Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by Pixielate on Aug 29, 11 12:21 PM
I just purchased this game over the weekend and when I installed it, the game is over to the right of my screen and too big for the screen. I don't have access to the options either. This is a new one for me. What do I do now? I already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by oneblondieone on Aug 30, 11 2:08 PM
I am having a problem with the Antartica red & green tile sliding mini-game under the floating astronauts. Not all of the tiles slide & it is impossible to complete the puzzle (moving the four green tiles to the center), without moving certain of the red tiles that are "stuck". I read thru the technical issues thread & am concerned that if I skip this puzzle, I may trigger a more serious problem on the basis of other posts. Is this non-sliding a known issue &/or has anyone else experienced this problem?

[Post New]by Gman1457 on Aug 30, 11 4:33 PM
Is anybody having trouble getting this game to work? I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and keep getting error 809. It tells me that I have a game running but I don't. Please help me, ANYBODY !!!!!!!!?????? I installed on my girlfriends laptop and it works good. Why not on my desktop?

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by omalone2000 on Sep 2, 11 7:46 AM
Makena1705 wrote:I am having the same problem as Seekseek. My bowl doesn't fill up with the sap when I put the spigot in. It's so frustrating to get so far in a game and then you come to a screaming halt.

You have to have the arrow assembled on the table, then get the cloth to wrap the arrowhead in - from the bridge - and then you can pick up the bowl of sap.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by scalad on Sep 8, 11 5:13 PM
It keeps crashing to the desktop without an error message. Except a few times I get 809. I have sent in help from customer service. I can't even get the game started. Hopefully they can fix it. It is just annoying

Edited on 09/08/2011 at 5:13:44 PM PST

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Sep 10, 11 6:09 PM
Customer service has been really good in replying. But my problem still exists. Although the laptop which is older plays the game. Odd!

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Sep 15, 11 5:46 PM
I downloaded this twice to try on my Mac running Lion. I get no credits at the beginning, then fly through the solar system with a white box as a cursor and never see anything but white boxes and white box cursor after the landing. I have to hard boot my computer to get out of the game. Anyone else with a Mac having this problem?

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Sep 17, 11 8:57 PM
Yes, dakini, thanks for your exact description of the problem I'm having, too. I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8. I've downloaded three different times; each time the cursor becomes a white box until landing, then there's nothing but white boxes and grey screen. I have to hardboot the computer to exit the game, and the time is subtracted from the try-out hour. Don't know what's going on.

[Post New]by tuxarc on Sep 24, 11 8:53 AM
I too have this issue. If you press "option+enter" that will make the game 'windowed' so you can see what is going on. Pressing "option+apple+escape" will kill the game so you do not need to shut your mac down to get out of the game.

I have a 2007 macbook pro with 3 gig of ram running 10.6.8 and the the graphics run really slowly on this game, has never been a problem on any other game so something is seriously wrong with this one.

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Sep 27, 11 2:14 AM
Same problem with white screen with Snow Leopard.

Will not window either.

FLYNDER
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by FLYNDER on Nov 4, 11 10:36 AM
miavie wrote:
KayleighJ wrote:
Boomer47 wrote:HI,

A few of us had asked in the original thread about the Antartica issue. We were being kicked out of the game when we tried to click on the tanks to get the keys.

It did not seem to be an isolated issue and the new version does not appear to address a reason or fix.

Has anyone found a way to avoid being sent to the game mananger and out of the game in this chapter?

+1

Edit: After downloading and running the new version, the game still quits without warning in the Antarctic chapter, so the new version does NOT fix this particular problem. *grumbles*

same here

The same problem here - hwo got the answers?

[Post New]by TBWdude on Dec 8, 11 5:05 PM
Just downloaded a trial and got the white box problem in place of the graphic menus when I open the game in full screen. I hit 'Option-Enter" to get to windowed mode, and I can then seen the graphic menus but everything moves way too slow and jumps around.

The specs say this game requires 1024 MB RAM -- all my others that work require 512 MB -- so I guess that is too much for my Macbook Pro with 2 GB sdram? Or does VRAM memory or bus speed have something to do with it?

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Feb 6, 12 2:42 AM
Well, I played almost to the end today (Feb 06 '12) ... & guess what!! got "keyboard lockup" @_@ totally confabulated. Have not been able to get back in after restarting 'puter (running Vista Ultimate on HP quadcore tower & Benq slimline lcd monitor) ... HELPPPPP! Lists the game, but refuses to open it back up; can't get anywhere with it .. sigh :'(

[Post New]by xtine63 on Feb 23, 12 7:12 AM
I am having trouble with getting the water as I have only found 11 bugs and there should be 12 does anyone know where to find the 12 th bug

[Post New]by slmken on Apr 28, 12 11:09 PM
Atheen wrote:I am still in the Dogon Temple. I try to use the bludgeon to get the ring in the face with purple eyes. I looked at the Strategy Guide and I have not missed ANY steps! However, when I try to use the bludgeon the message says, "Will not work here".

I am stumped. Any help or is this game a rip-off?

Seems kind of fun ---- if it worked!

i'm having the same problem and also even tried to put necklace on and diamond and still comes up will not work here. first think i had do this step first. Is any help, I'm stumped. i even reinstalled the game. it did not fix the problem, any help?

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on May 14, 12 5:09 PM
In the Temple Hall - can't use bludgeon on the weak point on the wall next to the mask with purple eyes eventhought I've uninstalled and installed my (CE) game a few times. Pls HELP...

[Post New]by NJLadyInVT on May 15, 12 1:16 PM
What's with the bludgeon not working? If it worked I wouldn't be frustrated by following the hint to no avail. Where's the QC on these premium priced collectors editions? The charcoal rubbing needed to be rubbed over and over and over and over and over and over again before it could be used. Answers please...before I ask for refund.

[Post New]by DaktylsMom on Sep 3, 12 5:44 PM
I just bought this game. Sept 1. I also get to the bludgeon not working. This over a year since Arlene first posted the problem 8-6-11. I have tried it on another profile to no avail. I also bought the CE version. Using W7, 6 gb ram, 1TB hd. I think they should pull this game till problems get fixed.

[Post New]by ThelmaBG on Sep 7, 12 2:45 AM
Atheen wrote:I am still in the Dogon Temple. I try to use the bludgeon to get the ring in the face with purple eyes. I looked at the Strategy Guide and I have not missed ANY steps! However, when I try to use the bludgeon the message says, "Will not work here".

I am stumped. Any help or is this game a rip-off?

Seems kind of fun ---- if it worked!

The exact same thing happens with me I was quite excited about this game as it seemed to be both fun and challenging, but the simplest things not working, like using an item which is vital to continuing the game, make this useless. I have to admit that I am very surprised these issues are still ongoing as this isn't a new game and should have been faultless a long time ago.

[Post New]by JimGamma on Sep 25, 12 11:26 AM
Also getting the bludgeon problem - Windows Vista, have reinstalled Flash, Shockwave, the game... no luck.

Go to: