Re:Reviews for Jigsaws Galore

[Post New]by Johaas on May 31, 12 4:55 PM
I've owned Jigsaws Galore for several years now and I can say, without a doubt, it's the best jigsaw game out there. It gives you the most options and control. You can re-size pieces, select the type of shape pieces, lighten or darken the ghost image, change the background color, and lots more. I've looked at almost every jigsaw game out there and this is the best!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 31, 12 6:03 PM
I've said it before in another thread, but I'll say it again here: over the years I have tried every jigsaw game BF offers, and turned down every one...because they didn't live up to my beloved Jigsaws Galore. I was one happy fishie when BF started offering this, and I bought it as soon as I saw it.

THE BEST jigsaw game out there, for all the reasons so many have stated, and because the dev regularly stops by and answers questions.

If you like jigsaws at all, give this one a try!

(out of a possible 5)

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jun 1, 12 3:39 PM
Killed another thread. D***, I'm good.

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Jun 5, 12 6:55 AM
Hi C******2001

calsmom2001 wrote:Killed another thread. D***, I'm good.

I sincerely hope you haven't killed this thread! Love your sense of humor, though.

Sorry, I haven't been getting back here as often lately, shame there's no way to get an e-mail notification when a particular forum gets bumped. That would be a nice new BFG feature.

Thanks so much for your recommendations, you are a ***********

~ David

[Post New]by RickSchoenborn on Nov 18, 12 2:14 PM
I have been playing this for a couple of months now and I love it. In Windows 7 you could make a puzzle from the wallpaper and since 7 has lots of beautiful wallpapers it was great. Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 8 and now when I try to create a puzzle from wallpaper it gets an error saying the wallpaper is the wrong kind of file. Bummer!

[Post New]by Jigsaws_Galore on Nov 19, 12 1:16 PM
RickSchoenborn wrote:I have been playing this for a couple of months now and I love it. In Windows 7 you could make a puzzle from the wallpaper and since 7 has lots of beautiful wallpapers it was great. Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 8 and now when I try to create a puzzle from wallpaper it gets an error saying the wallpaper is the wrong kind of file. Bummer!

This should have been posted under "Post any Jigsaws Galore technical issues".

I'm not seeing a problem with the wallpaper feature under Windows 8 - the supplied wallpapers appear to be jpg files and open correctly on my Windows 8 computer. So I'm guessing you have some third party wallpapers, which are not in .jpg format, or any format that the game recognizes.

The wallpaper images in Windows are in C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper. In the game, press the Create... button and select "Create from picture file" and then "Look in desktop pictures" and then navigate in that screen to that folder. You should be able to select from all your wallpaper images in that screen, but there may be other images in formats that the game does not recognize. If you get stuck you can always get the image on the screen using some other image viewer program, then use the game's capture method instead, bypassing the import process.

~ David

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jan 22, 13 8:32 AM
I love this game! I've created beautiful puzzles from wallpapers, concept art, and all sorts of images from the internet. As a Daily Deal today, it can't be beat!

[Post New]by sullerino1 on Apr 14, 13 9:38 PM
Jigsaws_Galore wrote:
jeannemaria wrote:Last night i tried to download this game for Trial. It seems like a game i would like. Near the end of the download a Message popped up to install a program. I did NOT want to do that. I don't want to run the risk of damage to my computer programmes. The Game downloaded and i got a Desktop icon of Jigsaws Galore, but I can NOT play it. It says: Cannot find import: DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "openall 32dll" error 126.

Has anyone else had the same problems? I don't know what to do. If Big Fish can guarantee it is absolutely safe then i will first delete and then re-install "Jigsaws Galore".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, this is the developer. You can check with BigFishGames but I think this just means that during the install you didn't say OK when prompted to install OpenAL. OpenAL (Open Audio Library) handles the sound effects that the game plays and the game won't run if this file is not present. OpenAL is a well known audio library and the file in question is distributed by Creative Labs, so no problem there. Please install again and you should be all set.

~ David

[Post New]by Jynx0854 on Feb 16, 14 2:09 PM
Great puzzle game. Love playing on the computer vs on a table. Wish I could load new puzzles since I completed all in the games I downloaded initially. Thx Big Fish!

[Post New]by dmerz0711 on Feb 21, 14 6:33 AM
love the jigsaws galore...have been looking for another site similar to this one. Ive worked these sooo many times, need some new ones. Guess I just like the way these work, the clear pics, etc. Have tried the other jigsaw games...ugh!!! don't want to go there! Are there any others that I can try?

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Mar 27, 14 9:50 PM
This is so much fun to play. Also very addicting. The photos are beautiful. Play it every evening. Will start putting some family photos on to do. Thank you BFG for bringing this game to us

[Post New]by gram_orboys on Jun 15, 14 10:44 PM
It is nice to have a puzzle game that does not take off across the board if you are not right on a piece. This is very relaxing and I play before bed. Nice the way the picture fills the screen when completed. I haven't tried all of the different settings except the fun and number of pieces. Well worth owning and hogging!

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Sep 1, 14 1:04 AM
One of the best things about this jigsaw game is the ability to add your own pictures. Using Windows snipping tool and Google/Bing search for images, I've added over 1300 pictures to work with.
Being able to have multiple trays is a plus, and when you put two pieces together they don't disappear off the tray to the main puzzle window, like the other puzzle series does.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Sep 1, 14 3:26 AM
I've had Jigsaws Galore since the last time it was a DD, which was quite a while ago, and I still enjoy it frequently. Gameplay is solid and is, as others have said, the best jigsaw game out there. Making your own is easy and keeps the game going. If you like jigsaws and you're pondering whether to go for today's DD, go for it! It's definitely worth the price and you won't be sorry.

[Post New]by jessespooky on Sep 6, 14 7:58 PM
Bought this about a week ago and have played at least a couple of the pictures each day. Nice selection of pics to choose from. So far have only made puzzles of 300 pieces and tried all of the offered shapes. Love it! As others have mentioned choosing shapes, etc., was very easy, and I am eager to try some of the other tools and loading my own pics to it. A good game for beginners on up as you can choose larger sizes and also have a smaller number of pieces to use. More experienced can choose smaller sized pieces if you wish. I love the fact that if you page back from a unfinished puzzle that it saves everything as you left it. Have fun!

Go to: