moyung
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Review for Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by moyung on Jul 28, 11 8:50 AM
Love it, love it, love it!! Beautiful graphics. The story line was coming along nicely when the demo ended and although i don't normally buy collectors editions i'm seriously considering this one. I'm just wondering about the length of the game as it would be disappointing to buy then find there wasn't much more to do.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Jul 28, 11 8:54 AM
barbee44 wrote:I love FROGS, so this will be a buy for me and I NEVER buy CE's. I don't buy regular HOGS or IHOGS at all anymore. Too many junkpiles.

Same here Barbee!!! I'm done with H0GS, and I won't buy them anymore!! Yay for FROGS!!! I was thrilled to see this game, and I will buy the CE!

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 9:04:12 AM PST

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jul 28, 11 9:39 AM
Would have loved the game but no buy for me....Again with the sparkles...don't these devs read reviews on other games to see what people want...I was soooo looking forward to a good game.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 28, 11 9:42 AM
i'm liking the beauty of the game, disliking the lack of choice for difficulty, surprised to learn there are morphs. hmmm. need to go back and look again. will most likely buy the ce cuz i have been trying budget a little better lately and wait for the se, but this one may be worth it. still on the fence....
as to the new gm...omg, it scared me more than the ghosts! it's not an improvement in mho, it's just frightening. waaay too big and therefore hard to see. hog players esp. it wasn't broken, why try to fix it???? NOT liking it, at all.

Maryruth1946
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Maryruth1946 on Jul 28, 11 10:03 AM
I started playing the Trial of Macabre Mysteries:Curse of the Nightingale CE and knew I wanted it. My thoughts were to wait till August so I could use my two game credits I would have acquired then.

I have a very good reason for not doing that though........my very precious Pug (son) Teddy passed away on Sunday the 24th, at age 12 years and 11 days. While playing the trial of this CE, I felt better.........so I bought it!

Edited: I apologize for getting off track of Reviewing Macabre Mysteries.......
I have played further on this CE and it is really good. As others have stated, the Graphics are great, the voices are good and the overall playing keeps you interested. It truly is an interesting game.

Happy Gaming, Maryruth

Edited on 07/29/2011 at 3:46:41 AM PST

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Jul 28, 11 10:23 AM
Loved the demo, beautiful graphics and I luv, luv, luv the creep factor. This is a buy for me. I like the ones where you have to find parts and put stuff together. I'm a major fan of this developer.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jul 28, 11 10:27 AM
So sorry, Maryruth. I still miss my boys, and it's been several years.
Any game from Blue Tea is a great treat and certainly something to distract us from our troubles.
This one is no different - the fragments are cleverly concealed but findable, with a lovely little sound when you find one, and the puzzles are clever but not too hard. The graphics are wonderful. The strategy guide is very step-by-step, but useful. The sparkles are less obtrusive than in most HOGs. I'm not very good at finding the morphing objects, but they're there for those who like them.
All in all, an excellent game. I'm not very far, so I don't know about length, but usually BTG gives good value on that score.
Despite the new Game Manager, which I hate, the download/activation wasn't as long as I feared, but after I purchased there was nothing to tell me how far along it was, which was annoying.
If I were LovetoMissLisa, I'd rate this as FINE SWINE!

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Jul 28, 11 10:28 AM
Thank You! Thank you so much Big Fish! I love Blue Tea games. It reminds me of Blair Rose (?)
Such a Beautiful Game and the Storyline is exactly what I like to play. I have to wait til the 1st beings I don't I need 1 SE left to buy this month.
This makes me So Happy to have an amazing FROG game. I now have forgot how bad i felt with the last game (the lost city)

And I like the new Game Manager, it took me by surprise at first, but liking it now.

I can't wait to BUY this game!

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Jul 28, 11 10:31 AM
Maryruth1946 wrote:I started playing the Trial of Macabre Mysteries:Curse of the Nightingale CE and knew I wanted it. My thoughts were to wait till August so I could use my two game credits I would have acquired then.
I have a very good reason for not doing that though........my very precious Pug (son) Teddy passed away on Sunday the 24th, at age 12 years and 11 days. He had Neurological trouble and had a massive stroke. I have a five year old female Pug Livie still at home. But the house is way to quiet without Ted.
While playing the trial of this CE, I felt better.........so I bought it!
If you have pet(s) hug 'em, they leave us way too soon.
Pug hugs, Maryruth in IN.

Sorry for your loss Maryruth! Our pets are our family.
Many Blessing to you

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 28, 11 10:31 AM
Well, it will not be a buy for me ! I agree : The graphics are beautiful, the story is great, there are voices (not great ones, but ok) and the music is not ennoying. There are puzzles too, but they are very easy, not very interesting and always the same patterns... but....but... the biggest NO for me is the clicking... I wonder if the clicking wasn't there, how long the game would be.... half an hour ? And if the hint button wasn't there for those parts to find...three months !!!!
No,no, no... I'm so sorry.... makers of Macabre Mysteries and the previous game. There is talent in your team...maybe to make a "real game" next time ?
- Raska-

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 10:32:44 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 11 10:52 AM
Maryruth1946 wrote:I started playing the Trial of Macabre Mysteries:Curse of the Nightingale CE and knew I wanted it. My thoughts were to wait till August so I could use my two game credits I would have acquired then.
I have a very good reason for not doing that though........my very precious Pug (son) Teddy passed away on Sunday the 24th, at age 12 years and 11 days. He had Neurological trouble and had a massive stroke. I have a five year old female Pug Livie still at home. But the house is way to quiet without Ted.

So so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful fur friend! I lost my Afghan 'Terry Turnip Toes' in Jan, and I'm still feeling as though my heart has been ripped out! I'm a dog behaviourist and know only too well the attachment that forms between owner and dog. I do find that games take your mind off of it for a while...a good therapeutic choice!
Thinking of you x

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jul 28, 11 10:53 AM

I am so sorry for your loss......I love my cat very much.......(((HUGS))) take care and enjoy your game......it is soooo lovely and I am so ready to buy it!!!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jul 28, 11 11:21 AM
Well I played 45mins & I'm hooked it has great graphics, interesting storyline, even the scary guy is different!
It makes a change to have a FROG haven't had a decent one since Snark All Revved Up.
Will be a buy for me.
boots

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Jul 28, 11 11:25 AM

I am so sorry for your loss Maryruth. I have 2 Bichon brothers that are 11 and the thought of losing either one is painful, so I just know the sorrow you are feeling.

Enjoy the game and give your heart some time to heal. My condolences.

I love the game and will probably purchase today when things slow down around here a bit .

Corie

vsbash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vsbash on Jul 28, 11 11:32 AM
I normally read the forums daily to get everyone's take on the likeability (is that a word?) of a game. I base the majority of my purchases on the reviews from TeamSD, CasualGran and Cherb (just to name a few). You guys have never let me down and, well folks, you've once again made my game purchasing experience positive and fullfilling!

It's been a long time since I DL'd a game in the morning, played it for a few minutes before going to work and absolutely struggled throughout the day cuz I couldn't wait to get home and play some more! I think the last time was Raincliff. Well, today's one of those days! I've played this beautiful game for about 1/2 hour and LOVE IT!! Ditto to everything everyone's said so far - graphics, voice overs, options etc... All are A++ for this game. The only thing that's missing is the level mode. I would've liked to have seen an Expert level but even without it there isn't too much handholding from what I can tell. In the 1/2 hour I've played I was able to jump out of my seat a couple of times so the scare factor is there but it's not over done and to the level of some that have actually made me dream wierd at night.
It's just an all around excellent game - finally one worthy of the CE price IMHO.

So, thanks to all the fishies for your reviews. Thanks to BF for finally ending the CE drought and thanks to Blue Tea for such an excellent game! Now pray I'll get through the next 4 hours till quittin' time!

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Jul 28, 11 11:37 AM
Aw common, geeshe, now I have to wait until Aug 3rd (that is when it showes up on my credit cart, and my other half about had a stroke last month) dog gon it, it looks like a game I like (yea and I try to buy all the CE, if they are any good.as far as spooky nothing compares to "Scratchers irectors Cut") Thanks to all you fishies. I truly appreciate your opinions.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 28, 11 11:39 AM
Great game! And of course is a Blue Tea devlps., awsome graphics and story, but I have only played the demo so far, definetly a buy!

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Jul 28, 11 11:49 AM
Looks like a pretty good game. Will wait until the SE comes out for a comparison.

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:new game manager 3.0

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Jul 28, 11 12:49 PM
i do NOT like, YES there are some improvements, BUT the designers left out something important !!!! the ability to arrange BY GAME PLAYER CHOICE !!!! SORRY about doing this here, but the comment section of that area is LOCKED !!!

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:new game manager 3.0

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Jul 28, 11 12:50 PM
i do NOT like, YES there are some improvements, BUT the designers left out something important !!!! the ability to arrange BY GAME PLAYER CHOICE !!!! SORRY about doing this here, but the comment section of that area is LOCKED !!!

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

Go to: