jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Jul 2, 11 5:07 PM
I did have the same slow problems as everyone else, but stuck it out because I really enjoyed the game. Here's the weird thing...once you get to the ship (If you haven't gotten there yet, it's coming), it played perfectly! Went quickly from scene to scene, no dragging cursor, no waiting, waiting waiting, but as soon as I left the ship area, back to same old problems (including bonus features). Didn't crash again (happened twice at Gio's store) but slow to load. Uninstalling this one, & if they come out with a fix, maybe I'll play bonus game, but really disappointed that the developers/BF never addressed the issues we all have been having. They are coming out with a sequel to Redemption Cemetary (one of my absolute favorites!), but now am worried that it may have same bugs because they are just pushing them out too fast & not really testing them...Hope I'm wrong. Happy Gaming!

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by beth2767 on Jul 3, 11 11:44 AM
nwr1948x wrote:Why is it always ERS games that run slowly and "stickily" on my computer ? I know other fishies have the same problem with this devs games,but we never get a real answer.I love ERS but hate having to wait for scenes to change etc.

Yes, same here just not playing well, not smooth or freeflowing. It is very frustrating.

[Post New]by beth2767 on Jul 3, 11 11:46 AM
jaybird3939 wrote:I did have the same slow problems as everyone else, but stuck it out because I really enjoyed the game. Here's the weird thing...once you get to the ship (If you haven't gotten there yet, it's coming), it played perfectly! Went quickly from scene to scene, no dragging cursor, no waiting, waiting waiting, but as soon as I left the ship area, back to same old problems (including bonus features). Didn't crash again (happened twice at Gio's store) but slow to load. Uninstalling this one, & if they come out with a fix, maybe I'll play bonus game, but really disappointed that the developers/BF never addressed the issues we all have been having. They are coming out with a sequel to Redemption Cemetary (one of my absolute favorites!), but now am worried that it may have same bugs because they are just pushing them out too fast & not really testing them...Hope I'm wrong. Happy Gaming!

Yes, same here just not playing well, not smooth or freeflowing. It is very frustrating.

Roice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Roice on Jul 3, 11 3:36 PM
This game loaded perfect and in good time. After it started though I got a white screen, I could still hear the voice but no picture. I will try to uninstall and reinstall to make my decision if I buy or not.

Roice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Roice on Jul 3, 11 6:20 PM
OK, I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game twice. What is the problem with these games lately. I seem to have this problem with more than one. It would be nice if we could just purchase the CD and load it ourselves.

[Post New]by ItalianaMomma on Jul 5, 11 12:16 PM
I didn't really have a problem downloading it, though it took a bit longer than most games. The main problem I have with this game is that it freezes every time I switch scenes. It has yet to freeze for good where I'd have to close the game, but any time I switch scenes whether I'm moving to a new location or taking a closer look at something, it freezes for at least 20 seconds. This is just too slow of a game play for me and has already started to annoy me in just the demo portion of this game to where it would make me not want to purchase this game. However, I do think this is a great game (great puzzles, HOGs, purchasing items from a store to get through gameplay, etc.). I do think the animation of the redemption guy is pretty terrible, though. Anyway, I would buy this game if they fixed the freezing issues and when the regular version of it comes out. Collector's Editions are just a waste of money to me. The added material to them is just not worth the big cost difference. Why can't both versions just come out at the same time?

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by edgery on Jul 5, 11 6:47 PM
When I purchased this game, I received an 803-400 error and the game failed to activate. After following all the "tips" from the On-line Help, to no avail, I ran a Dr. Felix diagnostic and submitted a report. (Note that not one of the settings on my computer that I was asked to check needed correcting.)

3 days later, I get an email saying Customer Support is running behind (yeah, I figured that out). In the meantime, they have my purchase money and I have no game.

Sorry, this is hardly satisfactory and it is not the first time the "support" has been so.

If BFG wants to continue pushing out games that are not ready, you might expect continued unhappy customers. A "tip" of my own: dissatisfied customers spread the word more widely and more quickly than happy ones.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 6, 11 12:29 PM
Hello dear Fishies, I can not pick up the feather for to write down the telescope code. It is not shown in the ***scene. (. The hint fan says: there is nothing to do at the moment". I am very frustrated. A unhappy fish

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 12:34:45 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 6, 11 3:20 PM
Hi uwflossi,

If you’re having trouble picking up the feather, please uninstall and reinstall your game through your Purchase History.

If you've done this and continue to have troubles, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green at the top-right of the page.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Jul 6, 11 6:08 PM
nwr1948x wrote:Why is it always ERS games that run slowly and "stickily" on my computer ? I know other fishies have the same problem with this devs games,but we never get a real answer.I love ERS but hate having to wait for scenes to change etc.

Same here, it ran choppy in spots and actually caused my computer to crash a few times. At least it wasn't like Syberia when I'd lose my progress and had to keep reminding myself to save.

Also, the game would not allow me to access the telescope until I hit the fan/hints twice and then I was finally able to continue.

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 6:11:49 PM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 7, 11 11:50 AM
You will see two posts that I sent in regards to inventory items not appearing so you can proceed with the game. I have contacted CS, and am quite disappointed. I am starting to think that I play games like I speed read, maybe that is the problem.....Meaning, I don't let it reset enough to give me an inventory item. Sounds ludicrous, huh? I don't know, just have had this happen to me too often in the last few months with different games. Just a heads up for those that experience the 'oven mitt' loss. I guess I am going to delete the game as I do not start over 99% of the the time. CE cost down the drain. Expensive month with BF

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 10, 11 9:21 PM
I'm having an issue in an area related to SPOILER the cat and rats. When I try to proceed after the cat clears the area the game simply shuts down on me. I'm running on Vista. I'm doing an uninstall/reinstall right now. Will see if that clears up the problem.

ETA: Uninstall/reinstall worked. Whew! hopefully this is the last problem I have!

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 10:04:15 PM PST

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 10, 11 11:33 PM
And now I'm in the bonus game and have a vanishing inventory item! I exited out and went back in without success. Uninstall/reinstall # 2; hope it works...

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 23, 11 8:26 AM
Hello everyone,

Just popping in to let you know that a new MAC build is now available that fixes problems with audio throughout and addresses a possible freeze.

If you would like this new version, please uninstall and reinstall your game. If you're still seeing problems with the game after installing this new version, please get in touch with our Support Team for the best help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by twinstars on Jul 30, 11 9:55 PM
Just downloaded the trial version of the game on my Mac today (7/30/11) and it is constantly flickering. I even updated my Flash and Shockwave as suggested by the troubleshooting pages, and then reinstalled the game. The other Big Fish games I have work perfectly, including one I downloaded after Grim Facade. It seems to be quite buggy. Does anyone else have this flickering problem? Thanks.

[Post New]by kittykill on Aug 29, 11 4:17 PM
I have tried to load this game to my computer several times and it stops half way through the download and my internet dies. I know it's not my internet. I wish I could play it!

[Post New]by ShimShalabim on Sep 7, 11 2:01 PM
Locked up on me late in the game in scene with suspended cage and well. Uninstall, reinstall, run as admin, etc, etc. Nothing helped.

Sent report on 9/2, still no word.

UPDATE
Finally got my absolutely useless response nearly a week later.

Typical boilerplate nonsense constantly trying to blame our systems for the problem.

Well, I've got proof that the problem is in the game. I restarted in easy mode and completed the game. Obviously, the problem is their's, not mine.

Bigfish and the game developers are either lazy or in denial... or both!

So, for everyone having the same problem, try playing in easy mode.

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 1:55:15 PM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 12, 11 12:01 PM
Roice wrote:OK, I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game twice. What is the problem with these games lately. I seem to have this problem with more than one. It would be nice if we could just purchase the CD and load it ourselves.

You can, I click on save instead of run on the game page. I save to a folder on my desktop. I close the IE and then open the file to load. I'm sure the "game mangler" needs to activate from the site but tha's it.

I'm not sure if I remember right but I think the folder "BF downloads" was even created for me the fist time. If not, just make your own.

I was advised by a Microsoft tech to always run files from your comp. as opposed to a site. Also, it saves space if you decide you want to have it so you don't miss a game but are not planning to play it righy away.

P.S. It's running slow for me also but then I only have 1/2 the ram it really needs to have. My comp. is one of those "tablet and chisel" things from the stone age with an older, but I think better type of ram, that you can now only find if you hunt for it used.

Edited on 09/12/2011 at 12:07:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Jymmee on Dec 30, 11 11:41 PM
having a problem with the ink and feather quill, not sure what to do. Where is the walk thru.

incon

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Mar 6, 12 11:43 AM
Darn it, now I am having problems with the game. I've been at the castle a while, got as far as being in sophies room and to the garage, adding a solution etc. my problem is strange. It wont let me access my inventory or map. I got out of the game completely thinking that might help. The only way to get out of the game I have to do a control alt delete. It was allowing me to go to different locations, but that has now stopped. what the heck? What should I do, if anything.

Go to: