CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by CelticElf on Jul 17, 11 2:28 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

If you're having troubles getting your game to launch, please give the steps in the following help article a try:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you're receiving an error message that states "Error while unpacking program, code 2" and are on a Windows Vista system, please be sure to check for a Windows update and upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can also do this manually via Microsoft's site.

If your game still isn't running properly after completing these steps, or if you're experiencing a different technical issue and are unable to find an answer in our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Help pages</a>, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Doesn't help at all - most of the people having problems have Windows 7. I have Vista and have all the updates, and I am experiencing the same no start problem. The Game manager keeps flipping back to "Play Again" with 60 minutes left in the trial... and it doesn't matter whether I start it from the game manager or from the link on the desktop. Hopefully the devs can get this bug worked out.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by deedeemarie48 on Jul 17, 11 3:24 PM
Me, too. windows 7. HItting trash can icon now.

[Post New]by horsiejohn on Jul 17, 11 4:13 PM
I had the same problem. Would not play. 60 mins kept coming back. I deleted flash player and shockwave player. restart computer Reinstall the latest flash player and shockwave. reinstall the game. Now it works fine. This information is found in the Help section of Big Fish...Hope this works for you........John

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 17, 11 4:44 PM
the trail played fine,,i am having the "game allready running thing...going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it works...if not i will ask for a refund...sorry but i hqve no patience with glitchy ce,s

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 17, 11 4:56 PM
I am at the Egypt site unable to put the stones in the wall. I have all 3 stones but nothing happends. Any suggestions

Dresdin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dresdin on Jul 17, 11 5:31 PM
I am with CelticElf - the help provided was no help. VERY DISAPOINTED!!!!!! Are these games not tested on normaly PC's prior to release?

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 5:33:27 PM PST

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jul 17, 11 6:29 PM
got to the well ,got the bugs but cant get the water to fill in the bucket , hope a fix or will ask for refund.

[Post New]by jheinig20041 on Jul 17, 11 7:10 PM
CelticElf wrote:
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

If you're having troubles getting your game to launch, please give the steps in the following help article a try:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you're receiving an error message that states "Error while unpacking program, code 2" and are on a Windows Vista system, please be sure to check for a Windows update and upgrade to Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can also do this manually via Microsoft's site.

If your game still isn't running properly after completing these steps, or if you're experiencing a different technical issue and are unable to find an answer in our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Help pages</a>, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Doesn't help at all - most of the people having problems have Windows 7. I have Vista and have all the updates, and I am experiencing the same no start problem. The Game manager keeps flipping back to "Play Again" with 60 minutes left in the trial... and it doesn't matter whether I start it from the game manager or from the link on the desktop. Hopefully the devs can get this bug worked out.

Same thing happening here! Everything is updated and still no play! I click play and my screen goes black for half a second and then is right back at the you have 60 minutes remaining!

HELP!!!! I wanna play this game!

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kateinaz on Jul 17, 11 7:30 PM
fwiw, I had the problem with black screen and getting booted out to the "play again" message in game manager with 60 minutes left on the demo. I uninstalled from the BFG game manager and reinstalled from "try it" and it worked fine after that through the demo, at least. Windows 7 here.

[Post New]by deshong on Jul 17, 11 8:21 PM
game downloads, won't play, says another game is playing, I have upgraded everything running windows xp

[Post New]by dragonfly81321 on Jul 17, 11 9:45 PM
heatherington wrote:I'm in Antartica and I just got done doing the three slider puzzles. I clicked on the SG and it told me I needed to have collected keys from the three puzzles. When I backed away from the far back door and clicked on ANY of the three tanks with the people in them the game just throws me out. I did not pass GO and I certainly did not collect $200. Just a sweet wham! Your out! staring at your desktop and wondering what the heck just happened. I did it two or three times just to make sure I hadn't hit a key or clicked on something by mistake. So I cannot continue.

Having same exact issue.

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Jul 18, 11 2:25 AM
downloaded well then wont play!!! was really lookin forward to this game

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Jul 18, 11 7:08 AM
naomi4195 wrote:I am having the same issue as everyone else. I am also running windows 7. Is it possible that there is an issue with this game and windows 7? Please help. I have read the reviews and was really looking forward to playing this game.

No it is not just windows 7. I am running Vista and I read someone with XP having the same issue.

[Post New]by byrdsbytes on Jul 18, 11 7:48 AM
Same here, demo simply does not run. Am running XP. Anyone at BF looking into this?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 18, 11 8:04 AM
vals2010 wrote:I have tried to play this game from the Trial download and can't. It just keeps going back to the "60 minutes remaining" screen. I have restarted my computer and am having the same problem. Can you please help, as I was looking forward to playing this game.

tried three times....same problem ...needs a fix cuz now it is a

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 18, 11 8:07 AM
bigjan1 wrote:Having the problem as everybody else, will not play says a another playing

spent 1.5 hrs trying to 'play'....same problem ...needs a fix cuz? or ?... now it is a

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 18, 11 8:09 AM
parisinpdx wrote:Like many others, when I try to launch the game, it ends up back at the Play Now/Buy Now screen. Is there a fix for this problem?

got that also...

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 18, 11 8:11 AM
gma5 wrote:I, too, cannot launch this game. I've downloaded it twice and reboted my computer 3 times! What's up, Big Fish?

geeeeez!...i did the same...got the same...'another game running'...NOT!

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Jul 18, 11 8:12 AM
Same problem here. Downloaded, clicked on play from game manager and nothing. Clicked again and said another version was running. Had to reboot computer. Didn't even try again after reading all the problems this game has. More and more trouble playing games now. We can't all run out and buy a new computer so developers bear that in mind if you want us to buy your games.

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jul 18, 11 8:19 AM
Hey Horsiejohn - thanks - that worked for me too -

I am running XP and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash player and Shockwave player to latest versions as per the BFG help instructions - and the game now works perfectly.

To all disappointed fishies - try this!!!!

Go to: