mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 24, 11 11:31 AM
Can't say enough good things about this game. I am really loving it.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 24, 11 12:35 PM
At last, a great game that I have't already bought as a CE. I had just about given up hope. Good graphics, good game play, good audio. For me it's a definite buy.
Note to BF: I enjoy the CE's but we need more good games that are not just CE's with extra's removed.
Thanks

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 24, 11 12:42 PM
Had hoped to be able to return to the review thread and advise how long it took to play the game but I am another of the Chapter 6 casualties. I cannot get any further in the game due to missing inventory item without which I cannot continue. After 3 1/2 hours of gameplay I don't have the will to start from the beginning.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 24, 11 1:26 PM
SeaBamboo wrote:Had hoped to be able to return to the review thread and advise how long it took to play the game but I am another of the Chapter 6 casualties. I cannot get any further in the game due to missing inventory item without which I cannot continue. After 3 1/2 hours of gameplay I don't have the will to start from the beginning.

Yes I was enjoying this game as well until Chapter 6. Was going to return to give a FULL REVIEW but the hint quit working and putting the bucket into inventory to use in another scene. I've got about the same amount of game play into this game as you do and I will NOT be starting over especially if it doesn't fix the problem. I've already my concerns with this game and if it can't be fixed without starting over, I'll be getting a refund or a credit towards another game.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 24, 11 5:22 PM
Incredible. The kind of game I really love. Graphics are top-notch and the story line continues forever. Ending is very good and the mini-puzzles are most difficult. I admit, I used some hint help in where to go next. Grade A game. Thanks BF.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 25, 11 4:36 AM
I just finished the game I had many hours of fun,I do hope we get more games like this one,I agree CE's are nice but it is refreshing to get to play games like this one without the high cost.. Thx BF and DEV's a awesome game..I loved everything about this game Graphics was off the chain and sounds I did not have any issues with this game..
Happy Gaming Fishes..

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 25, 11 3:21 PM
Great (excellent) SE. Character the same as in "Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse" game. Good mix of adventure and hidden object. Looks like there will be a 3rd game in the series. Looking forward to it.

I enjoy a game that has a mixture of environments along with NOT being gross or dirty looking. I hope "Jet Dog Studios" keeps making execellent games.

Thank You Big Fish and Jet Dog Studios for making an execellent product.

Edited on 07/25/2011 at 3:23:45 PM PST

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Jul 25, 11 8:26 PM
Well I am a happy gamer today. Love this game. Lots of puzzles so far and that is just the demo. Fun! This is a buy for me. I liked the first one because it's so different from the usual story line and the things are useful when found. Mostly though it's a puzzlers dream right now. And the hint system helps when you are done turning in circles. Great, great, great!

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Jul 26, 11 9:54 PM
I've got both games and enjoyed each one. This one seemed a little on the easy side (until the Lion Head mini game came up) but all and all they were both entertaining.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jul 26, 11 10:22 PM
A really enjoyable game. Right up there with the CE's. The HOG scenes were so nice and clear. Some objects, of course, were harder to locate than others but that is the way it is supposed to be.

This is more HOG than adventure but, with enough adventure to keep me satisfied.
The graphics were really nice and I enjoyed the characters in this game.

I always turn of the music as I watch tv while I am playing so this is never an issue for me. Glad that I purchased

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 27, 11 3:52 AM
I finished the game and I love it! And I think there be a next one.

[Post New]by jeremy_dron on Jul 27, 11 6:41 AM

I don't like this game. Graphics are great but navigation is extremely bad. The gameplay is not good at all. No buy for me just now.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Jul 27, 11 11:51 AM
Like it v much. Seems pretty easy, but then I like that sometimes. Puzzles so far are simple, but you do have to think a bit about where to go next and what to do. From other comments on duration, seems to be worth a buy as not short. Music non intrusive, no tech difficulties for me at all.

[Post New]by wheelie27 on Jul 27, 11 6:12 PM
I have a question I am having a Hard time figuring out How to do Chapter 7 I used the Walkthrough and turned the Lion Heads and I think I did it right According to the Walkthrough and Nothing Happened I would Love some help on what to do I am stuck I cant find the Key to unlock the mailbox other then that fun game

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 27, 11 6:40 PM
Very nice game in the series.
I am thankful a fix was made for level 6 by the time I got there-had to uninstall and reinstall, but it put me right back to where I was, and did not have to replay all previous levels.
Very nice graphics and soundtrack.
Some puzzles drove me nuts, but skip feature is fast.
Hints were very nice, and put you where you needed to be.
Well worth the money.
Thanks for bringing us this one BFG!!

acs89
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Review for Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace

[Post New]by acs89 on Jul 29, 11 4:35 AM
jennsmom wrote:I was looking forward to an adventure (with H/O scenes) game and I enjoyed the voices, liked the graphics, and thought the background sounds were appropriate. I quit very early at the camera puzzle. I will see how the reviews go, but if that puzzle is an indication of puzzles to come, I'll pass on this game.

Edit after looking at walkthrough: Apparently there's something amiss with my download, because I was doing the camera picture taking puzzle correctly, but it's not working. I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that helps.

acs89
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by acs89 on Jul 29, 11 4:37 AM
I had the same trouble as jennsmum, was turning all the lions heads as in the walkthrough but it just wasn"t working. any hints please

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jul 29, 11 9:03 AM
Not the easiest of games for my skill level, but with the
help of the walkthrough, I really enjoyed it.

I skipped some of the mini-games just to avoid frustration
but really like the feature of being able to go back and
replay them at my leisure, not when I'm impatient to
go forward with the story. Wish more games allowed this.

Thought the graphics were great; really liked the H0 scenes,
but cliff-hanger ending was a tad disappointing. Of course, if
it leads to a sequel of this quality, I will be thrilled.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jul 29, 11 8:40 PM
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this game because I'm not usually very fond of of the darker-toned, obviously computer-generated graphics in games but I found myself really liking this game. I found it relaxing to play, for some reason; I didn't mind the wandering around, clicking on everything to see if anything happened. I used the map, the task list and the notes to make my way through the game, and only used the Hint button when absolutely necessary. I liked that the Hint button brought you right where you needed to be and highlighted what needed to be done.

I hadn't played the first one, so I didn't know the history between some of the characters, but there seems to be a story arc that is connecting the two Millennium Secrets games and setting up the scenario for a third one. I guessed early on who the bad guy probably was but that didn't detract from my enjoyment because I wanted to see when the light finally dawned for the Agent. I liked the fact that the game took place in eight different locations, with multiple scenes in each location. The hidden object games initially looked simple but there were always a few items that gave me pause. The puzzles were challenging but not un-doable, and a skip button was provided - always a good thing.

The only technical problem I had with the game was on board the boat. Some of the dialogs only flashed briefly, but if I kept clicking on the spot, I managed to see enough of it to figure out what it had said. The cut-scenes were long enough to be interesting, but not too long that they annoyed instead of informed.

All-in-all, I liked the game and am downloading the demos of the other JetDog Studio games to give them a try (Annabel, Sinister City, and Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse).

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 30, 11 6:27 AM
This was a great and challenging game.. thanks. VERY VERY long and only the regular price. This took me longer to play then some CE games.

Go to: