Re:Reviews for Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Seventh Gate

[Post New]by mkrauspe on Aug 19, 11 10:20 PM
I was very disappointed in this game. I love hidden object games and match 3, however this one took me less than 2 hours to finish. I feel it's a rip off because it's such a short game. Buyer beware.

[Post New]by litynode on Aug 25, 11 7:03 PM
WTH.. I have brought and downloaded this game, deleted it and downloaded again. All I keep getting is a blank screen. I played for about 6o seconds and then it just froze.... Total waste of money... I am now deleting for good...

Sandyinuk
Manatee
Manatee
3,577 Posts

[Post New]by Sandyinuk on Sep 4, 11 4:43 AM
total crap, wish I had not bothered,so boring,love HOG games but this is awful

[Post New]by homeagain on Oct 7, 11 1:32 PM
I have purchased the game. It is slow going because so many of the objects are so well hidden. Don't much like the timer, either. I am now at the gate which needs a key to open. I have a key in my inventory but it doesn't work. Is the key supposed to be in the scene that I'm in? I can't find it. Please help me if you know the answer. I would like to get to the end of the game because I do enjoy it. Thanks

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Oct 15, 11 6:10 AM
Jewel Quest should of stayed a match 3 game like the first one. This is getting old, mixing hidden object games with match 3 games. Plus the items are to small and the coins and jewels are getting harder to find. They are dark and don't look like jewels or coins!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 19, 11 3:03 PM
jinocchio49 wrote:I really enjoy the game to a point. I just cannot truly enjoy a game 100% when it is timed. Please, devs, couldn't you make a game with a relaxed mode for those of us who like to take our own good time to play? This game was difficult enough just trying to find the objects!

I totally agree. Why do we need a time limit? It's a no buy for me

ahma2
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ahma2 on Nov 12, 11 9:07 AM
jinocchio49 wrote:I really enjoy the game to a point. I just cannot truly enjoy a game 100% when it is timed. Please, devs, couldn't you make a game with a relaxed mode for those of us who like to take our own good time to play? This game was difficult enough just trying to find the objects!

That¨s a point for me too. I tried this game but when I noticed that there is a timing I decided not to buy it. Why not make two levels: with timing or no timing??????

[Post New]by gameloving on Nov 17, 11 12:36 PM
I am having trouble getting the key to open the drawer in the screen I love big fish games I think they are getting a little to hard finding the way to open things. and should be able to spik the part we can't finish. JEWEL Quest Mysteries The seventh
Gate can anyone tell how to get the drawer open in the first screen Thanks
Gameloving

[Post New]by gameloving on Nov 17, 11 3:33 PM
I love Bigfish games they are getting a little harder and to many is Adventure games
and few good long Hidden objects game. Buty i had always had good luck with Big Fish games they have always solve the prolbems for me. Gameloving

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 20, 12 10:18 AM
I like match 3 but don't like the mix of match 3 and HOG. The items are too hard to find. Played 5 minutes and bored.

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Jul 8, 12 9:04 AM
Impossible for me! The time alloted is too short for me to move on!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 9, 12 11:38 AM
A very frustrating "no buy" for me. Found the game a bit confusing, a lot of items to collect and they were very small and blurry and therefore very hard to find. Some items didn't even respond to the click. You had to be sure you clicked on the exact spot on the item...total HOS which got really boring. I lasted about 15 minutes. A definate 1 in my book. I like a game with more to it than this one has to offer.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Aug 20, 12 9:59 AM
This is definitely a NO BUY for me. I really like the game, & would have bought it IF it were available in an UN-TIMED mode, & with unlimited hints, or at least a chance to get more hints than what is avail. Plus, if you run out of time, which I did, you have to start all over from the beginning of the whole level, not just the section/location you're on when you run out of time. Plus, it seemed like there was 26 mins. first off, but when it started over, it was 20. ? ! That's another reason NOT to buy it. Too bad. I definitely would have bought it, especially as the DD, but nope, not this one.

Edited on 08/20/2012 at 10:26:45 AM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 20, 12 12:34 PM
If No option for an Un-Timed mode I won't even bother to try ,,
Have spent most of my working lifetime on the clock and same for commuter train time! Want to be able to relax without a timer clicking away

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 22, 12 11:13 AM
I do not like timed games but I am really enjoying this one , having the timer
adds an interest to the game, you can collect hints , I got up to eight so far , and you can skip from scene to scene to give the eyes a rest from staring at the same image, I was in last minutes of time but had just enough hints to wipe out all scenes !!
Puzzles are fine, and enjoy having to earn the hints, we have had too much hand holding in a lot of the newer games, . My reasons for not liking timed games is that I love just browsing around all the different places, but this game seems to go back to the same old places , it would be soo boring without the timer !!!

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Sep 14, 12 9:54 AM
Hi all, Like so many of you, I love the Jewel Quest Mysteries BUT this game is very frustrating. Although I found the HOG parts difficult to spot - I'm usually pretty good at finding the objects - however, I reached a part where I had to find a monkey. Could I find the little b****r?! NO! Used up all my 'hints' and still no monkey...... I even checked to see if there was a walk-through but so far guess there isn't one. Some of the objects are very obscure so I guess monkey bum is hiding in the shadows or pretending to be a green vine! Not enjoying this game as much as I hoped and feel cheated. After playing so many brilliant Jewel Quests I didn't ever bother to check the reviews - that'll teach me eh! Oh well, onwards and upwards! Back to monkey spotting (yes I'm the type who will stay up all night until I've achieved a level in a game - sad eh? I call it perseverance.) Love to all you Big Fish gamers. Pat_ric_ia x

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 14, 12 7:56 PM
This game would probably be a pleasure to play except that it is timed. That alone makes it unacceptable to me. I don't like playing under pressure and I especially don't like being penalized 30 seconds for "rapid cursor clicking."

I felt like I was back in college with one eye on the exam paper and one eye on the clock.

So it's a no-buy for me.

Happy gaming to whomever enjoys this type of game - there are plenty of games to satisfy just about everyone.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 6:28 PM
I love all the Jewel Quest games. All challenging and yet not frustrating. Lots of replay value.

Go to: