eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

constant crashing!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 23, 11 5:46 PM
trying to finish this stupid game but it keeps crashing and when i restart I have to start further back than I was, collect items already collected too. If I have to play that damn snake game one more time I will scream! Somebody-developers did not do enough testing before releasing this game.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jul 23, 11 7:01 PM
I am apparently fated to never see the end of the epilogue.

The game itself only quit on me once. The epilogue has now quit on me no fewer than 4 times. And the save point for the epilogue is the beginning. So you have to play the whole dratted thing over, every time it quits.

it quit in 4 different locations, so I can't say it's related to any one thing in the game.

I am now very irritated, and rather than throw the laptop across the room, I am off to read a good book. I do feel ripped off, though. Did anybody beta-test this game before release?

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here on

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 23, 11 9:14 PM
This is about the third game I have downloaded that will not show. The music plays but that is all. I once again had to shut down the computer to close the game.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Jul 24, 11 3:50 AM
I started playing this game with no problems at all, even got into the cemetary with no problems. I then had to come out of the game for a while, went to re start the game and it goes through the process of loading, then I get a blank screen with the loading sign in the middle - background music is playing. I then get the message that the game has stopped responding. Have tried to restart a few times since, and the same thing happens.
Its a shame really, as I was quite enjoying playing this demo and was considering purchasing it.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Jul 24, 11 4:36 AM
Posting same problem, I get thrown out of the game at the very beginning, when it becomes possible to go left or right, tried left got kicked out, tried right same thing. Restarted and always same thing.
I was playing the demo, Win XP, Intel Graphics.
I was hoping the full game would be ok but from what I've been reading it's the same thing with the full version.
Also haven't seen or read any possible work around, like system cursor, full screen or not.
Too bad I wanted to play the game.

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Jul 24, 11 7:19 PM
I have a large screen 20". This game split in two and the right side is on the left side of the screen and the left is on the right. I have to turn my computer off to close the game.

[Post New]by tata1120 on Jul 26, 11 5:59 AM
Are any of these problems ever resolved? Paid for this game & can't play it. So I'm stuck with another game I keep getting knocked out of. Will this ever end?

Pearly8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here o

[Post New]by Pearly8 on Jul 26, 11 9:33 PM
In Demo: Changed cursor out of special and that worked but have same problem wih trying to go right or left of policeman. Spent half of demo time starting over again only to get kicked out again. Even tried resetting cursor to special to see if that made a difference. Nope. Really aggrevating. Wish I had stopped retrying sooner. Advise not even trying until BF or posts say it's fixed--unless you enjoy beating your head against a wall!

Edited on 07/26/2011 at 9:36:42 PM PST

dupve
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by dupve on Jul 27, 11 7:37 AM
Hi there,

I got stuck in the strategy guide. How do I get out? I pushed escape already, but it brings me back to either quit or go back to the main menu. When I start up like that I end up in the guide again...help!
many thanks

[Post New]by sharilmcg on Jul 28, 11 7:41 AM
I couldn't get the program to open, even after several attempts to install and uninstall. FINALLY found solution: Temporarily disable the antivirus on the puter. Works fine now.

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Jul 29, 11 7:44 PM
This game crashing thing with going to the right or left of the policeman really stinks!!! Have installed and uninstalled this game 6 times!!!! Is anyone doing anything about this?

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Jul 29, 11 9:00 PM
I played the trial version with no problem, but as soon as I activate the game and go to play it, it won't play. It won't load at all, the screen goes black, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've updated everything, is there any fixes? I really like this game, what I've played of it!

duwop59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by duwop59 on Jul 31, 11 7:03 AM
i too am having issues, kicks me out my computor shuts down by its self!!!! i regret getting this game and now tom new game doing same thing!! doesnt happen with my other games!!! i think i want a refund!!!!

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here

[Post New]by mmecarousel on Jul 31, 11 4:48 PM
sandyterryb wrote:After purchasing the game I keep getting kicked out when trying to go to different locations. I get a message saying (something ?) failed. This is now the third CE I`m having a problem with after buying.

I keep getting error and options to retry, ignore, etc. This has happened 3 times in the last 15 minutes. Whats the deal. Need a patch or something to correct this problem.

Edited on 07/31/2011 at 4:50:14 PM PST

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Aug 1, 11 2:27 AM
I don't get to see any of the game, the screen went black...and that's all I got.
I didn't even get a look in

Re:Post any Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent technical issues here

[Post New]by kashka000 on Aug 1, 11 4:05 PM
abbotsford wrote:The cursor does not work on this game. Seems a lot of people have the same problem. Does anyone check these games before posting them?

I was interested in this game, but at the price, I'm not going to tolerate fighting with the cursor or anything else. Guess that I'm grumpy, but whatever happened to quality??

Edited on 08/01/2011 at 4:06:48 PM PST

Twrexx
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Twrexx on Aug 4, 11 12:47 AM
The mouse goes haywire when I tried to analyze the first item from the very first screen. Couldn't control it at all and had to exit using the task manager from Windows.

You guys put out games so fast these days that it would be worthwhile if you THOROUGHLY beta tested them before we spend our hard-earned money on them.

Extremely frustrating!

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Aug 5, 11 12:50 PM
Playing trial version, got to the memorial for the grave digger. There is NO glowing object (letter Y in guide) in my game.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Aug 18, 11 2:10 PM
My game got stuck on loading, had to shut down, went back, got stuck on first play screen... WHY??? I`m not LOL!!!indypeg

[Post New]by SharonBunny on Aug 25, 11 8:12 AM
I am SOOO sorry I purchased this game (in the Collector's Edition, no less). I crashes constantly, freezes, and is slow as heck when it does run. I got to the level near the crane and when going up the ladder, the game quit, huge error message, and then just a black screen. This isn't the only place, but it is the one that I encountered this morning. I am experiencing frustration at its highest level. If you want to tear the hair out of your head, purchase this one. BFG get your act together and troubleshoot the darn games before you put them out for sale or you are going to lose me as a long time customer.

Go to: