Post New]by derekthedj on Aug 2, 11 11:39 PM
pomconfi wrote:
the truth is - creators cut big part of the game - where you actually have all explanations about the Prince, dragon etc... and give it ONLY in collector edition.

basically we all know that collector's editions give us additional play after play or some other bonuses. but not in this case. in that case collector's edition is actually THE game

Wow, is this true? I have a credit I need to use and was considering this because I liked the first game. Not if the standard edition is incomplete, though.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews on Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Aug 4, 11 9:34 AM
The standard edition sure seemed complete to me. Apparently the CE, in addition to additional scenes and gameplay, also has some additional expository text spelling out things that seemed pretty dang obvious to me in the SE. I would recommend either edition. The CE contains enough bonus material to be worth the additional cost, but the SE (my choice due to budget) is a full, complete game with much more than the run-of-the-mill BFG game. Some people have complained about the ending of the SE because it is all visual without any expository text, but anyone who has ever watched a cinema should be able to figure it out. Remember that if you buy the SE and find yourself wanting more, you can buy the CE and get your money back for the SE.

[Post New]by Webpaige333 on Aug 17, 11 4:48 AM
Does anyone know if Princess Isabella: Return of the Witch's Curse will be available for IPad anytime soon? I discovered the first installment on my IPad and loved it!

Thanks, Paiger

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 17, 11 4:59 AM
hi paiger

I don't know the answer to your question but if you paste this link into your browser it will take you to a thread where gamers on iPads chat

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142860.page

[Post New]by Webpaige333 on Aug 20, 11 6:03 AM
Thanks SeaBamboo!

[Post New]by Webpaige333 on Aug 20, 11 1:27 PM
Thanks SeaBamboo!

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Aug 22, 11 2:44 PM
I have to ditto a lot of the positive things said about the game, but because I have a lot of credits to use I never bought the CS (wish I had). To me the ending was very abrupt. To me that was the only let down

Kudos to the developers. I also think that they have left an opening for another game

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 2:46:11 PM PST

[Post New]by charliehenry on Sep 4, 11 11:43 AM
Hi All. Down to the final seconds and CANNOT find the 12th Stone for the life of me. I have looked at the locations and I seem to have cleared them all. Any hints. PLEASE-ps love the game

Charliehenry

[Post New]by Dirtfroggy on Sep 4, 11 4:11 PM
Loved, loved, loved this game! One of my favorite games by far from Big Fish! I have been on Big Fish Games for several years and I loved this one and the original Princess Isabella game. The minigames were perfect for me. I only had to go to the walkthrough one time for a game

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

[Post New]by Chaorite on Sep 17, 11 10:47 AM
I actually really liked this game. The game was of good length although ended a little abruptly.

The puzzles were easy enough to solve once you thought about them but there was no simple explanation given to tell you what to do and sometimes that was an issue.

For example, the puppet on the door to the toy shop. If you observed the sign closely enough (get up close to your screen because you cannot zoom in) then you knew what you were trying to recreate on the door. The book however has no pictures to give you a clear reminder.

I found the most enjoyable challenge to be that of hunting for all the items I needed. Quite apart from the HOG scenes, there were numerous items to collect via the fairy's abilities and later, the dragon's. Finding them all was the REAL challenge.

Thank god they also muted the fairy. No more annoying "Yay!". Truly, in the first game she was absolutely getting on my wick!

What I most dearly loved about this game was the scene where the troll died. I won't spoil it for you but you simply MUST click on the river first before you pay the troll. Then you'll truly appreciate what you see next. Just inspired!!!! lol

Enjoy! I was glad I got this one.

[Post New]by christabel112 on Sep 27, 11 8:59 PM
[b]Admittedly, one of the very best games I've played on Bigfish...it was *missing* nothing, and for once (as it true with most, really). The developers way *upped* themselves from even their enjoyable first game in this series...way upped, actually. Outright classy, even. Just the right mix of everything. I'm even amazed at how well everything was done.

Could have been just a bit longer...but length wouldn't be worth giving up a really *seamless* play. Love the dragon! . Had to guess and *work* just the right amount thoughout the game, but at least mostly could guess right because things were predictable enough to find my way...and yet, there was plentiful enough mystery and sense of exploring, too.

Congrats developers! You did really good on this one!!!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 6, 12 4:30 AM
Princes Isabella series is one of the most beautiful fantasy world games in BF I love them and will like to see them coming.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Feb 11, 12 1:59 PM
what a fab well done bfg. game graphics are colourful, lots to do, sound effect great although i found the baby crying quite distressing.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 4, 12 11:14 PM
krissywillow wrote:I played about 10 mins and couldn't stand it. Annoying fairy!!!! Even w/ voice turned off, her constant, "princess do this! Princess do that!" was irritating and worst of all was the way she follows the cursor around when you do things.

Way too cutesy and irritating.

Exactly! The fairy is driving me crazy! In fact, the airy-fairyness of the game in total is to me as irritating as a pebble in my shoe. No, worse. It's fingernails on a blackboard. After 3 minutes of that little twittering gnat, I knew it would not be a game for me.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 11:20:33 PM PST

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Jan 19, 13 7:08 PM
This game was so beautiful as far as graphics and I am still shaking my head at how so much of it annoyed me so badly that I quit the demo at 45 minutes and uninstalled it...NO BUY even at half price!

Yes to all who mentioned that hyper little fairy who is darting all over the place constantly. WHen I'd use a 'hint' I didn't know if she was showing me a hint or still darting around, but most of the hints were utterly worthless. Darting over to the active area in the scene is not a hint, or helpful.

I usually give the voice overs a chance but am amazed at how impossible it seems to find people who actually speak like we talk...not in some slooooowwwwww, dragged out simplistic way as if we are all 5 year olds. Not with some over the top, hammy, bad acting. I think I have 3 games where I'd say the voice overs were wonderful. So anyway the first thing to be turned off was these voice overs.

Then the haunting music that I had hope for quickly turned into a repetitive, depressing drone, so that got turned off.

Then I got major sick of the little sound you got when you clicked anywhere, zing! zing! zing zing zing. It got so where I wouldnt even click just to see what would happen because I could not take the zing! It was like chinese water torure. So, then the sounds went off.

Lastly the constant CONSTANT drop down dialogue of this annoying fairy making some inane comment every 4 seconds (Princess! Oh look a bug is in the way! Princess! We have to get rid of it Princess! !). Or continually telling you what you already see/know or it would be fun just to figure out on your own (yeah I know the lock needs a key. Princess!!! )

Then I got annoyed that everything I clicked on told me I didn't have the "ability" to do anything yet.

So I found myself playing a game with sounds off, music off, FX sounds off zingzingzingzing! and trying to ignore the fairy while clicking away the dialogue boxes so I could actually get into some sort of game.

Whats the point? A beatifully pretty game ruined by well.....the game.

Go to: