Re:Reviews for Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 2, 11 10:49 AM
OH P.U.-- remember using that expression as a kid. That's the only thing that popped into my head.
Tiny graphics, sorry looking scarcastic faced agent...hardly a role model.
Yawn story,,,sorry, but it is.
But the part that really got me was how tiny and poorly drawn..is drawn at all, they were. I don't know how people with lap tops can see these items.
Just isn't worth the time, nor the $.
Too bad after Nightmare Realm. Pretty sorry back to back with such a fine game as NR. Come on Big Fish..it's July 4th weekend!
kris

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 2, 11 8:50 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The graphics and such were all fine - scenes were colorful and interesting, for the most part. I didn't notice the music much, so it must have been okay or I would have turned it down. A couple of things I really, really liked about this game:

1. A hints/tip button that actually tells you more than "there is nothing to do here - try some other area". (I hate that when it happens).

2. If your eyes are a bit feeble at times, like mine, there is a wonderful "zoom" button available that gets you a nice, big magnifier that makes searches much easier.

The story was fun, gameplay was great, and it's one I'll definitely play again. For some, there may be a bit too much of what others call "hand-holding", but, when I'm stuck in a game, I'll take it!..lol

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 3, 11 3:55 AM
One of the games I am definitely buying in the 4th July sale is this one; the graphics are nice & extremely clean & bright on my monitor; it fits my widescreen (always a plus); makes a change from the dark & dreary games that have been on offer lately.

There are two modes of play, easy & hard, I played the demo in easy mode & found that the sparkles weren’t too bright. The hint button is really useful – you don’t get the usual ‘nothing left to do here’ instead you get a helpful tip on what to do next.

I have not had any problems with the cursor which others have mentioned.

The story is nothing to write home about (although I do like spy fiction when well done) but I do like the gameplay; you have to find objects to place in specific areas & you also have to figure out how to get an item working. It gives my brain a little work out without being too hard. There is also interaction with items in the hidden object scenes & a magnifier if you find things too small to see.

The mini puzzles are very easy – it is a shame that these could not have been a little more difficult.

The music is average & I think this game would have been better if it had had voiceovers in addition to the subtitling.

[Post New]by pattim53 on Jul 3, 11 10:23 AM
Bought the game using the 4th of July coupon and glad I save $2. It was OK - the graphics were good but the puzzles were a bit too easy and the ending was just a dud! It seemed like the developers couldn't come up with a good ending so they just...ended it.
First game in a long time that I finished in a day; 4 hours to be exact.
HOG's are losing their appeal; need to come up with a new "hook".

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 3, 11 10:47 AM
hi pattim

if you are interested there is a thread about non H0G large file adventure games - this is the link

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/143701.page

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 3, 11 1:43 PM
This was a very well done adventure HOG and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I got it for $4.99. Such a deal!!! Graphics and story were all good and I didn't need an extra pair of sneakers. The Hint/Tip system was a huge help and the puzzles were all doable. Enjoy, Fishies.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jul 3, 11 9:01 PM
Bottom line first: I bought this game yesterday and stayed up all night playing it. Finished the "easy" mode. I'll have a go at the

As soon as I saw that it was from Skunk Studios (also makers of the Flux Family Secrets games) I had high expectations. The game had excellent graphics - and hidden objects were hard to find because they were cleverly hidden, for the most part. Where my aging eyes had difficulties, Skunk Studios' excellent Zoom lens got me where i needed to go every time. What a refreshing contrast to many HOG games in which the objects are not so much hidden as greyed or whited out. Skunk Studios plays fair with you.

The puzzles were fun, not the most challenging I ever solved (not sure if this is a good or a bad thing), but fun. The story was a classic with a nice little twist at the end.

I had no technical problems with this game, and I've been having quite a few technical problems with games lately.

Thanks, Skunk Studios and BFG, for a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jul 4, 11 7:55 AM
Bellsprout Happy 4th.I felt the same way.The Skunk is actually a very friendly game maker.I went and bought both Flux games too. Can't beat the sale Best always Doof

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jul 5, 11 1:18 PM
CasualGran wrote:Oh my... having this sale going on and all I bought this game and boy! am I sorry I did. Search for things to assemble, then go to another location and search for things to assemble and so on. That's practically all you do, plus a number of too easy puzzles. No atmosphere, no voice-overs, nothing to make this game a bit more exciting.

Boooring!!!

Yes, I'm reading other fishies do enjoy this game and I'm glad for them, but this somnolent gameplay combined with these ugly, not removable black bars on top and bottom of my screen makes me feel I've wasted my money, reduced price or not...

I usually agree with CasualGran however this time I like this game. Maybe it is not as great as some other games that have come out lately but was worth the Fourth of July sale. The graphics are very good and the sound is not annoying as some.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Jul 5, 11 6:20 PM
mariannequilts wrote:This was a very well done adventure HOG and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I got it for $4.99. Such a deal!!! Graphics and story were all good and I didn't need an extra pair of sneakers. The Hint/Tip system was a huge help and the puzzles were all doable. Enjoy, Fishies.

I thought it was well worth $4.99. Thought I would get stuck in the maze but muddled through. I have the worst sense of direction in the world except maybe DH - when you tell him "left" you then have to say "your other left". It was a good mix of interactive, HOG & mini-games. Liked the variation in locations.

sno13wy
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by sno13wy on Jul 6, 11 1:59 PM
I really enjoyed this game...nice and long....I used a game coupon which
was double the fun...

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 7, 11 5:03 PM
Ok, well i bought the game & the length so far is pretty decent. The mini games are way to simple but all in all a good game...i recommend this game.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jul 8, 11 2:38 PM
doofenschmurtz wrote:Bellsprout Happy 4th.I felt the same way.The Skunk is actually a very friendly game maker.I went and bought both Flux games too. Can't beat the sale Best always Doof

Hope you had a happy 4th also.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jul 9, 11 5:26 AM
Average game (graphics were average, **** scenes were average, interactions with inventory objects were average, etc...). Not a buy for me. Bored after 25 minutes into the demo.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jul 11, 11 7:05 AM
Really liked the demo and with 2 modes to play in, Casual or Advanced, it's almost like getting 2 games in 1, so it will be a buy for me.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 2:08 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 2 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.5 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Jul 14, 11 1:50 PM
I liked this game - graphics were good, better story than most but a bit short - still enjoyable worth the buy to play on my lunch break at work.....

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jul 15, 11 4:13 PM
Hello, this is where I eat a slice or two of humble pie I wrote in about a problem in chapter 6 ... only thing is - the problem was me - OOPS I had another look and another try and resolved the issue. Well I did learn to look more carefully before shouting about it - so, my apologies for taking c/s time. I really did enjoy this game after all. Thanks for being patient with me. Sheila

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 15, 11 10:11 PM
Just an okay game for me. Nothing terrible, just not very engaging. The "gestures" were a new twist I haven't seen before, but I found myself wondering why they added them to the game... Does it really enhance the game to "wipe" a fish back and forth across a fake bird??? Uh, no. But I liked figuring out the puzzles and assembling things so definitely not a bad game. I can see why others enjoyed it.

Edit: Just found out you can turn off the gestures in the Options menu. Which is exactly what I did. Great idea to offer that option!

Edited on 07/16/2011 at 8:26:15 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 16, 11 12:18 PM
I am going to eat humble pie after my previous review... I stuck with this game and really ended up enjoying it. The devs did a lot of things right... The graphics were very good and filled my widescreen. Nothing sparkling/flashing/spinning/jumping, etc., good background sounds/music, progressive hints/tips - you can get just a tip or you can get an answer (love it).

Overall, I highly recommend this game and am very glad I bought it .

Go to: