schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Comments for Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 9, 11 7:57 PM
Thanks BF, really enjoyed this game. Was well worth the the free game credit.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 9, 11 11:06 PM
This was a HUGE disappointment for me. I played the beta, which was last year, and they made many changes - and not for the better. Too much help, too linear, too many sparkles, and I really didn't like the washing out of the scenes except for the things you could click on. As a beta, this was fairly challenging, but not now. I'm on the fence about buying. The story is good, but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.

You would think by now that the developers would know to put a hard level in for those of us who don't like handholding. (Some games tell you no sparkles in the hard mode, and the sparkles are still there. I just don't get it.)

[Post New]by cmartin1945 on Jul 10, 11 2:31 PM
So far I have enjoyed the game sparkles and all. But I am stuck with the broken film. I have the reel in place and I can't figure out what to do. I have not missed anything according to the pictures and the hint button points back to the area to fix the broken reels. HOW

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 10, 11 3:09 PM
I'm loving the way this game is going and am definitely going to buy it. I do dislike the bright flashes when the game wants you to look at something. A magnifying glass would have been enough. I love the name of the objects turning green when you are close. So far I've ignored that and only used it when I'm near the end and can't find something. In my opinion, it's much better than waiting for a hint to recharge all the time.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 10, 11 9:50 PM
The sparkles did annoy me, because the hand-holding through the whole game was unnecessary since the actions were relatively straightforward. But it was a very good game nonetheless, because the playing time was long, the graphics were very good, and it had a good storyline. The ending wasn't abrupt and was nicely ambiguous if you watched the credits all the way through and then clicked on the screen.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 11, 11 12:02 AM
"beeeeeeeeeeeeeep" this has been a test of whether your monitor can handle 1000 lumens of brightness for a period lasting more than one hour... if this had been a real emergency, there would have been more flashes than when the paparazzi gathered for the royal wedding... again, this is only a test!

Koodle
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Koodle on Jul 14, 11 7:09 AM
Won't be buying this one. I'd like to at least have a little bit of a challenge. My gosh, even the hidden object scenes are handed to you.

It's one thing to want an easier game, but it's completely another thing to have a game that practically plays itself.

It's too bad, because they could have easily pleased everyone by offering different play modes.

Devs, please consider re-releasing this one with different playing mode options. I REALLY want to play this game without all the "help". And while you're at it, could you change those annoying, headache inducing flashes to a more pleasant sparkle?

Thanks.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 7:10:29 AM PST

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 14, 11 4:07 PM
Great game! no technical issues on my Win7 pc.
Graphics are decent, hints recharge fast, and the game lasts a long time!
The ending is good too!

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Jul 14, 11 4:35 PM
There was a few unanswered questions but in general it was a good game...A little easy but sometimes I like them......Thanks it was pretty good game lol

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Jul 14, 11 4:35 PM
There was a few unanswered questions but in general it was a good game...A little easy but sometimes I like them......Thanks it was pretty good game lol

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Jul 16, 11 7:38 PM
I loved this game... everything about it. The storyline, the main character, the music, the hidden object scenes, the mini puzzles. Definite buy.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jul 19, 11 4:02 PM
I wasn't too sure about this one at first, but the more I kept playing, the more I liked it. There are a couple of things I found annoying about the game, like that you can't turn the sparkles off and even the sparkles themselves really got on my nerves the way they flash.

The graphics I thought are good, although slightly grainy. The sound is okay.

I also thought that the item name in the list going green when you are near it makes it too easy, but as long as I don't look at the item list when searching, it's not too bad. I suppose it would be helpful if I was really stuck, because I don't like using hints.

All in all, I think this game is good and it doesn't seem to be too short, so it's a buy for me.

[Post New]by dasmoehrchen on Jul 28, 11 9:35 AM
This one gets my vote for game of the year!

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Aug 1, 11 1:23 PM
Bpup wrote:The sparkles did annoy me, because the hand-holding through the whole game was unnecessary since the actions were relatively straightforward. But it was a very good game nonetheless, because the playing time was long, the graphics were very good, and it had a good storyline. The ending wasn't abrupt and was nicely ambiguous if you watched the credits all the way through and then clicked on the screen.

Oops - I may have missed that part - can anyone PM about what happens AFTER the credits???

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 6, 12 7:55 PM
I bought this because Pandora's Box is one of my fave games and am just now getting around to playing it. All I can say is... what the heck happened??? Pandora's Box was awesome... this one... not so much.

It's so boring...

Go to: