Re:Post any Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by mel9161 on Jul 3, 11 10:26 AM
Jadaxious wrote:I'm having trouble finding the fishing reel that is supposed to be in the cooler HOG scene. I know it is supposed to be on the backpack on the left hand side, but I've played up to that point twice now, and there is no fishing reel. If this is a glitch, where is the fix?? Changing profiles sure hasn't helped any. Any suggestions??

Jad

Nope, no suggestions but yup, having the same problem.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jul 3, 11 2:32 PM
I bought this game, found it slow moving but interesting, and then about an hour or so into the game the screen froze and cursor disappeared. My security scan shows file as corrupted. I've deleted and will wait until July 5 to request refund.

Faylyn

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 3, 11 2:52 PM
Enjoyed the game until I couldn't retrieve #5 piece of the diagram in the tree box. Checked the walkthrough and I'm where I should be but unable to progress since the sprinkler key can't be used if the diagram piece won't remove to reveal the keyhole. Guess I'll start over with a new profile and see what happens.

Restarted game with new profile and have been able to get past this diagram glitch. Hopefully, that's the only problem I'll have with the game.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 8:58:45 PM PST

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Jul 3, 11 2:56 PM
netnanna wrote:
ZhenYun wrote:I'm not so sure if this is a technical issue since I'm relatively new in these waters, but this is my problem: the game crashed while I was on the boat, after I had removed the screws of the panel with the butter knife. When I restarted the game, I had to do some things again, but never mind - the real problem is that the panel is back on, the butterknife isn't in my inventory anymore and can't be found in its original place either. Does anyone have an idea about what I could do?

I apologize if this post appears in the wrong discussion - I didn't know where to put it.

Seems like the same problem I'm having with a missing wrench, I've got all the updates you can imagine, so I don't think I'll get much help from the hard working techies, guess it's time for another refund for a duff game.

The fish pond solved it again! Thanks to Rivvy1, I restarted the game with a new profile and the wrench appeared!!

Wooo hooo NetNanna!!!!!!!!.... glad I could be of some help :-)
I hope that ZhenYun has tried the same by now?

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Jul 3, 11 6:47 PM
I had the butter knife, exited game, when I came back to play again- no butter knife, and it was not where I originally found it. The weird thing was, my inventory labeled a butter knife in one of the slots that was clearly filled with the transistors! ( and yes, I did try to use them to open the panel, in case the game really recognised them as a knife, but no...) I exited the game again, restarted, and low and behold... a butter knife magically appeared in my inventory!

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jul 3, 11 7:07 PM
rhorho wrote:I am with you on this issue fairjuno and clpond53.
Whats with the drivers? Why is this an issue with some games and not the others?
Ive had that msg on the last few games...its soooo annoying when you know your pc is fine but so far this game is okay.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jul 3, 11 7:08 PM
rhorho wrote:I am with you on this issue fairjuno and clpond53.
Whats with the drivers? Why is this an issue with some games and not the others?
Ive had that msg on the last few games...its soooo annoying when you know your pc is fine but so far this game is okay.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jul 4, 11 6:14 AM
flashing screen too, have to restart computer when this starts.

Firewitch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Firewitch on Jul 4, 11 9:51 AM
I checked the help pages but did not find a solution to my problem. The download went ok but when I went to play the game all it did was cause my screen to flash. I had to log off to get it to stop. Never saw the game start up but showed I had played for 2 minutes on the demo time.

Not buying this one if I cannot play it. What is with the flashing??

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Jul 5, 11 9:42 AM
I bought this game after finishing the demo. I have to say it was a relief after having problems with both Midnight Mysteries 3 and the Crystal Skulls game. Then...I hit the balcony. One person reported the magnifying glass and the cursor moving all over the place and having no control. Same here. Unbelievable. I had gotten a hold of BFG support during the last two games and updated my drivers and Direct X. My pc is older, but has never had a problem until now and from the looks of things, it's not the pc but the game. Again, BFG, a wider net of beta testing, please.

Happy gaming - if you can!

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jul 5, 11 4:36 PM
I am not able to pick up the saw from the garbage can. After reading other comments, I see I am not the only one who has had this problem. Can someone help?

meyernan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by meyernan on Jul 6, 11 5:05 PM
I played the free hour (up to the cutting board in the galley) and it worked fine. I liked the game but when I purchased it, it went back to the cutting board and the knife wont cut the carrot and so I cant move on in the game. Now I regret buying it. Any suggestions???

slyeyes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by slyeyes on Jul 6, 11 9:48 PM
I cant get the saw out of the garbage can ....grrrrr

[Post New]by Littleswimmer on Jul 6, 11 11:21 PM
After starting again with a new profile, I was careful NOT to venture near the garbage can UNTIL the tip stated to do so. I was then able to complete the game with no more problems. Apparently we can't try to do things until the tips state to do them.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Jul 7, 11 10:27 PM
I'm having a problem at the Penthouse. The first thing at the Penthouse is to go to the Gazebo in the back left corner, which is a H0 scene. I cannot get the goggles in that scene. The first time I played it I picked up the goggles, but they got stuck on the screen - I couldn't click on them, they wouldn't move, and my inventory said I still needed to collect them. I exited the H0 scene, went back in, and the goggles were not there anymore, although it says I still need to collect them. I can't go on. I know I can start with a new profile, but I'm so far along that I don't want to replay the whole thing again. My drivers and everything ARE up to date.

BUMMER!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 8, 11 6:20 AM
I am happy to report that at this point, the fixed version of the game is working fine for me. Originally, there was no text on the screen, but now that has been fixed. Also, the screen is still off-center to the right at my default resolution of 1024x768. However, if you set it to 1280x768 before you start the game, then the screen centers perfectly. I will report back after I finish the game to let everyone know if I encountered any problems.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 6:50:25 AM PST

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 8, 11 7:21 PM
My first problem occured when I was getting the GPS screen on the ship. My trial ended in the middle of that **** screen but I had gotten the GPS screen. After buying the game and resuming play I was in the **** screen again and had everything but the GPS screen. The tool used to open the case the screen is in was missing. The close up showed one of the two bolts removed but I had no way to remove the other one with no tool. I said oh well and started the game again as a new player.

Now I am in the maze and have four of five gears. The hint directs me to the northeast corner of the maze and there is a little light that blinks in the hedge there. I cannot get to it. I have been all over that stupid maze and have not been able to find any other gears and still can't get into the northeast corner. I refuse to start all over again when I am so close to finishing. I can get in the area where the northeast cormer is, but can't go to the bench and look for the gear.

So disappointed in this game!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 9, 11 8:43 AM
As promised, I finished the game and am now reporting back. Absolutely no problems with the fixed version. Everything worked flawlessly and I completed the game without a hitch. I garnered 4th place on the Top Agents list. Good game. Highly recommended.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 9, 11 8:48 AM
@NULL: I don't believe it's a bug in the game, unless you have an earlier version. For me the maze was a bit tough, but all 5 gears were there. It's a little tricky, but make sure you get all the stair keys. You use them on the different staircases and that grants you access to different parts of the maze. I had trouble finding the 5th gear at first, but then found it in the bushes in the very scene by the exit where you actually use the gears.

I hope this helps and good luck.

[Post New]by sandynbert on Jul 11, 11 12:28 PM
Got to penthouse gazebo and goggles stopped in mid screen and froze. When I got out and went back in, everything I collected was gone and it was showing I still needed the goggles. Couldn't get any further. Game a disaster and a waste.

Go to: