Re:Post any Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean technical issues here only

[Post New]by onedishydame on Jul 28, 11 9:58 PM
Mini game boot. I keep getting thrown out trying to pass the jellyfish minigame. Very frustrating. Game crashes and shuts down. No problems during trial. Is BFG going to address our issues?

grsloop
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by grsloop on Jul 30, 11 12:46 AM
Really enjoyed this game, but:

Did not receive 3 Days in a Row Trophy, therefore did not receive All Other Trophies Trophy

Game is over but one puzzle is still locked - #8 in Spot the Difference

[Post New]by Toots136 on Jul 31, 11 9:39 AM
I know that this is late for a lot of you but I have a solution for when you can't get on becaus a' another game is playing' window appears. Right click on the big fish icon and click on close. That will close the other game. Hopes this helps someone.
Toots

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Aug 2, 11 1:44 PM
I downloaded the free trial for this game and it says I have 60 minutes of trial time left. But when I hit play it will not come up on the screen. I even trashed it and retried and it still wont load. I have Windows 7 operating system. Any fix out there?

grsloop
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by grsloop on Aug 5, 11 9:03 AM
grsloop wrote:Really enjoyed this game, but:

Did not receive 3 Days in a Row Trophy, therefore did not receive All Other Trophies Trophy

Game is over but one puzzle is still locked - #8 in Spot the Difference

Played again under a different name, still no 3 Days Trophy and this time the one locked puzzle is the "invisible painting".

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 12, 11 11:47 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available. This new version of the game remedies system clocks not keeping time unlocking the 3 Day Trophy.

If you'd like this build, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

Still having troubles with the game? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Luci_in_Sac on Aug 13, 11 8:50 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

A <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/173549.page#3405600">new build</a> is now available. This new version of the game remedies system clocks not keeping time unlocking the 3 Day Trophy.

If you'd like this build, please <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game.

Still having troubles with the game? Please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

I purchased this game today. Are the updates included in this version?
Thanks.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 15, 11 8:01 PM
Luci_in_Sac wrote:I purchased this game today. Are the updates included in this version?
Thanks.

If you downloaded the game at the same time you bought it, then you should already have the new version. If you downloaded the trial a day or two before you bought it, though, then you probably have to old version.

If you want to be sure, you can always uninstall it and then download it again. Your saved games will still be available when you open the newly downloaded version, so you won't lose any progress.

[Post New]by twincats on Aug 16, 11 12:15 PM
I installed the updated version of the game and received the remaining trophies. I am pleased - enjoyed the game and wanted to get the satisfaction of getting all my trophies - the only game I have played where I attained every trophy.

It would please me to have more games like this. The "dark" games can be very interesting but it is a nice change to have a lighthearted game to play as well.

[Post New]by dynawg on Aug 22, 11 5:34 PM
Is there any fix yet for the 'missing' accept quests button?

Yes, we can see the bottom border, no, none of the various 'window/aspect ratio' buttons have any effect.

Thanks!
Dyna

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 22, 11 8:34 PM
dynawg wrote:Is there any fix yet for the 'missing' accept quests button?

Yes, we can see the bottom border, no, none of the various 'window/aspect ratio' buttons have any effect.

Thanks!
Dyna

I don't know if you saw the other thread that discusses this problem, so...

Do you happen to have a lot of quests in your list that have red exclamation points by them? If so, these quests can be completed. Go to your Items inventory (where you sell the items) and click on the Quests Items button. Click "complete" for each quest where it appears. Then exit and go back to the Quests list. Those you just completed will disappear from the quest list and once your quest list is shorter, you should be able to see the "accept" button again.

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 8:34:26 PM PST

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Can't get gems!

[Post New]by JammyKat on Aug 23, 11 12:27 AM
I am running Windows 7 on my laptop, and can't get the gems I find in the **** scenes to be added to my gem total. I have the game on my home pc running XP Pro, and it runs fine. I had an older version on the laptop, so I uninstalled and restarted the game. It brought me into the game in the same place, and again, the gems won't accumulate. I got 15 gems for the first mini-game that gives gems, and then I bought 10 gems after a while to see if that made a difference. It didn't. Still can't accumulate gems, so I can't open new doors except when I get enough gems from the various mini-games. Very frustrating!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 23, 11 1:03 PM
JammyKat, have you tried starting a new character and playing a few scenes just to see if you can get gems in the HOb scenes? It's possible your saved game is corrupt. If you can accumulate gems with the new game, you might want to just continue playing that new character.

And I assume you have already tried updating your Flash Player, Shockwave Player, DirectX, etc., but if you haven't try that first.

[Post New]by Amberdiel on Aug 23, 11 7:38 PM
On the subject of not being able to accept quests, I have about 5 new quests but can't scroll my list of quests to see if any of them are completed. I would like to continue playing the game if there is a workaround for this or if there is something I am not doing correctly.

It looks like I might have one quest that I can complete but I can't see the quest that the items belong to since they are below the bottom of the screen.

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 7:43:56 PM PST

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Aug 24, 11 12:47 AM
burf90 wrote:JammyKat, have you tried starting a new character and playing a few scenes just to see if you can get gems in the HOb scenes? It's possible your saved game is corrupt. If you can accumulate gems with the new game, you might want to just continue playing that new character.

And I assume you have already tried updating your Flash Player, Shockwave Player, DirectX, etc., but if you haven't try that first.

No, I didn't try a new character. I was expecting to have to start completely over when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it took right back to where I was. I will try the new character. Also, I haven't tried updating the Flash Player, etc., but it's a pretty new laptop and I think those were updated with some earlier games. I will give that a try just to be sure.

Thanks for the tips!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 24, 11 12:50 PM
Amberdiel wrote:On the subject of not being able to accept quests, I have about 5 new quests but can't scroll my list of quests to see if any of them are completed. I would like to continue playing the game if there is a workaround for this or if there is something I am not doing correctly.

It looks like I might have one quest that I can complete but I can't see the quest that the items belong to since they are below the bottom of the screen.

You can't complete quests on the Quests list. Go to your items list (lower left corner). It will list items for sale, but if you click Quest Items (top right), it will list the quest items you've collected and have a "Compete" button by any that can be completed. Click all the "Complete" buttons you see, then go back to your Quest list and see if you can now see the "Accept" buton.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 24, 11 12:55 PM
JammyKat wrote:No, I didn't try a new character. I was expecting to have to start completely over when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it took right back to where I was. I will try the new character. Also, I haven't tried updating the Flash Player, etc., but it's a pretty new laptop and I think those were updated with some earlier games. I will give that a try just to be sure.

Thanks for the tips!

You're welcome! I hope it helps. Flash Player is the culprit I'm betting on, so do that one first.

BTW, I have a new computer, too, but you'd be amazed how many updates I've done in the few months since I got it. Keep in mind that they sit on shelves in the stores for months before they come home with you, so even brand new out of the box PC's will have updates that can be installed the minute you turn them on for the first time.

[Post New]by zeldalaw on Aug 28, 11 11:37 AM
JammyKat - I was having the exact same issue with the gems not being recognized. I tried Burf's suggestion to set up a different name (I know my Flash player is the most recent). With some experimentation, I've found that I don't think you can accumulate gems by clicking on them in the rooms if you are playing in "relaxed" mode, only in "timed" mode. When I set up a new name to play under the first time, I played it in timed mode without even thinking about it; just because I wanted to try it really quick and that was the default and it worked then. When I tried to set up a third name, however, and used the relaxed mode, this time it didn't show the gems I had accumulated in the rooms.

So, apparently, that feature only works in the timed mode.

Hope this helps!!

[Post New]by Amberdiel on Aug 28, 11 2:13 PM
Burf, I went to quest items and do not have any that say 'complete'. I just updated Adobe Flash Player to newest version.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 30, 11 1:12 PM
Amberdiel wrote:Burf, I went to quest items and do not have any that say 'complete'. I just updated Adobe Flash Player to newest version.

Are you fairly early into the game? It's possible that you just need to keep playing until you complete some of the outstanding quests, so your list will shorten up some. If you're near the end of the game, though, then it's likely that you are encountering a glitch and need to do some additional updates to fix it. (BTW, you do have the new version installed, right? If not, uninstall the game and then reinstall it using a fresh download from BFG.)

The game engine can be a little confusing about the quests and how to accept and complete them. Here's some info that might help you and some of the others regarding quests:

-Quests are initially offered in or just before hidden objects scenes and you should accept them there.

-If you miss the initial offer somehow, you can also accept quests in the Quests list, however the Accept button can become hidden if the list of open quests becomes too long.

-As you collect Quest items, they will automatically be saved in your Quest Items list, even before you have been offered the quest that the item is needed for. They will never be sold in your Sale Items list.

-When you have collected all the needed items for a quest, you will have the opportunity to complete the quest immediately after you collect the last item (or finish the HOb scene where you found the last item - I forget which).

-If you miss the opportunity to complete the quest somehow, you can also complete it from the Quest Items list.

-It can take a number of HOb scenes to collect all the items needed for a quest, so don't expect that each quest will complete quickly.

-Not all objects found of a particular type will be a Quest Item. If you are looking for 3 boxes of tissues, you may have to find 4 or 5 in various HOb scenes to find the 3 you need for the quest.

-If you click quickly through or skip converstations that lead up to HOb scenes or take place immediately afterward, it is easy to miss your accept & complete chances for the quests.

Go to: