Re:Reviews for A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on Jul 19, 11 2:11 PM
I love Paris and was really looking forward to play this game, but what for a disappointment. Terrible graphics, confusing story line and soooo boring. A big NO BUY for me.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jul 19, 11 2:14 PM
As soon as I saw that it was a HdO game I didn't bother to download sorry folks but I just don't like their games for those that do hope you enjoy.

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Jul 19, 11 3:13 PM
I really love vampire games; HOWEVER, I hate this game. It's horrible. It has confusing directions and once you start the game you only have 3 hints for the whole game. It's a really difficult game to figure out what you're supposed to be doing. Not to mention that it took me forever to figure out what I was supposed to do with the map. Once I finally figured that out and made it to the train station, I clicked on the train and it disappeared. I assumed I arrived at my destination, but couldn't leave the train station. I used a hint and it told me to take the train to the place I was already at, and there was no train. It was a confusing mess! I kept going in circles and never did figure out how to get out of the train station. Very frustrating! I hated the whole 15 minutes that I played the demo. I definitely will NOT be buying this game. I had such high hopes of it being a good game too.

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 3:17:47 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 19, 11 4:36 PM
If you were playing in the untimed mode, then you get extra hints by clicking on the gold star that appears in the scenes, and you earn extra hints by completing the puzzles. You can carry up to six hints throughout the game, using and replenishing them as you play.

In the timed mode, I think you earn extra time by clicking on the gold star.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 19, 11 4:56 PM
Sorry but don't like this type of **** games so won't buy besides I have been to Paris & lived there so these poor photos or examples leave me not wanting to go any further then the map!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 19, 11 5:18 PM
I just had to try this game for myself even with all the negative reviews. OMG, OMG. This game is just what everyone is saying......awful. It has nice graphics, but thats about all. It's really too bad that the hdo developers are not reading our reviews and taking them to heart. Why continue to make games that nobody likes? I'm amazed that they are still in business.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Jul 19, 11 5:21 PM
This game was terrible. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It didn't have decent instructions. I have no idea what I was to do. All I kept doing was walking around a subway once I got through the first part of the game.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 19, 11 6:27 PM
Playing the untimed mode, it took me 2 hours 18 minutes to finish the game.

I really had no problem figuring out the subway system and using it to get from place to place, or getting in and out of it. I don't understand why so many people are having problems with that. There were instructions at the beginning of the game, and then it's just a matter of figuring out where you're supposed to go and what subway line runs in that direction, and then just follow the subway signs. The signs usually list the endpoints or main stops of the lines, so you have to pay attention to that when you're checking out the map, and look for them on the signs so that you head in the right direction.

I've got to say, I'd be afraid to travel with some of the people on this board, after reading the problems they're having following a map - LOL.

The bonus play is just some of the puzzles that were in the game; you can replay them over.

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Jul 19, 11 7:46 PM
This is NOT a new game. Purchased it a while back as a "cheapie" game at Walmart. Loaded it and promptly threw it away. What a lousy game. I kinda thought TGT's were new games. Guess I thought wrong.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Jul 19, 11 8:36 PM
well thanks fishies, don't think i will be downloading this game, nobody likes it so i know it's a no go for me, i have one more credit to use and i will have 2 punchcards for next month, come on BF, give us a good SE game, i have already brought 2 CE games for this month, can't buy anymore although it seems that all the good games this month are CE games, give us a break

Edited on 07/19/2011 at 8:39:12 PM PST

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cocamp on Jul 19, 11 10:35 PM
AWFUL!!! I never even got out of the subway and I have been playing HOG for years. I hated this.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 11 12:06 AM
jmwillo wrote:As soon as I saw that it was a HdO game I didn't bother to download sorry folks but I just don't like their games for those that do hope you enjoy.

What jmwillo said goes for me too. *sigh*

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jul 20, 11 1:44 AM
OMG, this has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played. It was terrible from the beginning when you had to pick out the places, then the subway rides, then I must have spent 20 mins. on the stupid canvas trying to draw the picture. I must have kept doing something wrong, because I got so far and got reprimanded and had to start over. That's when I gave up, threw up my hands and backed out of the game, and I usually try and hang out with most games as long the full hr of the demo.
Of course, this being an HdO game, I should have expected it. BF, why are you still bringing their games on board when everyone seems to dislike them? Every time I see the Hdo logo now, I sigh and think "here we go...." . I know , it's my personal choice and all but I have seen a lot of posts with the same attitude.
I give this game a 1 out of a 10 and it's the first time I've ever gone that low on a rating (the lowest ever being once rating a game as "3").
Sorry for the rambling, but at 4:30am who else do you complain to? lol

paulmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by paulmiss on Jul 20, 11 5:41 AM
I agree toooo many transfers on the railI tried the trial version and will not buy the
game cause games are supposed to be relaxing not mind boggling

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jul 20, 11 10:46 AM
I can't recall ever saying nothing positive about a game before. So, there IS a first time for (almost) everything. Absolute thumbs down. Sad, cause I love Paris.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Jul 20, 11 12:43 PM
What can I say.....it sucked!! I was totally confused after 5 minutes.....don't even bother with the demo!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 20, 11 1:36 PM
Hey fishies,

I just wanted to remind you that this thread is to be reserved for reviews only. If you haven't played this game yet, please feel free to share your thoughts in our 'Comments' thread.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jul 20, 11 2:26 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is one of the worst hogs ever. I don`t recommend even trying this game.

Totally agree. Worst hog I've ever downloaded on Big Fish.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jul 20, 11 2:28 PM
cocamp wrote:AWFUL!!! I never even got out of the subway and I have been playing HOG for years. I hated this.

You were more successful than I was -- never even got on the subway!

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Jul 20, 11 2:33 PM
These games are always a waste of time. I gave it a try, but sooooo boring and not a real game at all. More like a training simulation for taking your first subway train.

Go to: