LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Comments for F.A.C.E.S Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jul 14, 11 5:17 AM
I rarely buy a CE (only own 2 others), but I was so disappointed when the demo ended that I decided to take the plunge. Other things contributing to this decision were the developer coming online and answering questions and replying to gamers' concerns. That goes a long way in my book. That and they let you demo the Bonus game, which for me is the only reason to buy a CE, I couldn't care less about wallpaper and that lot. I played that until I got stuck, then figured I better demo the game before I ran out of time. Yeah, a lot of H*O* scenes and I really love adventure more, but for some reason this game resonates with me (I love urban ruins) and I want to keep playing. That and having a backlog of GC credits. So, congrats Askold and Vogat, you won me over and that's not easy!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jul 14, 11 6:16 AM
Lady - I haven't played this game yet, but will here today. I saw your comment on 'urban ruins'. Now, I just HAVE TO play this game! I love that too!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 14, 11 6:23 AM
quarlesqueen wrote:
I still don't understand why there are complaints, of having to many H0 scenes, when it is a H0 game, I don't care for adventure games, where I am just going back and forth, back and forth, collecting one object at a time, for me personally, that makes me almost fall asleep, at my computer.

I would be very dissapointed, if the H0 games eventually turned into adventure games, and would quit buying them, so I for one, am happy to see LOTS of H0 scenes..THANK YOU Vogat :-).

Allow me to join the club!

Adventure games until now were only in the Large Files - and I never bought any of them. Never bought an Adventure game too, disguised as a HOG...

...searching in the house for feathers, buttons, and safety pins...

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 6:25:44 AM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jul 14, 11 6:30 AM
I love this game

Vogat games are always good. This one is a creepy and absorbing game, like their other game Green Hills Sanitarium. Graphics are detailed and puzzles interesting.

It's also nice to see Vogat here to answer some questions.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 14, 11 6:31 AM
in one of the hog scenes in the demo.....is a crazy looking bugeyed animal,,,,,its a bush baby,,,(my avatar at another forum) they are actually very adorable, but i loved this crazy looking little guy too

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 14, 11 6:44 AM
waterfire11 wrote:VOGAT is one of my favorite developers and one of the things I like the most is that I have NEVER had any technical difficulty with their games despite my pretty old computer.

Thank you developers! Thank you !

Me, too. I have enjoyed most every Vogat, Interactive game that's been offered.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Jul 14, 11 7:18 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Well, it is listed under the Hidden Object tab...so...
Cheers

Well, under the Adventure tab you also only find Hidden Object Games
and I also find this HOG scenes insanly boring. It's about time they also
brought Adventure/Puzzle Games without HOG scenes for our taste.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jul 14, 11 7:18 AM
Spyque:
I haven't played this game yet, but will here today. I saw your comment on 'urban ruins'. Now, I just HAVE TO play this game! I love that too!

It's got 'em in spades! You'll love the decay.

Bella:
in one of the hog scenes in the demo.....is a crazy looking bugeyed animal,,,,,its a bush baby,,,(my avatar at another forum) they are actually very adorable, but i loved this crazy looking little guy too

I liked the bush baby, too. Quite surprised to see him, even more surprised when he opened his eyes!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 14, 11 7:22 AM
LadyLark wrote:Spyque:
I haven't played this game yet, but will here today. I saw your comment on 'urban ruins'. Now, I just HAVE TO play this game! I love that too!

It's got 'em in spades! You'll love the decay.

Bella:

I liked the bush baby, too. Quite surprised to see him, even more surprised when he opened his eyes!

kinda makes you think vogat is a aussie dev (dont think they are) 1st time i saw one in a hog game

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 14, 11 7:35 AM
man, this is nivce,,,sitting on my hands to keep from buying till after i see general length.......the last few ce,s didnt even engage me enough to waant too.....

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 14, 11 7:58 AM
Bravo, Vogat! I am sooooo enjoying this game! I love the atmosphere and I am partial to having a lot of hidden object scenes, so this is right up my alley. Keep up the good work, your games are always awesome!

Jin

lynne8179
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,322 Posts

[Post New]by lynne8179 on Jul 14, 11 8:50 AM
you can try a preview bit of the bonus game as part of the trial hour. just thought some may like to know.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 14, 11 10:22 AM
Another creepy game in an asylum. Personally, I like that Dark, brooding, spooky, all the things that make for an interesting game. Will I buy it? I don't know. Seems like just when I buy a CE shortly thereafter it is released as a SE. Maybe I will wait. What I really want to know is, where did the devs get a picture of me before I have my morning coffee?

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jul 14, 11 11:25 AM
Too many spiders. I also don't like the eyeball cursor, gives me the willies.

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 11:26:06 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 14, 11 11:40 AM
vonniefaye wrote:Another creepy game in an asylum. Personally, I like that Dark, brooding, spooky, all the things that make for an interesting game. Will I buy it? I don't know. Seems like just when I buy a CE shortly thereafter it is released as a SE. Maybe I will wait. What I really want to know is, where did the devs get a picture of me before I have my morning coffee?

Thanks for the laugh, vonniefaye!!

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jul 14, 11 12:32 PM
Thanks for the laugh, vonniefaye!! Glad I could oblige, jkuci. I do love to laugh.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 14, 11 12:43 PM
Well, I've played part of the demo (actually got into chapter 2 and also played a few scenes from the Bonus Chapter) but something is missing, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I am not enjoying this one as much as Timeless:

This game does have a lot of H0G scenes, maybe too many for me, and I have had some difficulty spotting some of the more 'cleverly hidden objects' so I shall hold off purchasing until a few people have finished it, and I can maybe get a better idea of the length (timewise) of this game. I did check the SG and am impressed that the whole of it (and some of the Bonus game play) are available in the demo, but the chapters seem short in length to me.

So I shall play 'the waiting game'

Kel

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 14, 11 1:00 PM
Well, there is enough debate about the merits of the game to convince me to try it.

I really don't like hidden object scenes much, unless there is one heck of a story to keep me interested. I came from adventure to casual, and MUCH prefer adventure - alas, there are not a lot of them made anymore, and casual adventures have to suffice.

It seems if I will like this, I will only like the CE, and I'm not favorable to CEs, for reasons I've given abundantly in the past.

LOL, many HOG players ask for skip buttons for the puzzles and mini-games. Hey, how about skip buttons for the hidden object scenes? All that to and fro is what adventures are about, and I love it. But finding objects that do nothing to advance the gameplay - i.e. go into inventory - is gratuitous filler in my book. To each their own.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jul 14, 11 1:32 PM
I liked this game... but... don't think it will be long enough to justify the CE price, for me. Great graphics, liked the H.O scenes... puzzles a bit too simple though IMO. Got through the demo in 50 mins so not sure how long it will be although I understand the bonus is quite long. Think I will wait for the SE, but might change my mind! Reminds me very much of Haunted Halls Whatever its name is (is that by the same dev?) with the eyeball puzzle... A great game for the SE price but not convinced re the CE.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 14, 11 2:00 PM
Quote copied from the Review Thread:

moonladydi wrote:<snip>
Don't normally buy CEs, but the Bonus chapter is an integral part of the story, and brings it to a satisfactory conclusion. Serious kudos to Vogat for another great HOG adventure

Does this mean that those of us who do not buy the CE are going to be left with a story that has no satisfactory ending???

Because if this is the case I won't be buying the CE or the SE, and I certainly won't give Kudos of any kind to a Developer who does this

Kel

Go to: