Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Comments for Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 4, 11 5:45 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:
Indy72 wrote:This game could be fun.. when you're 6 years old
No buy for me.

Wow, what an insult (unintended, I'm sure)! I must be a really, really tall first grader then, since I found this game to be highly enjoyable. Wonder if I have any Nutter Butters in the pantry...

Hi, Dark, I think you're being charitable to characterize it as "unintended".

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 5:46:06 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 4, 11 5:48 PM
amj0963 wrote:i loved it because i felt like i was in the pond playing with other fishes

I keep looking for ...I know he's there someplace.

Edited on 07/04/2011 at 5:48:20 PM PST

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jul 4, 11 9:00 PM
I liked it too had to buy as well and yes i liked gardenscape as well lol but i like the **** part instead of match 3 i am sick of them to b honest only thing i did not care for is when ur in the mini game cannot pause it hey when nature calls...rofl ^^
still a 4 out 5 for me i do like the story line too is a bit different and all ages can enjoy it too ^^ hey am just a kid at heart tc and hope u all enjoy this game! It is a very likeable game to me tc and happy gaming and happy 4th

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jul 5, 11 1:40 PM
What a cute game. I love the scenes, so bright. Cute story and it is fun to play. Don't have to think too hard, so it is a good stress reliever. My only trouble is with the sudoku...which I hate in real life :-))....Oh well, I just use the skip button on those. Yes, it's kinda kiddy, but a nice change of pace from some of the darker HOs...which I do love. Thanks BF. Good holiday buy at $4.99!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 5, 11 10:28 PM
This one is a whole lotta fun to me. I am enjoying the puzzles, the hogs, and the characters, as well as decorating the whole place. The only thing missing is the DOG...I loved that dog in Gardenscapes, lol. Hope they have another one of these in the works...and I can hope that they include the dog again as many of us enjoyed interacting with him/her

eta: There is nothing wrong with having fun, and if that makes me a kid, so be it...young at heart always. I enjoy the challenging games too, but lighthearted ones like this are a nice change of pace while waiting for a hog to sink my fins into. I usually think those who make the 'kiddie game" comments are teens barely out of their own childhood, so anything seemingly young is a threat to their identity.

Edited on 07/05/2011 at 10:33:13 PM PST

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Jul 6, 11 4:42 PM
I have not enjoyed a game as much as "Lagoona", and I LOVE games. So much fun and so beautiful. I actually bought it, full price, as soon as the demo time was over.

I have to ask everyone, did you see the "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" references? Wesley Wyndam Pike and "The Watcher's Council" were obvious, but are there more that aren't as obvious, or further into the game than an hour's play could introduce?

Love, love, love this gem of a game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 7, 11 1:17 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:hi angelfish
if you do buy & still have problems make sure you contact Customer Support; they are really helpful. Of course they won't be open until Tuesday due to the holiday.

I always send a Dr Felix file when I have a problem game:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwOTc3Njc2Ni9zaWQvVlV5d3M3eWs%3D

However saying all that I hope that you are able to play this one

Thanks for the response. I did buy it since there was a sale on and it plays perfectly. Don't know why it crashed my PC, very strange! Glad I bought this game, it's just adorable!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 7, 11 1:28 AM

This is really a beauty of a game!

The art work is great - really great!

The length is fabulous!! I've been played on and off for 3-4 days! still not quite done.

The choice of decoration is just as good (if not better) as Gardenscape.

The characters and their dialogue are amusing and I love reading the little history bits. (only criticism is the yellow outlined font on the dialogue)

The (skippable) mini-games get harder as the game progresses and they are all very well described.

SO ENJOYABLE!!! RATING 5 out of 5!!!!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 7, 11 1:32 AM
Indy72 wrote:This game could be fun.. when you're 6 years old
No buy for me.

I'm 10 times that age and love this game. Quirky, fun characters, lots of places to search for items to sell (and diamonds), a variety of puzzles and you get to modernise and decorate your orphanage to save it from being redeveloped. Definite shades of Gardenscapes; hours and hours of play, gorgeous graphics and I love the way the devs have managed to integrate the players name into the story.

Well worth the sale price but I would have bought it even without the sale.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 7, 11 6:25 PM
I really loved this game thx DEV;s and BF,I loved the graphics and the music, this game gives us a nice relaxing time the music is great almost puts you to sleep love the game..I realize my grandkids would love this game and so does Grannie..lol
Just my thoughts on this game Graphics was off the chain..

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 6:26:29 PM PST

[Post New]by chesherecat on Jul 10, 11 9:02 AM
I like this game

[Post New]by chesherecat on Jul 10, 11 9:03 AM
Is there a walkthrough for the puzzles?

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Jul 10, 11 5:43 PM
Well, I agree with the "ladies". This is certainly a lovely change from all the dark crime, blood thirsty, demon type games. I have really enjoyed it. It's length is nice for "getting your money's worth", but I only have two more "repairs" to go and I've had a little too much of a good thing. The music is great and relaxing, sort of water-relaxing. The graphics are good, yet challenging sometimes.

It's been a bit too long, but I'm gonna save it for when I get "evil'd out" again and finish it later. I want to go from bored to relaxed again in the future. Hope everybody else has enjoyed it. I recommend it highly.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 23, 11 3:53 PM
This is a nice, pleasant game, but it's not for me. Not a buy for me.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 23, 11 3:53 PM
This is a nice, pleasant game, but it's not for me. Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by lovesfreedom on May 16, 12 9:04 PM
I happen to love this game....I enjoy all of the puzzles & the scenery...I bought it

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 16, 12 9:57 PM

I loved this game! Took a long time to play...no boredom and lots of fun!

Go to: