grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Post any Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jun 24, 11 11:28 AM
I am at the tree crossing....trying to get the 5th leaf. According to the walkthroughs (I checked a couple of them), I should be able to use the diamond to crack open the bottom of the tree on the left. It won't highlite and the fairy must have a migrane from all of my attempts. There is just nothing there. So, now what? I guess I'll have to start over and see if it is still a problem.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 24, 11 6:32 PM
You used a potion to grow the rose seeds to get past the trees. It was probably your last one. Have you completely cleared the fairy village? When you do that you'll get another that you can use on the dragon egg.

If you got the potion from the fairy village, be sure to scroll through your inventory using the left or right arrows. You may have the potion but it isn't visible at the bottom of the screen.

If your inventory scroll arrows have disappeared as some people's have you may have a technical issue. However, you can work around it by using as many as you can of the inventory items that are visible.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 25, 11 2:17 PM
grandmab,

A few times my fairy just wouldn't break open something no matter how hard I tried. I backed out of the scene, returned, and then she was fine. I hope that works for you.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jun 25, 11 4:55 PM
cbellcrm:

Thanks for trying to help, but the problem is that I cannot get the tree trunk, or whatever in that area to crack and give me the last leaf.....which I need to finish fixing the water wheel in the fairy village. I tried going back and forth many times and nothing helped. So, now I'm going to start all over with a new player name and hope that this time it works.

I just went back and replayed it under a new identity.....Apparently, the jar at the base of the tree on the left, which held the 5th leaf, wasn't there the first time around...so that's why all the banging on the base of the tree didn't work. Thanks anyway for your help.

Edited on 06/25/2011 at 7:46:32 PM PST

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Jul 3, 11 3:09 AM
I bought this game, when it first came out in its CE format. During my demo trial period then, I had no problems, so was stunned when I developed an enormous number of serious technical problems, that kept me from being able to move forward with the game. As there were dozens of other BFG gamers, like myself, who were having countless major tech problems with the game, the Gogii staff stated they would create a "re-do" of the game. However, to my knowledge, thus far, the Gogii staff have only done one small game "fix", that focused on just a few, minor appearance/aesthetics issues, not genuine tech problems. I got my money back from the BFG Customer Service staff, as my game was unplayable and they had no way of knowing if/when it would ever be playable.

So, now that the SE is available, I decided to demo trial it, to see if it was something I would be willing to purchase now. The answer is - no way! The speed of the game has slowed down to a crawl, so that it takes minutes to move from one screen image to the next, instead of the few seconds that it SHOULD take. I can see a number of small scenery changes that have been made, but this demo took SO LONG to load and play, I only got through about 2/3rds of the amount of the game I was able to play during my CE game demo trial period.

Thus, I have no way of knowing if the numerous major technical glitches still remain there, or if they have finally cleaned them up. Since I'm out of demo trial periods, for both the CE and the SE versions of the game, and I refuse to BUY a game, until I feel satisfied that the game doesn't have any significant technical flaws in it, I won't be adding this game to my game library now, or probably, ever. It's already taken up far too much of my time and energy, thus far, and the poorly designed "new" Walkthrough doesn't give me much hope that any quality repairs will be made to the numerous technical glitches this game has had, from the start. Oh well! It's a good thing I have plenty of other satisfying ways to use that money!

yodastar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by yodastar on Jul 11, 11 6:53 AM
I am new on the computer and bought this game. I played it once and want my friend to play it but in the first scene in the nursury, the ring goes on the trunk but the ring won't turn at all. I have windows 7 and your instructions to fix this problem are too complicated for me to follow. I am a senior citizen. Michele Burkett at mjburkett@mrtc.com. Thanks for any help you can give me. I tried to cancel out the game and reinstall it but it does no good.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Aug 14, 11 5:02 PM
I am about 1/2 way through the game and now it continuously pauses itself without prompting. approximately every 20-30 seconds. Very frustrating!

[Post New]by bbteepee on Aug 31, 11 8:17 PM
I am having a problem in the game. I have gotten to the Dwarfs House and there is something sparkling on the side of the screen where its black. I have the screen in Full Screen Mode but the screen has black strips on the sides still and that is where the sparkle is coming from. Every time I press hint the dragon goes to where the sparkle is but when it does this I can't see the dragon. When I try to click whats there my mouse dissapears and nothing is happening. My task right now is to light the hair on the tower on fire in the screen just before the Dwarfs house. I am not sure what to do and why I can't see what the sparkle is and get to it. There is nothing else that I am able to do to continue on in the game at this point. I have also already uninstalled and re-installed the game but it didn't help.

[Post New]by oOoMERMAIDMOMoOo on Sep 2, 11 11:47 PM

Hello Big Fish Pond...
This MermaidMom is beyond bummed.... I bought Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse C.E. (which is a real treat for me, as I have only bought 3 out of my 60+ SE games) because the first game was such an amazing experience, only to have incurred a serious problem on the final level...I got all the way to the Witches Castle, through the first 2 mirrors/portals, only to be JIPPED by a GLITCH-I did not receive the PINK CRYSTAL BALL after completing the tasks, I cannot enter the pink portal (or any for that matter) nor can I advance in the game in any way. <sniff sniff> My email to the technical department (after scouring the site/forums/guides/etc includes a screenshot that I wish I could share here-my mirror is a dull reflection, no character, no crystal ball or ANYTHING that I can use to access ANY of the remaining mirrors, and break free their reflection from PURRRRRE EVILLLLLLLLLLL. Okay, dramatic, I know, but I have to humor myself at this point, because I have already been through the other steps-confusion, frustration, anger, resentment, insomnia, acceptance, LOL jk..... <sigh> I would have loved to find out what happens, but I must admit I did read EVERY SINGLE ANYTHING ala Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse....
I am just waiting patiently for a reply from the Tech Support Department. I really need closure on this, ya know? Ever happen to anyone else? I asked kindly for a recommendation from them for another game, similar in platform/story, but I am already certain it would be difficult to even imagine another game as good as the Princess Isabella titles....Quality programming/story line/graphics/sounds & music/game play/bonus features & content/etc.
Please PM if you have made it this far, and care to share your favorite HOG/Adventure/Strategy games on BFG, I would greatly appreciate it! Or, my dedicated email for ALL THINGS Felix is GaGaFORGames@gmail.com....

Thanks for reading my sob-story, fellow fishies!

[Post New]by klgonzalez on Sep 24, 11 6:43 PM
I played the demo and decided i liked the game so i bought and downlaoded the full version, however when i went back in to start playing again the game freezes at the hatching of the dragon, everytime. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, and the same thing happens, set up a new profile.... same thing happens for some reason it wont let me feed the dragon without the screen going black except for a square in the middle of the screen that just turns grey...?? please help

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Sep 25, 11 3:17 AM
kigonzalez

It sounds like you have a real technical issue. My suggestion is:

1) reboot your computer

2) If that doesn't solve the problem, click on the green envelope to your right. BFG's customer support can probably help.

valharms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by valharms on Oct 2, 11 4:28 PM
My game jumped from portal in the claw at the witches' castle directly to the final cut scene. Missed about the last 25% of the game.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Oct 2, 11 6:44 PM
The game is supposed to go from the portal at the claw to the final duel with the witch and then to the cut scene. If you are missing the final duel, you have a technical issue. If you were expecting about 13 scenes of gameplay between the claw and the final duel, then you are looking at something related to the Collector's Edition. Those scenes are the bonus gameplay that are not included in the Standard Edition. There is a thread in this forum discussing the inaccurate walkthrough and what is and is not included in the SE.

[Post New]by Whazupp on Oct 5, 11 10:56 PM
my issue is i went to all the places mentioned in the cheats to pick up the green stones have 7 of them not able to find the 8 th one or it didnt register it in my game
any ideas

[Post New]by SerenityTsuki25 on Jan 17, 12 5:15 PM
Does anyone know if I already perchese a game (this one to be exact) could I go back and get a back up disc sent to me?

PLEASE SOMEONE!! This game looks so good and I have the first! I'm dying to see what happens to the princess' family!!

[Post New]by Kayj270344 on Dec 23, 12 1:52 PM
Moving the schematics over the plan of the castle. They won't move around. Stuck I've tried everything. Please help

[Post New]by dijon725 on Jan 6, 13 7:36 PM
Each time I try to access support/game forums from within the game, the game crashes...talk about frustrating! It happens both from the home page ( before I even start gameplay) and also when I try during the game. I've also had it crash a couple of times during the game, notably when I was saving the prince and cleaning the mirror. The only way I got to the forums page was closing the game and accessing via a browser.

[Post New]by puppylover474 on Jan 9, 13 9:39 PM
I am at the tree ready to free the prince but can't get the crystals to work. I also can't move to another place,use the menu, or close the game. The dragon and fairy seem to work. Help!,

[Post New]by McCutie72 on Jan 9, 13 10:37 PM
Princess Isabella has me stuck between receiving a gold stone for the fairy to have fire ability and getting the last green gem to free the Dwarf...what to do? There's nothing more for me to do...I've tried it twice to make it wasn't human error. There's no golden coal on the stove in the Dwarf's kitchen, instead it as if the dwarf gave me something? No...because I can't find the last green gem to free him.

Did I miss a step or is this a defect?

jenn

[Post New]by Catminder on Jan 23, 13 10:25 AM
Hi. I'm enjoying the game but every area I've been in says area cleared and yet I'm short one black gem. What do I do? Thank you

Go to: