Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sweetpeches on Jul 18, 11 9:53 AM
Go to the main Forums site. and look under technical issues. There is a thread devoted to this problem..error code2. Mine is fixed. Do what Mr. Russ said to do and all your games will play.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 18, 11 10:48 AM
I am beyond furious!
My computer crashed an hour into the bonus game (my computer crashes a lot, nothing to do with the game).
I have been in and out of this game during the main game, so the game has been saving with no problems. It (the game, not the computer) crashed when I was playing the main game yesterday, but I was able to get straight back to my place.
I re-booted the computer and loaded up the game. No saved progress! I've lost everything!
Can anyone save my sanity? The stupid game won't now let me play just the bonus game as it thinks I haven't finished the main game.

[Post New]by betsnjeffsgram on Jul 18, 11 2:35 PM
I had the code 3 problem and couldn't access any of my games. I did a complete
update on my computer which took some time. I am now able to get back on all
my games. I think this may rectify all your problems. My computer is a HP VISTA.

cjones357
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by cjones357 on Jul 26, 11 9:07 AM
I can only get to the part in the game when I am supposed to receive the knob from the girl trapped inside the cell. There is no knob. The girl keeps saying "turn on the lights" and when I click next feathers float out of the cell window. I can't go any further because I need the knob to continue the game. I am sorry I spent money on this. It was not ready to be released. MAC user.

Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition technical issues here only lost screw driver

[Post New]by bonoedge on Jul 28, 11 6:51 PM
I lost the screwdriver then I used it to wipe off the cobwebs in the sewer. Now I can not get back into the sewer, nor can I open the lock. I am stuck in this scene.
Help....

[Post New]by Brianna2808 on Jul 28, 11 7:24 PM
Is there a glitch in the game with obtaining the electrical tape?

I was playing the hidden object scene underneath the staircase to get the elecritcal tape. After I found everything the box comes up and says "you've got elecrical tape" once I clicked the okay button, this error message appeared stating "error adding inventory item". What does that mean? I don't have the electrical tape anymore and I've backed out of the area and restarted the game. When I get back to the staircase, there is no hiddent object scene. Is this a glitch in the game? Do I have to start over? Thanks for anyone who can help.

[Post New]by hoall613 on Jul 29, 11 5:31 AM
PLEASE HELP I VE TRIED THIS GAME TWICE AND I KEEP GETTING INVALID INVENTORY ITEM FOR THE RAG ON THE FIRST FLOOR AND THE BUST HEAD ON THE 2ND HELP HELP HELP

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 29, 11 7:33 PM
Sweetpeches wrote:This is all fine and good, but why should I go through all this trouble because of one game? I've been getting these games for a long time and never encountered anything like this before. This one installation caused me to not be able to play ANY game. Once I did the sysyem restore, everything is back to normal..even had to re-download a game I previously had as a trial and purchased. Still, eveything works fine. Funny how so many people had this very same problem with this game.

After reading all of the posts, yours in particular, I have decided I will not purchase the full game. I had no trouble with the trial version, but with all the download problems people are having, and game play problems after they get it to download, makes me not want to spend two game club credits on this.

It's a shame but it's not the first time BigFish has continued to sell a game that they know has problems in it. They always want to blame the buyer's operating system or browser.

[Post New]by brandjl on Jul 31, 11 3:55 PM
I am in the cafeteria and got the receipt, but then I put into the register it got lost. can't find it do I have to start over?

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Aug 16, 11 10:03 PM
Grrrr. This is the third BF game in the past few weeks where the close up pictures jump or jitter so badly I can't focus on the objects. What's going on? I'm getting tired of wasting money here.

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Aug 20, 11 12:03 AM
akferret wrote:Only one, and I'm not sure it was a tech issue, might have been part of the game, but one minute I was in the morgue doing the photo puzzle and the next the screen was black, so I con alt del and shut it down, when I reloaded the game I was in the kitchen part and what had been in my inventory was gone, its like the game screwed up and skipped over something, otherwise its worked fine.

Does anyone know if this is a bug in the game. The very same thing happened to me. I did the developing game and it appeared to be correct and then all a sudden the screen went black, the skip button was in the bottom left corner but did nothing and my cursor would show the words scapel, and the phone parts when I moved it close to the bottom of the screen but nothing ever happened. I also had to do a control-alt-del to get out of the game and when I went back in, a photo took me to the kitchen scene in the consultation area and all the items in my inventory were gone.

This seems strange since I never reached the point where I could use the phone parts and I was unable to do anything in the boiler room because I had used the glove in the red paint part so just wondering what's happened. Do I have to start over again with a new profile or get in touch with CS. This is actually the first time I have ever really had a major stoppage in a game although I don't get to play a lot on my games so there may be others, I just haven't had it happen before.

So frustrating, so hoping someone can help me. It's 2:00 am my time so will just leave it for now and hope there is help in the morning. Thanks!

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Aug 20, 11 12:04 AM
Well, checked again this morning and took me back to kitchen scene but after checking strategy guide (too tired last night to think of that ), apparently, that was what was supposed to happen as game seems to be going in the right path. However, I am going to send email to CS re the black screen and loss of inventory items as that may be a bug. Time will only tell as I get later into the game.

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 6:50:46 AM PST

[Post New]by MommaMo on Aug 24, 11 4:52 PM
I have the same problem, only in a different location. Got to the train car, completed the search, then an error code popped up. Now I can't redo the search, but I don't have the cabinet key I'm supposed to have received. Is there any way to get it back, or do I have to start this over again? Is there an answer other than - should not have bought this game?

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Profile didn't save in the demo...so ya da, ya da

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 17, 12 6:01 AM
I played the demo for about 20minutes and when I went back my progress was not saved. I have been thru this recently with another game, so for me I will not take the chance and purchase this game...too many games...too little time, to take a gamble with the ones that do not save your profile consistently. I started to save my profile in docs and settings but that got old ...quickly. Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by teresalc on Jul 17, 12 3:08 PM
i get a "corrupt profile, please load a new profile" message..however, game does not allow me to "add new" or okay, or exit...nothing. i have tried uninstall/reinstall twice to no avail. what can i do now? this appears only in F.A.C.E.S.collector's edition, none of my other games. can u help?

Go to: