19,504 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 10:00 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Reviews for Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Aug 2, 11 12:26 AM
I think this is by the same creator as Chronicles of Albian, but in Albian the items were too small to see. This one has it just right. I did sometimes have trouble clicking on the objects - because I was laughing so hard. It has hilarious references to everything from Rembrant to Star Trek. Kids would love this game but only adults will get the jokes.

After about ten hours of play I had unlocked all the rooms, decorated the orphanage, and gotten the end of game credits, but at that point I was only about halfway through all the quests and mini-games. This game really delivers bang for the buck.

As a retired English teacher, I loved the fact that I didn't notice a single misspelled word or grammatical error. Everything about this game is well done. Nothing scary or mentally taxing, just relaxing and LOL fun. Not for people who hate junk pile scenes or want adventure games with just a smidgen of hidden objects, but a welcome change of pace from real life.

[Post New]by katsrplayin1 on Aug 11, 11 8:42 PM

This game is a really cute game. It is well worth the money to not only hours of game play but days..... the hidden object scenes are really good you have a hint that takes a bit before you can use it again also you have a fish that will help you from time to time if u click on it..
Lots of things to do.
you are fixing up an orphanage and you get 3 choices to what u want. Also later if u change you mind u can change it for more money.

That is one part of course you have **** games then u have additional different puzzle games that basicly are card games , something like mindsweeper but are jelly fish.. find the differnece in pictures, pipes lots more. that gives u a quick break but remember if you skip it you will not get the gems or coins. this game is well worth your money or game credit.. which is what i used. and it is something that you can play over and over without getting bored. BEWARE..... it takes lots of hours and time to finish.... which in my book is not a bad thing...

This game is good for all ages ....... not to hard and not to easy. also when you pruchase the game u can just play the puzzles if you would like which i find neat.

really cute game thanks BFg

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 26, 11 2:44 PM
I enjoyed playing this demo very much and was so disappointed when the time ran out! I love Gardenscapes, Farmscapes and Chronicles of Albian (in spite of that game's flaws, I love renovating a castle!), but this game looks to have a lot more things to renovate, since you can move the image of the orphanage around with your mouse to show areas that would otherwise be off-screen. Not keen on dialogue myself, but that won't stop me from buying this game. It's definitely on my must-buy list!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Oct 11, 11 8:27 PM
Bought it, love it! I haven't technically finished the game, because although I have done all the renovations, I still have four trophies to get, one of which is having 20,000 gold pieces in the bank! Of course, I can change any of my renovations, and unlike Gardenscapes and Farmscapes, the changes are cheap to do.

Some of the game are simple, others got hard enough that I just skipped them, and my one complaint was that in the spot-the-difference puzzles, there was no hint button, and if you got 9/10 and couldn't find the last difference, you just wasted your time, so I just started skipping those completely.

This was such a fun game, and paying attention to the dialogue could pay off in the "quiz" games, where you have to answer three multiple choice questions that are based on the goings on with the characters. I missed almost all of the questions for fast-forwarding through the dialogue. Live and learn!

For anyone who likes Gardenscapes, Farmscapes, or Chronicles of Albian (which I love in spite of it's too-small objects), you will certainly enjoy this!

PS: Does anyone who has played this wonder why the small fountain towards the back of the orphanage has water but the one in front of the orphanage doesn't? I was curious as to what it would have looked like (I love the fountains in Gardenscapes).

I did a trial of Driftwood Inn, renovating an inn, maybe I'll invest in that one, too.

Edit: Finally finished the game! After completing all the renovations, I set out to get the "20,000 in the bank" trophy. I accrued a number of quest items and HOG items, and got the last Hidden Object trophy, but after getting the 20,000 trophy, I still had about twenty quests left. I kept playing and finally got them all (so have all trophies), but I now have over 55,000 in the bank! I guess I can keep changing my renovations over and over since it costs only 50 to make a change. Wish I could take that money when I start a new game!

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 7:37:32 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Oct 12, 11 10:11 AM
I bought Driftwood Inn and really liked it. It's similar to this one and the others you mentioned. Lagoona is by the same people that created Albian, hence the similarities. (Some of the puzzles are even exactly the same.)

You might also like the 2 "Yard Sale Hidden Treasures" games - Sunnyville and Lucky Junction - and Fabulous Finds. Big Fish has them all.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Feb 19, 12 3:05 PM
I liked this one very much, & I don't usually like straight hidden object games. The game is a welcome change from all of the dark eerie games, it is bright, colourful & cheery, & a joy to play. You find items to earn money to help repair the orphanage. It is a great game for beginners & those that want light, cheerful non taxing entertainment.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 10, 12 1:25 PM
Review based upon completion of the storyline, which happened after 82 levels for me. As for achievements, up to that point I completed 39 out of 47.

An orphanage for fish is about to be torn down by an evil barracuda, and you are supposed to help the mermaid Islabelle to save the building. Judging by the number of puzzles, there are 160 regular levels plus a bunch of "Find 10 of the same thing" levels.

The Good:

+ VERY long game
+ very funny little stories
+ achievements
+ colourful, bright graphics
+ 20 different puzzles (from easy to getting very tough)

The Bad:

- since you are always looking for the same items in the same rooms the game length can become tedious

Favourite puzzles:

Nonograms
Puzzles
Untangle Web

Least favourite puzzles:

Find the Differences
Trivia (three questions about Lagoona, bit boring)
Three Strikes Memory (make three matching mistakes and start over)

Bottom Line: This is not my favourite sub genre since you are more or less always searching the same rooms for the same items that are put back into the scene. Puzzles have 8 levels and can become really tough. (My story ended at level 4 for all puzzles save for the ones that started level 5.) The funny story kept me hooked though.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Aug 11, 12 1:12 PM
I normally play darker, more complex games, but this was a very fun, relaxing change of pace. I loved all the little, geeky in-jokes (Wesley Wyndam-Pike!), and the mini-games were fun to play. I also really enjoyed being able to create a new look for the orphanage and grounds. This is a game the whole family can enjoy.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Aug 12, 12 10:10 AM
Oh, and if I could offer just one tip to the gamemakers: Make it easier to navigate around the orphanage grounds. There were times when I wanted to move between locations, and it was a clumsy process. But that's my only real gripe with the game.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Dec 4, 12 8:53 AM
I trialed this game after enjoying Farmington Tales. I like this one better. Nice, relaxing game with a good sense of humor.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Mar 31, 13 11:13 PM
Fabulous game. Very similar to Chronicles of Albian the Magic Convention (same dev?) and Gardenscapes. If you are tired of all the investigative /dark games, this is a lighthearted game with interesting puzzles in between the HOGS. Some of the objects are tricky to find, and I was glad 'Dora' the fish would swim by every so often to pont out an object (with no penalty).. Music is almost exactly the same as Albian-- very easy jazz, with cute dialog. I have played it 3 times already. My only complaint is that once you have 'finished' the game, you can replay any puzzles, but you can't replay the HOGS. In Albian, even though I had finished the game, I could still go back and play HOGS. Puzzles are fun. I had never p[layed Soduko before, and found I really enjoyed it!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 6, 13 2:06 AM
It's a nice change from the dark, spooky dingy dungeon filled with witches, warlocks, curses, ghosts and such. I like it and it was easy to play and very relaxing. Some times I need to switch to something easy like this rather than my time management games which I love.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 17, 13 12:39 PM
I'm having lots of fun with this game. Love so much about it. I'm a fan of renovation games, so I'm enjoying repairing and beautifying the orphanage and grounds. There are lots and lots of hidden object scenes. But since puzzles are interspersed as you go along, and there are quest items to gather, jewels to collect and magazines to watch for, etc., the numerous hidden object scenes didn't seem as monotonous to me as they do in some hidden object games. I am also a fan of working for trophies and this game offers that option as well.

So, if you are looking for a game with with colorful scenes, many different things to do and trophies to work for, give this one a try. It is also a very long game. I think it's a great value!

Classicaljazz

Go to: