yada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by yada on Jul 28, 11 8:28 AM
downloads fine, but unable to play it...causes my computer to go bonkers...what is wrong? tried all suggestions...never had this issue beforre

yada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

downloads fine, but unable to play it...causes my computer to go bonkers...what is wrong? tried all suggestions...never had this issue beforre

yada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here o

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Jul 28, 11 8:56 AM
I have been trying to download this game since 8AM and have had no luck. All that seems to happen is that a new Game Manager is downloaded, which I don't need as I have one that functions perfectly and then that's it.
What is going on here?
HELP!
Thanks,
Mary

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 28, 11 10:53 AM
Is there a forum yet for the New Game Manager? I am with everybody- I hate it!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 28, 11 10:56 AM
I really like this game and will buy it. My game didn't take long to download once I GOT IT STARTED! The only thing I don't like is that we have to look for hidden parts of an object which means I will be using my HINT button a lot. The graphics are great and the details are great too.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 28, 11 1:09 PM
Hello folks,

It looks like a number of you are experiencing a slow download/installation process. First, please take a look at this help article to see if going through some troubleshooting steps might help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you've done this and are still having downloading/installation issues, please write in to Tech Support so that our reps can help you further. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 1:10:12 PM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 28, 11 2:58 PM
The trial downloaded quickly but ,when I went to play, it froze my computer on the first scene. Guess this one is a no-no for me until the regular version comes out.

[Post New]by easyplayer on Jul 28, 11 3:41 PM
I've been waiting for a long time for download and never have this problem before, even on games biger then this one. l dont know if is coinsidental but sense my new download manager l been having this problem. Does enybody think that is related?l l don't know but l want my old one back.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Download ok - When I try to play -

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Jul 28, 11 4:31 PM
afkathy wrote:the new Games Manager comes up and a pretty message: Hope you enjoyed your trial and want to buy the full version. This without even entering my name.
What's up?

I was hoping I wasn't the only one with this problem. Yeah, waited for the download/installation/activation and then BOOM - "Trial expired"???????

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jul 28, 11 4:43 PM
Mine downloaded fine but I had the same problem as Caput. Froze in the first scene and had to reboot computer. Shame, coz it looked like a nice game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 11 1:06 AM
Just wanted to say that the download/installation/activation of the demo took me about a minute.

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on Jul 29, 11 7:05 AM
I was looking forward to this game. started playing demo and computer froze as i picked up spade. cant play game now as it wont allow me. anybody else having same problem?

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Jul 29, 11 9:57 AM
No problem with the down load but the cursor is all wonky...can't control it. The game itself is very slow. I am so disappointed!!! I was going to wait until August 1st to buy it since I already have 2 punch cards filled.....lately the best games have that wonky cursor!

Deb

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 29, 11 2:28 PM
Here's my story! I downloaded the trial just fine. Liked the game so decided to use my credits to buy it. Went to download and got the message for that BFG had to load a game manager stub. Up comes the awful new game manager, large screen, all the other games etc. I went to down load this new CE that I had bought. Every time after hours of downloading I went to play and it says ready to download or reactivating or some such message. I have tried downloading this game 3 times that takes a whole day and I still get the same message on my game manager "ready to download". And I see on my new monthly games that I have bought it! Please BFG fix this game manager. I am as frustrated as everyone else. thank you, exact

cruet42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cruet42 on Jul 30, 11 10:50 AM
Hate the new game manager. Bigger is not better - this from a 68 year old. Give me the old one back, why fix what is not broken? I agree that some new kid on the block must have come up with the idea to show how smart he or she is - otherwise why change??

[Post New]by revy_2_hands on Jul 30, 11 5:03 PM
I downloaded the whole game (which took forever!), and when I went to activate it, it gave me this error: ERROR CODE 203600. I looked for this error code number, in the tech help section, but found nothing. Someone please help me. I just paid a crap load for this Special Edition, and I can't even play it... not cool. I even re-booted game manager thinking that would help, but nothing.

[Post New]by revy_2_hands on Jul 30, 11 5:16 PM
It finally activated! I don't know if this will help for you all, but it did for me. I logged out of my game manager, went on bigfish.com and changed my password, re-logged into my game manager with the new password, then hit the activation button and it activated immediately!

This is probably due to the new game manager sub. Give it a try, and let me know if it helped.

Thanks and happy playing! ;-))

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Newest Forum: Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by pearls10 on Aug 2, 11 5:15 AM
played the trial, loved the game,bought it ,played to the end,saved extras to play next day.Logged in then FILE CORRUPT!
Have since started and stopped after a short play and the same thing happens!WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

Edited on 08/02/2011 at 5:16:31 AM PST

[Post New]by KatFreak on Aug 3, 11 5:09 PM
I played the game for about an hour and a half last night. I opened the game this afternoon only to find that nothing was saved and it had started over from the beginning. I even had to make my player profile again.

Go to: