megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 23, 11 1:38 AM
Am I missing something or is there no option of difficulty in this game? I started another profile to make sure I wasn't missing it and still there were sparkles everywhere and no hard version I could find. I found this game to be boring and I don't understand why all these mediocre games are being offered as CE's. Just because the developers throw an extra game on the end of it, doesn't mean its worthwhile enough to pay double for especially if they aren't going to give you a choice of what difficulty you want to play on. I don't mind CE's, in fact if the games were better, id probably invest in them but giving us these terrible ones and then asking for double the money is appalling. Like that games F.A.C.E.S. last week was an old game that the developers wanted to make a profit on so they threw a bonus game that was modern on top of it to make it desireable. The person in here even told me it was an old game and they knew it was outdated and had too many hidden object scenes but they made up for it by tacking on a quality game. To me that is horrible business. IF you know you made a game where the quality is lacking, put it as a SE and start over on a new idea for a CE. Sorry to rant but I am not going to pay for a game like this just because I don't have any new ones to play. I can live without a new game everyday or every week. I want quality and I refuse to pay double when its clearly not there.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:55 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I might purchase this game in the near future.

[Post New]by JLM_Falcon on Jul 23, 11 2:53 PM
Can anyone say if the bonus play is crucial to the story/ending? I am trying to decide between CE/SE

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Jul 23, 11 3:19 PM
Based on most comments here--will skip this one altogether.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 23, 11 3:54 PM
I really enjoyed this game! No, it was not very challenging, or long, or of the highest quality in terms of what you would expect of a CE. But - it was quite fun, with good graphics, story and a nice balance of hidden object scenes, puzzles and adventure elements. The artwork was really well done, and the bonus game was good with a decent length. It was consistently enjoyable all the way through - which is more than I can say about a few of the recent CEs - Ancient Astronauts or Missing, A Search and Rescue Mystery which were both pretty tedious and not worthy of being CEs in my opinion.

The main downside on this game was that the screen size was reduced for some unknown reason - hopefully the developers will be able to address that issue. That was a deal breaker for some who did a trial of the game, I am sure. But I decided to get it in spite of that issue, because it is just the type of game I really like every now and then - intriguing but on the light side in terms of difficulty level.

Overall, I thought this was a very fun and relaxing game with a great setting. I will look forward to a sequel!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Lazy developers- boo hiss!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 23, 11 7:47 PM
too short. The epilogue should have been part of the game and they should have written an extra "bonus" scene. puzzles are too easy and opportunities to place puzzles were ignored. very disappointing, I'll give it a C.

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edi

[Post New]by 1blossem on Jul 23, 11 9:10 PM
I love collector's editions...but this one wasn't paranormal...more demonic...got bored very quickly...wished I didn't pay the 2 credits for it...

Edited on 07/23/2011 at 9:11:26 PM PST

[Post New]by Barbara445 on Jul 23, 11 10:26 PM
Where is the stragtery that is always with the collector edtion? or at least the walkthru. Dont' know if i will buy this without one. Try to play for an hour. NOthing really exciting about it.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 24, 11 12:02 AM
This game was OK, however as a CE I was expecting it to at least be longer. You can finish this game in at least six hours if you play non stop. The graphics were very good and the hidden objects were relatively decent to find,not hidden in darkness, I like that ! Puzzles were kinda simple, getting around in the game from scene to scene was a bit tedious at times....I kind of forgot where some areas were The SG was helpful if you got stuck somewhere. I don't think it was worth the CE asking price though,just my opinion,but it was an okay game. I would give it 2 to 3 outta 5 's

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 24, 11 5:45 AM
this game appeared in windowed size, so i deleted it

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Jul 24, 11 3:12 PM
Nice artwork, nice music. I am a fast reader, so I prefer not having voiceovers.

Why didn't I buy this? Because the HOG screens are not randomized -- it's the same things each time you play. I want replay value from my games.

I may pick up the SE if there's a sale, but I'm not paying CE prices. Sorry, developers.

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Jul 24, 11 3:32 PM
I must be the minority too. Loved the game, the graphics were great, the music was beautiful. Bought it, enjoyed it. The bonus could have been longer. The games were easy, but finding the rest of the stuff was fulfilling enough for me. Glad I bought it.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 25, 11 4:53 PM
well, i enjoyed the demo! not enough to warrant the cost of a CE, though...

i also find it funny that both CE's released while i was moving and 'disconnected' had lovecraftian/chthulu nuances... and i have to agree with all the folks posting those signs - the summoning needs to be stopped! no good ever came from dealing with a shoggoth... or a dole, or a dark young, or chthulu himself as far as i'm concerned!

so, if you take the game as little bit farcical, which you kinda have to if you've ever watched a single episode of law&order or CSI [or even columbo ] and then got to "process" the opening "crime scene" complete with requisite white sheet [another huge no-no] and not-too-bright cop - he should've been pictured enjoying a donut and a cup of coffee for all the seriousness of a murder and some creepy 'voodoo' overtones... there's more than one screw loose here

the graphics on the one hand are superb, the glowing lights and dancing candles, the watery magical 'barriers' that shimmer, the fog that rolls in off the river... and those freakish crows! OMG i almost swallowed my tongue! almost... i thought the sound definitely added to the experience, so i was glad that i left it on as the devs recommended... what would've made it even more enticing was some good voice acting - but i would rather have nothing than to be forced to sit through whiny, tinny, poorly accented, or just plain BAD voice acting so i can make do...

since i don't know anything about the "bonus" features that are offered to make it a CE... i mean, art and music that i can already see and hear while playing isn't necessarily 'bonus' to me... and there aren't really a lot of comments on the bonus game play... i'm going to play it safe and put this one on the SE must have list... because i definitely want this one, just don't know if it's worth the extra price so soon after everyone else has had a dip in my pockets!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jul 26, 11 9:34 AM
I enjoyed playing this game.... just finished the other day. The snakes did not bother me, and for the most part, they just looked like colorful rubber toy snakes. The story was interesting, and the game play smooth. Guess if I had to give it one thumbs down, it would be for game length. Maybe it is just me, but I found the game a little too short. Otherwise, nice game. I really should have waited for the SE though, because I really have no use for the wallpaper and music extras.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 26, 11 7:57 PM
LOVE THE GAME. vERY EERIE & ABOUT DARK MAGIC...i LIKE THESE KINDS OF GAMES...BOUGHT IT.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jul 31, 11 7:29 PM
Just OK...bonus play should have been part of main game.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Aug 2, 11 1:03 PM
I really love h.o. games, so there weren't too many in this game for me. I did think, however, that there was a little too much going back and forth. After trying to play Fallen Shadows, I was ready for a game in which I wasn't pulling out my hair trying to find the objects. I also thought the puzzles were just about the right difficulty level. When there is so much wear and tear on you sneakers, it would be nice to have a map where you can hop from one location to another, i.e., as in Dreamland. When a game is so spread out in so many different locations, it's sometimes easy to get yourself lost. I really did enjoy this game. But as with so many of these games, I found the ending in the bonus chapter a little abrupt.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 3, 11 5:00 PM
Sorry, but not for me...played 10 minutes in and the game just didn't grab me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edi

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 5, 11 2:04 AM
Well, somebody must lke this game, it's #1 on the top 100 and only been out 2 weeks. Or, is everyone just downloading it to see how awful it really is? I gather from these reviews it has way too many HOGs and easy puzzles and a SG onboard. Sounds like my kind of game. Except maybe too many locations to get lost in.

I've about given up on the last #1 Timeless: Forgotten Town, lost too many times, no skip on puzzles, well there is skip IF you first find all the parts, then you may proceed. That SG is totally useless, sorry I bought that CE. So I'm in the mood for a casual game for us average gamers, just to relax. Sorry to hear the map isn't interactive.

Still not sure what the story is about, a murder in New Orleans and some voodoo. And, I'm sure I'll get the black bars, not widescreen as usual. I bought Macabre Mysteries only because it fills my 17" widescreen laptop, graphics look great, but probably too much thinking or difficult for me, but great to look at on the demo. Should take me to the end of the month if I don't give up.

Off to test the waters in New Orleans. Sorry so many posters are disappointed, just curious now how it got to #1?

Edited on 08/05/2011 at 2:07:09 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 6, 11 10:39 AM
Confusing, boring. Not as an SE, not even as a DD.

Go to: