bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post any Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 9, 11 10:15 PM
This page finally popped up. I put my problems in the regular forum because technical forum didn't appear. My problem was the game froze up on me 7 times throughout the game. I had to manually shut down my computer. Ctl/alt/del wouldn't close the game. There were a couple of times the game shut down and I had to click on the task bar to access the game. The game always kept the scene I was on when I had the problems which was a surprise. I did enjoy the game though.

M2Gooner
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by M2Gooner on Jul 10, 11 12:29 AM
kmns11 wrote:
M2Gooner wrote:SPOILER: Have gotten almost to the end of the game without any problems. That is, until I get to the vampire's coffin and then the game "kicks" me out and closes. When I reopen the game and try to resume from that point it "kicks" me out and closes again. It lets me start as a new profile but I don't want to start at the beginning again -- quite frustrating. I've also tried re-booting and that didn't help either. I haven't had any other problems thus far with sound, freezing, speed, jittery mouse, etc. My OS system is Windows XP (current with all MS updates) and I have plenty of memory. Also, while playing the game I have my security software running in game mode. Is there a patch/update needed or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem! Uninstalled and re-installed, but no luck. Help!

I uninstalled and re-installed, did a hard reboot and still the same problem. Grrrr! I hate when I can't finish a game.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 10, 11 12:51 AM
Okay BF .....I was prepared to forgive you, but now I don't know....hmmm...Joined the club a little over a month ago, because after all kinds of research , found it to be the best out there, thought so anyway. but now , it's like the 3rd game in three weeks that I've had a problem with . I got stuck right away on the motorcycle scene . It would freeze up there , every time I went there. I backed out of the game and went back in and got the bottle, the handle and the clippers and used the handle and the clippers, but when I went to use the bottle , motorcycle scene froze up on me again. Couldn't get past it to get gas, so couldn't go any further in the game. Looked like a good one too - just my speed. Any ideas on what to try? (Oh yeah, I reloaded the game too) Thanks for any help you can give me....

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jul 10, 11 3:01 AM
I was in the mine, about 80% finished, when my game also crashed. It was late so I shut my laptop down and went to bed. Tried the game this morning, without re-installing, and it worked fine, although appeared to have jumped past a scene. I managed to complete the game without any other problems.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 10, 11 8:40 AM
TAZZ1965 wrote:went to take a picture of the last red gem when the program froze, retried to enter the game and i can't. I will try to delete and reinstall but I will hate to have lost all the progress I've made. Just can't believe it waited to the end of the game to act crazy! error screen pops up and reads access violation @0x72617473 tried to read from 0x72617473 program terminated

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 10, 11 8:57 AM
[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Jul 9, 11 10:16 AM
went to take a picture of the last red gem when the program froze, retried to enter the game and i can't. I will try to delete and reinstall but I will hate to have lost all the progress I've made. Just can't believe it waited to the end of the game to act crazy! error screen pops up and reads access violation @0x72617473 tried to read from 0x72617473 program terminated

I've just got the same error message as i went to climb down ladder at bridge. I've had to Ctrl/Alt/Del 3 times and all I get when I restart the game is a black screen with Skip at the top. This is the 3rd bad game in as many weeks. I used a credit for this rubbish.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jul 10, 11 9:23 AM
I'm having the same slow cursor/freezing problems as everyone else. My husband is a computer programmer and he says it sounds like a memory leak which is a problem with the game, not with any of our computer's so until they fix this game problem, there is nothing any of us can do to make it work.

Edited on 07/10/2011 at 9:24:27 AM PST

kgrnpc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kgrnpc on Jul 10, 11 10:11 AM
truddi wrote:[b][i]Here we go again, yet another game that I cannot play. A slow and sluggish

cursor makes it impossible. I have had this problem with a few games recently.

Am dissapointed yet again.

Going to be a long weekend with nothing new to pass the time.

I agree w/you. All of the games recently that are not Collectors Edition, are unplayable. I can barely put in player name and then it takes a half an hour just to get out of the game that has not even started. Especially when you have the game coupons, that you can't use for Collectors Edition. Somethings need to change, again.

[Post New]by noames69 on Jul 10, 11 10:46 AM
Having the same issue - game crashing and booting me out when I get to the coffin. This is the second game in a week I've had an issue with.. To be honest BFG, I use your games to relax and have fun - not relaxed, nor am I having fun atm and strongly considering giving you guys a time out until this stuff gets sorted out.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Jul 10, 11 11:28 AM
I played this game as a beta tester and had problems like many are reported. I attempted to report these issues, but the survey only asked if I could play without significant tech issues, when I clicked "no" I was given no chance to elaborate, the survey just ended. This is the SECOND time I have beta tested and seen the game get released with the same issues the testers complained about. Why bother have people test the game if the problems they find aren't addressed? In order to get through the beta test I was only able to play up till the point you open the gate near the fire truck. To get to that point my computer had been crashed by this game no less than 5 times. Why was the game released like this?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 10, 11 11:44 AM
Hey fishies,

I jst wanted to remind you that if your game still isn't running properly after completing the steps in our Help pages, please contact Tech Support to get one-on-one assistance.

Based on some of the issues that have been reported in this thread so far, here are a few suggested Help pages:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by ddixon41 on Jul 10, 11 2:12 PM
Wow I can't believe the problems this game has .It froze up so many times then you never went back to where you were. I almost finished I think I got all the jewelsand it froze when itt went back I had three loosy jewels. Tired of game that do this

furrondie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by furrondie on Jul 10, 11 5:50 PM
Same as many others, kicked me out of the game about 4 times.

Got past the coffin, have the fuse and handcuffs but cannot find where to get the dynamite and lighter. Checked with the walkthrough, have to find a hidden object game in mine 1 and mine 2 scene but having gone over the whole mine scenes cannot activate a hidden object window. Tried last night and again today after shutting down computer for the night. Hoped the walkthrough would have been the answer, but no hidden object.

So for now, can't finish the game and really disappointed. I am really afraid to download and try todays CE as we have had way too many problems with the games the past few months. Very discouraged and disappointed!

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Jul 10, 11 7:55 PM
I had just gotten to the Vampire Bite and the whole thing shut down with an error message that a problem caused the probem??????? No kidding. HELP!

[Post New]by jmarie541 on Jul 10, 11 7:58 PM
I'm nearing the end of the game, and am missing one jewel from the heart pendant. I'm missing it from the first scene (motorcycle crash) and my photos show me that I should be able to take a photo of the tree, but there is no camera available. Other than this, I have had no issues with the game - it all played very well and I enjoyed playing it.

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jul 11, 11 9:46 AM
I'm having tech issues as well but not as major as the rest.

My audio and graphics have been great. Custom works fine.

My issue is that after I have played the game for a good length of time (1 hour,2 hours) I get a message saying the game has stopped working and shuts down.

It has happened about 3 or 4 times. When I restart the game, it plays fine but I have lost a little bit of progress and have to replay.

My adobe (flash\shock), graphic card, and the like were updated before the game was installed.

I did an uninstall on the game and game manager but that isn't helping.

I'm doing yet another one.

I am in queue with Live Chat so I'm just waiting for my turn.

[Post New]by nancylpn on Jul 11, 11 2:44 PM
Lost the endjng too. Have the fuse and handcuffs, but can't use thm anywhere. All scenes say "nohing to do here right ow."

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Jul 11, 11 2:54 PM
M2Gooner wrote:SPOILER: Have gotten almost to the end of the game without any problems. That is, until I get to the vampire's coffin and then the game "kicks" me out and closes. When I reopen the game and try to resume from that point it "kicks" me out and closes again. It lets me start as a new profile but I don't want to start at the beginning again -- quite frustrating. I've also tried re-booting and that didn't help either. I haven't had any other problems thus far with sound, freezing, speed, jittery mouse, etc. My OS system is Windows XP (current with all MS updates) and I have plenty of memory. Also, while playing the game I have my security software running in game mode. Is there a patch/update needed or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I am having the exact same issue. I paid for the game. What a rip. Windows XP here also.

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Jul 11, 11 4:57 PM
Same problem here. Updated all drivers, checked compatibility, run as admin and I still get the access violation 0x72617473.

I hope this gets fixed soon or we get a credit.

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Jul 11, 11 5:32 PM
There have been several games over the past few months that I have had the same problems with that many are reporting here, extremely slow and jerky cursor movement, slow fades from one scene to another, etc. However, when I played the demo for this game, it seemed to work just fine. But now that I've purchased the game, I'm having the exact same problems listed above and finally the game froze on me causing me to do the CTL-ALT-DEL in order to get the task manager up so I could close the game. I was not at all surprised to see the task manager showing the game as not responding. I've already tried almost everything that the techs have thrown my way to identify this/these problems, wondering if it was my computer, but now I know it's not my computer, the R&D people who develop some of these games causing the issues. My guess, these developers think we've all got the latest OS on our computers, the most advanced graphics cards and video/game drivers installed, etc. Well, most of us don't, so quit making games in such a way that the majority of players cannot play them on their home computers.

Go to: