caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi technical issues here only

[Post New]by caseymom on Jun 29, 11 10:05 AM
I delayed DL this game because of the tech probs listed in the forum. I finally tried it or attempted to try it. Not only was it not full screen, it was all the way to the right of the screen, leaving the left side with my icons and background pic. Now who wants to play a spooky game with yellow tulips on the left side of the screen? I, like many others, will not change the resolution of my PC for one game. Really disappointing but that is why I check out the tech probs in the forums and the comments before I DL a game. Thanks to all who take the time to type in both of these spots. You are really helping, especially casual gran.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi technical issues here only

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 30, 11 6:46 AM
netnanna wrote:
galphimia wrote:Game does not launch. When trying to start I get the hourglass for a few moments. Deactivated my Anti Virus, deinstalled and installed several times. Simply nothing.
Seem to have the same problem as many others had with the CE.

Same problem, game won't launch.
I reported it to BFG, and they say they have no other instances of this!! just shows how important it is to contact them when a problem occurs, the more cases there are, the harder they'll try to get a fix. So please galphimia, report it to them. They have offered a refund or said I could wait for a "fix". I think i might just hang on to it for a while, I live in hopes!!

Someone at Big Fish is taking lessons from politicians & stonewalling... Many of us (including me on June 12th) reported problems with the CE version of this game and that we HAD contacted BF Tech and given them the Dr. Felix file, and none of us got a solution to the issue. MANY people contacted BF Tech during the CE version of this game... By now, we've all just given up. Issue is with the Developer, who is not going to do anything to remedy this. Seems like they're losing $$ not being able to sell scores (if not hundreds) of these games.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jun 30, 11 9:40 AM
No one is a bigger supporter of BFG than I. But the ongoing compatibility problems have me at the end of my rope. I've been a member for almost two years, off and on. Until the past 3 months, I never had a technical issue with so many games. I worked with tech support both in chat and via e-mail and jumped through every hoop they asked me to. I figured my input could help BFG to figure out why these problems kept happening. After numerous e-mails and following every instruction I was given, I've had enough. I finally just told them that I didn't want to have to spend any more of my own time trying to remedy the problem I was having and asked for a coupon code to reimburse me for purchase of the game. BFG promptly issued a coupon code. But after all the efforts on both sides, there's still no answer for why I'm experiencing the same technical issue with these IHOG's.

BertaPep
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by BertaPep on Jun 30, 11 10:07 AM
LIke many others, I'd like to add my own voice in the 'will not load' catagory.

Once the game did not load and I rebooted, I tried again and it still would not load.

So, I came here to the board and read each message seeing that I wasn't alone. I made doubly sure I was up to date on all the usual suspects (I was), made sure virii programs and firewalls were disabled (they were), etc.

So, I did the usual things you would do w/XP -- cleared cache, expanded virtual memory, blah blah and rebooted again.

Came back to Game Manager only to see **MY TRIAL TIME EXPIRED!**

So -- do I purchase to see if the darn thing works? Call BFG to see if I could redownload the trial version (after uninstalling) and maybe actually TRY the game?

Obviously more than a few folks are having trouble. Some gamers will call BFG and/or the developer, others will not for whatever reason. I would ASSUME BFG employees see that there are troubles (why else would there be a technical issue folder) and send the reports up the food-chain.

Sign me -- totally frustrated

[Post New]by mstflvrnum1 on Jul 1, 11 12:23 PM
Same here to slow jerky screen I like the game wish they would fix it. Played 10 minutes then deleted it

[Post New]by bevdean on Jul 1, 11 2:55 PM
I am uninstalling the game after only 10 mins of frustration! I could not get the game to run correctly. I know there was more to the scenes but I could not see them. No matter if I had the game run in full screen or not. I would hit the hint and the crow flew off screen. I was missing too much of the game off screen to make the thing even half way playable! Not good and I will not try again.

Dustydo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dustydo on Jul 3, 11 12:34 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I do not have any problems with this game so far.
I played the trial game first with no issues and also bought this game. So far still no problems????? I have Dell 2000XP. This game has great graphics, hidden objects and
mini games are great. Do not know why other people are having issues with this game???

Just thought I would enter my opinion on this so far.

Good Luck

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 12:52:14 PM PST

Dustydo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dustydo on Jul 3, 11 9:12 PM
Back again! Just finished this game. I did not have any problems or issues with this one that others have experienced???? Everything went real well for me through the entire game. I did like this one. Sorry others had such problems???

Lots of Luck

[Post New]by vonkannondaycare on Jul 4, 11 1:39 AM
Will not buy unless the bugs are fixed. Looks like a good game but I don't have time for the start and stop of action while the program freezes. I'll check back but not an option right now.

[Post New]by preemie54 on Jul 4, 11 12:30 PM
I was 91% through with the game, and now it won't work right I stopped the game when you had to put the rocks to block the cave. When I restarted, I can't even get the rocks back, therefore I can't play the game.

wandazz
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by wandazz on Jul 4, 11 5:26 PM
I purchased the SE and had no problems with the games until the end when I had to assemble the skeleton. The bottom on the game, goals, inventory etc is there but the rest of the upper screen is black. This is so fustrating, since this is the last part of the game. Anyone have any suggestions.

[Post New]by catfromaus on Jul 5, 11 5:09 PM
So frustrated by this game right now!!!
On my second try at the game (first one had to abandon because game crashed) and I cannot get past the globe theatre. Problem is (and haven't had this happen before!) that the screen keeps going different colours! Last night, it turns red, and won't let me exit to windows. Today the screen decides to turn blue. Weird, weird, weird.
Disappointing, because I loved Midnight Mysteries 2!

[Post New]by debssd1 on Jul 6, 11 7:59 AM
Having same problem game will download but will not launch have to shut down laptop as says says game still running! very frustrating as looks like a very god game

[Post New]by CelticClover on Jul 6, 11 10:01 AM
I have installed the game and when I go to play it a message box pops up and says Debug report. I have closed it and tried over and over again and I get the same thing. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and got the same thing. HELP!

The computer I am playing the game on is not connected to the Internet.

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 10:04:30 AM PST

[Post New]by CelticClover on Jul 7, 11 8:33 AM
Gosh! All I want is some help on if I should return it and I wanted to do a live chat to find out. Well I can't! I have to join the club in order to get help! What is with that! That is really poor guys! Rather PATHETIC TOO! I AM CALLING!

shellykayd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by shellykayd on Jul 8, 11 9:01 AM
I have had the bug error report come up twice, in two different places. When I close the game and reload it, I was still able to continue past those spots. I managed to finish the game and started over to try and find all the 4 leaf clovers, but it seems to lock up at random spots. I'm overall pleased with this game, but would be nice if there weren't the bug reports coming up in different spots.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Jul 9, 11 7:50 AM
I am having the same problem with slowness. I had to update all my drivers and video cards, etc. when I was having trouble with Shiver, so I know everything is up to date. I was really looking forward to this game, too.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 9, 11 8:22 AM
Hello everyone,

It looks like a number of you are experiencing a game that isn't loading, a slow game or a debug message. I would recommend first taking a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've done this and are still having troubles with the game, the next best step is to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report. Please also include the steps you've already gone through so that you aren't asked to repeat them when getting in touch with our reps. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by ma4mail on Jul 9, 11 12:51 PM
I have been trying to get techinical help for days now--to no avail. After downloading this game I was unable to play because the screen said it was already running. Since then, I have turned off the computer numerous times, --reinstalled Adobe etc--done all the things that you normally do. I can't even un-install the game nor can I download a new game or even play another one.

The most frustrating aspect of this all is the lack of technical response from Big Fish. I got one reply and i did everything they told me to do but nothing helped.

Does anybody have any ideas?

[Post New]by ellen1958 on Jul 12, 11 4:16 AM
Bought the game before tring it so I guess I've learned my lesson.It won't launch but always says it's running and won't let me uninstall or reinstall because it says "IT'S RUNNING". I'm stumped and don't know what to do to get my money back cause I'm getting no response from customer service,any advice???

Go to: