enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

Re:Comments for Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 7, 11 4:03 PM
Omgomgomg...the worse game ever...run for your lives and your time....it took 6 minutes to get my name in...that tells u how yucky it is...

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 7, 11 4:19 PM
enigma5619 wrote: Omgomgomg...the worse game ever...run for your lives and your time....it took 6 minutes to get my name in...that tells u how yucky it is...

lol

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 7, 11 4:52 PM
enigma5619 wrote: Omgomgomg...the worse game ever...run for your lives and your time....it took 6 minutes to get my name in...that tells u how yucky it is...

LOL As you can see I agree with you and because of posting in wrong place earned my first blocked thread!

Edited on 07/07/2011 at 5:18:53 PM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 7, 11 7:18 PM
peglegann wrote:
Lucy1997 wrote:Maybe I'm just tired, so I'm going to bed.

I don't think that you are too tired, as I am still having problems with the safe, also, the hint is useless, as once it points you to something it will not point there again, so nothing happens. Have a good sleep.

I came back and tried to complete the demo, but, when I realized that I had been clicking trying to find eight more crowbars without luck because the game had frozen my computer (though the cursor was still moving....), I deleted the game.

Ann, I think you were right: I wasn't just tired; this game needed some more work!

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Jul 7, 11 7:46 PM
belamba wrote:This has to be one of the worst games ever! The stupid black shutters when changing scene, dark fuzzy graphics, and the awful 'click on a piece very slowly one at a time to pad the game out' laborious jigsaws!
Roll on tomorrow............

Totally agree.............made it to the first fuzzy black gray puzzle pieces and had enough! Couldn't delete it fast enough. Usually I try to finish the whole trial, but not this one. And I realize some games are made out of the USA, but please for the love of mike, find a translator who can at least but some verbs and adjectives in those sentences..........sorry I am a stickler for proper grammer, but this was horrible!! NO buy at any price for me.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 7, 11 8:57 PM

OK, I couldn't believe the game was as bad as the reviews so I gave it a try.

My comment:
This game production seems more like a senior class project for extra credit.

Sorry, new devs. It just wasn't ready for the commercial market.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 7, 11 10:22 PM
After having made two quite negative comments about the game, I wanted to post some constructive criticism since this game appears to be from a new developer.

The art work was interesting, but it was often too dark to find some of the items. This afternoon I realized (thanks to the hint button) that I literally couldn't see some of the items: one was in a black space that looked, well, just like a black space. I don't mind cleverly hidden items--they are part of the fun of hidden object games!--but items you literally can't see don't feel fair. I don't know how much individual computers make in the color tone of a game, but on my computer this game was much too dark.

The story in Silent Evil didn't make sense to me because it was totally disjointed: you start off with finding newspapers that seem to build up your hint button (though I'm not even sure about that) and then you are in scenes that have no apparent connection. The real trick for developers is to have a strong narrative that they can tell without too much blah-blah (which I hate) but that answers the question WHY we are playing the game. People hit the "buy" button because they want to see how the game ends. This story didn't engage me because I'm not even sure who Kate is, let alone why I should want to rescue her. (And, by the way, I think the male figure that you see in so many scenes is supposed to be the player, but, like a lot of BFG gamers, I'm female, so I kept thinking he was part of the "evil.")

I thought that a couple of the minigames were quite innovative: the tile game where you construct pictures was at first disconcerting and then fun, as was the "find the letter" game. But both games were less fun the second and the third time because I knew what the schtick was. I'm all for innovation, but repetitive innovation gets old too, so I think you need to have some variation in the mini-games. (By the way, I thought the correlation between the lock and the paintings was quite clever--although that's probably because I "got" it!) Also, listen to the request for different levels of play because experienced players don't want sparkles: we like to wander around on our own.

If the developers are following this thread, I'm sure that they would find many volunteers for a beta for their next game (count me in!): most of us are experienced gamers, and, although our criticisms can be harsh, our primary interest is in having great games to play!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 7, 11 10:47 PM
Hey there Lucy,
Well said. I must admit that I my thoughts on the game were very similar to yours, but I couldn't be "bothered" putting them as clearly as you have above.
I do hope the developers pop in and take note.
(I don't want to stir the pot about this but maybe you could try posting this as a separate topic "advise to devs" or something to make it more accessible - might get locked, but at least it will be "out there" and as far as I can see, very relevant to this game. )
Cheers

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 10, 11 9:16 AM
What an absolutely terrible game!! I knew after 5 minutes that it wasn't for me. What is with those puzzles? Boring, boring, boring.

Very dark hidden object scenes, dark, blurry graphics, repetetive puzzles.

There was a resemblance with the main character to Dominic Crane.

You couldn't skip inbetween scenes, and it took ages to move to the next scene.

No clicking penalty.

Definitely NO buy for me.

ETA The only thing I enjoyed about this game was the music was kind of creepy, and it made me jump a few times.

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 9:19:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jul 10, 11 9:51 AM
I tried this game out and horrible doesn't even begin to describe it. This may be the worst BFG game I have ever played. Forget about the syntax and grammar with the text, the interface was awkward and the game was confusing and very disjointed.

Possible Spoiler:

What also annoyed me was the combination for the safe. The 2 pictures in the room said 19th century and 20th century paintings. I thought I got the gist of it. The 19th century is the 1800s and the 20th centuiry is the 1900s. So I put 1819, but it didn't work. That's why I came here. I was on the right track, but it turns out you had to put in 1920. That is, the name of the centuries, not the years they represent.

Anyway, bad game. Not recommended.

bigpescador
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by bigpescador on Jul 11, 11 12:20 PM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:

Possible Spoiler:

What also annoyed me was the combination for the safe. The 2 pictures in the room said 19th century and 20th century paintings. I thought I got the gist of it. The 19th century is the 1800s and the 20th centuiry is the 1900s. So I put 1819, but it didn't work. That's why I came here. I was on the right track, but it turns out you had to put in 1920. That is, the name of the centuries, not the years they represent.

Anyway, bad game. Not recommended.

annoyed

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 11, 11 4:03 PM
This game is very clunky. It's hard to get in and out of scenes and as everyone else previously stated it's way too dark. I got to the first puzzle and went to look for pickaxes, again in the dark. Exit to main screen. Quickly uninstall. This won't even go on my daily deal list.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 13, 11 2:47 PM
Parts of this game I quite enjoyed and parts just made me wonder what the Devs were thinking, or if they were thinking at all . Like the old saying goes "when it was good, it was very good ( I liked finding the puzzle pieces and the general ambiance[spooky voices,etc.] of the game and I had no Tech problems) but, when it was bad (dark hidden objects on equally dark backgrounds were impossible to find, fuzzy graphics) it was awful". That said, since I did like parts of the game I would purchase as a DD or COTW but not even with a punch code otherwise. Sorry and Devs (back to the drawing board) but this is a NO Buy for me.
Happy Gaming Fishies

Go to: