bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Reviews for: Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 28, 11 1:40 PM
Hey fishies!

I just wanted to remind everyone that this thread has been reserved for reviews for Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls.

If you're looking to chat about this game, please swim on over to the 'Comments and thoughts...' thread.

Or, if you're looking for help with a particular part of the game, please create a new thread by clicking on the 'Create New Discussion' button on the main page of this forum.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Jun 28, 11 3:25 PM
Just got this game yesterday and I am on my second time playing. This is a lot of game for one game credit. Hidden object scenes are fresh and mini-games are more fun than frustrating. I give this 4.5 out of 5.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 28, 11 6:49 PM
i would not buy this game as it appears in window mode on my 27inch screen

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jun 28, 11 6:50 PM
A good story line,great graphics but due to its tech probs I spent as much time "walking"as I did playing the actual game..
Note to BFG this game needs some tweeking by the developers .
It has potential but you need soooo much patience to deal with the slow scene changes...so I can only give it a 2 1/2 out of 5.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 28, 11 11:22 PM
Lots of neat puzzles, but either I'm slow, or the game is. The story was progressing at a snail's pace, making it more boring than it should be. Will not be buying.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jun 29, 11 8:34 AM
Good idea Menesa This game not only needs tweeking because it is so boring it also is not very friendly to the player.The hints don't help and I thought it just wasn't any fun I did give it a chance but the poor gameplay and oh so graphics are a Definite NO BUY Doof

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 29, 11 9:01 AM
Another terrible game making for a terrible week of games. At least the ones that even work are terrible. Its pretty bad when even the CE games don't even make you want to wait for the SE to come out. What is with the BF site, why is it so slow recently.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jun 29, 11 9:19 AM
have just finished this game and i loved it i really had to turn on a brain cell at one point nearly had to use two lol would like to meet this couple in another game in the future

Dakjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Dakjoy on Jun 29, 11 11:13 AM
ruthb1146 wrote:How do I get the arrow into the target? I have tried at least 50 times.

Dakjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Dakjoy on Jun 29, 11 11:14 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did anyone respond? I can't find a response.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jun 29, 11 3:07 PM
The arrow has a targeting site if you find it which hones in.

Now I loved this game and appreciated the variations in the "usual". Good story, which usually means ziltch to me, and graphics were fine. I had no technical problems, but I do appreciate the frustration when that occasionally occurs. A few "need to get the pointer on the right pixel" but not overly so. A good rec from my pov-not the same ole same ole

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jun 29, 11 8:43 PM
I really enjoyed this game!!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jul 1, 11 1:47 PM
The CE game of the week didn't appeal to me, but this one did. Really nice graphics and interesting story. A lot of interaction, which I like. Hope it is not too easy or too short, as this will be a nice weekend game to play. I've read a lot of technical problems others are having. So far in demo mode, I have not had any problems (using Windows Vista). I think I shall purchase it at the 4th of July sale price, but I hope when I download the purchased full version, I don't run across tech problems with the game. Sometimes, I've noticed that happens... all fine in demo and then problems with full install. Anyway, will give it a whirl. Hope all who are having tech issues with this game, find resolution so they can enjoy it as well.

To all who celebrate the 4th of July... A Happy & Safe One To You All

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 3, 11 11:02 AM
I finished the game now, and am very happy with it. Apart from one small incident, where I got an access violation error after getting the first skull (I exited the game and went in again, and didn´t get that error message again), the whole game played just beautifully.

I also loved the variety of mini games and the gameplay on the whole was fun and entertaining.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 6, 11 7:00 AM
Loved this game, kept me engrossed for hours. Just my thing, trying to work things out.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 7, 11 5:52 PM
Not great. pretty to look at, but not very intuitive; lousy voice overs, expecially the beginning. And the walking .... bit - too much!Think I'll be passing on this one.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 8, 11 3:29 PM
HI, Baglady described the game very well..Am starting chapter 3 and sorta hate to finish this game Despite the "walking" between scenes I quit using that poor hint system and am trying to figure out for myself where to go and what to do,and made lack of hints part of game - may have to eat my words but I like this game enough to ignore (so far)any glitches...
Will come back & edit if I get too frustrated!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 10, 11 3:44 PM
A wonderful game! I thought the graphics were beautiful. It was not an easy game. However after 3 starts this Great Grannie finished it! I'm so glad I kept at it. Didn't mind replaying some of the lovely scenes. Hope we get more like it. Truly enjoyed it.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 9:32 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Jul 15, 11 3:18 AM
I found this game tedious not only did you have to hold a hammer over nails but you have to do it a certain way ..and same with the other FROG's not amused by this leaving me rather frustrated if not annoyed when you had to keep trying over and over again to get it right.

The story was a bit bland, the puzzles were alright but the grand finale for the last skull was just a straight to the point door open, your in the temple, do the ihog thing and that's it which was a real shame that you couldnt go looking around inside all of the temple for the last skull.

Overall disappointed but this game is defiinetly not the worst game in my history book ...didnt get bored.

Go to: