Hello from developers!

Re:Hello from developers!

[Post New]by sean_harrold on Jul 5, 11 2:49 PM
Dear Dev_Danny,

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

May you be what David couldn't.
Cherish every moment with him.
Teach him well.
And on the eve of his 7th birthday tuck him into bed,
Tell him a wonderful bedtime story, the best one you have ever told him.
Remember that moment in your mind forever.
Lay in your bed knowing that his Magic Story is just the beginning.

But don't follow him. Sometimes little boys and little girls need to go on their own adventures. They need to take their own steps.

All the best my friend on this wondrous adventure that is parenthood.

And thank you Lesta team for such an amazing game.

~Sean

[Post New]by Meditrina on Jul 5, 11 4:11 PM
Congrats, Danny! The boy will cut into your game playing/free time, but the rewards are immense.

I never post, but was interested in this game, and after purchasing a couple games here recently that turned out to be big fat DOO DOO, I wanted to research before commiting 14 clams. Going to download now and extremely enthusiastic at the response and the involvement of your team. Kudos!

Kiss that little fishie often. Soon, he will be (like mine) 17 and WTC (way too cool) for kisses. Most of the time. ;-)

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 5, 11 4:23 PM
I must have missed something, did he mention having a new baby somewhere? I didn't remember reading about it and I just went back through this thread and didn't see it.

[Post New]by annettesstuck on Jul 5, 11 4:51 PM
why cant I get 12 eyes?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 5, 11 6:34 PM

I really enjoyed playing this game It is the kind that I love. BUT I cannot finish the game because I cant get see or get the pallette or matches to put on Emily's present. Am I missing something I should o or have done? Please help so I can go on to the bonus section.

bbelle

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 5, 11 11:38 PM
Hi there fishes!
Yes my wife delivered a beautiful son yesterday! In fact that was the reason I asked Vladimir to join the forums and reply to your comments! I will try to catch up and reply to you all as soon as I can!
Thank you all very much!

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 5, 11 11:44 PM

I am really sorry you have encountered this problem, and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience

A fix to this problem is already available, please see the
New version available for Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition - July 5th 2011 thread to see the description how to overcome this problem.

Sorry one more time.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 6, 11 12:04 AM
Dev_Danny wrote:Hi there fishes!
Yes my wife delivered a beautiful son yesterday! In fact that was the reason I asked Vladimir to join the forums and reply to your comments! I will try to catch up and reply to you all as soon as I can!
Thank you all very much!
Congratulations with your son!

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 6, 11 12:15 AM
Hi Kelvarda!

Sorry I didn’t reply to you yesterday! Now I’ve talked to the artists and here’s what they are saying:

You are right with Dali! His works as well as works of other surrealists affected the art style greatly! Also we looked closely at early Disney works, and modern concept artists like Michael Kutsche and James Paick. Another great reference was the nature, as sometimes it could be more surreal then you can imagine.

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 6, 11 12:17 AM
Thanks dobbiemijnboekje!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 6, 11 2:48 AM
Congratulations, that's great news!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 6, 11 4:33 AM
Dev_Danny wrote:Hi Kelvarda!

Sorry I didn’t reply to you yesterday! Now I’ve talked to the artists and here’s what they are saying:

You are right with Dali! His works as well as works of other surrealists affected the art style greatly! Also we looked closely at early Disney works, and modern concept artists like Michael Kutsche and James Paick. Another great reference was the nature, as sometimes it could be more surreal then you can imagine.

Thank you for your reply Danny, and I look forward to the next game from your studio.

And my congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your son

Kel

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 6, 11 4:42 AM
if I had known about the problem on getting the dang eyes, than I would have saved the game credits I used to get this game. rip me off 1x it's a ugh oh. rip me 2x thumbs down. 3x black ball creators and web site that sells it.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 6, 11 5:10 AM
Hey Dev_Danny--A BIG congratulations to you and Ms. Dev_Danny on the birth of a son! What a great experience! Hope you're ready!!!

Dev_Danny & Dev V--A wonderful gift you've given us, no matter where we live! Now, by "gift," I don't mean just the game--I also mean your presence in a forum where you can get feedback. Very few developers have the moxie to do that!

I've just started the game, so I'm not quite ready to do a review, but I've got a feeling that it'll be a s one!

Regards, elldee

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 6, 11 5:12 AM
crazy8club wrote:if I had known about the problem on getting the dang eyes, than I would have saved the game credits I used to get this game. rip me off 1x it's a ugh oh. rip me 2x thumbs down. 3x black ball creators and web site that sells it.
There is a new version!

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 6, 11 7:44 AM
Thank you very much everybody! I'm totally over the Moon today!

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 6, 11 7:52 AM
Hello crazy8club,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the game. You can check New version available for Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition -July 5th 2011 thread, I greatly hope that the latest version available on the site will solve your problem.

Sorry one more time!

Dev_Danny
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Dev_Danny on Jul 6, 11 7:54 AM
Hey elldee2728!
Great words! Thank you very much! I think one can never be ready, but I hope we are as ready as only possible.

I can't wait to read your review!!! Thanks!

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Jul 6, 11 11:43 AM
Great to have insight from Danny! Congrats also on the new little one!!!

I'm a pretty mellow person so in that context may I say that even after uninstalling and reinstalling the updated version and w/a new profile...this game was so unbelievably slow that I gave up and uninstalled. I was trying it out so I didnt purchase. Sorry! I dont like to have to do alot of tweeks on my end w/a game...I just pass them by...my computer is always updated w/drivers, etc. and I have alot of memory to use. So, guess what I'm going to do is just keep up w/the forums on this one to see if down the road it will be worth trying again.

Still smiling though!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 6, 11 5:43 PM
dev Danny congrats on your new baby

I was very impressed by you showing an interest on how/what the players thought.

Had not originally decided to purchase game and I have no idea why right now. After seeing your interest in the players and the majority of thumbs up for this game I am now purchasing this game.

Thanks again for showing up.

Have a happy day

Go to: