[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 1, 11 6:50 PM
boring and the scenes are too dark

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Reviews for Hidden Object Movie Studios: I'll Believe You

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 1, 11 7:34 PM
I have used the expression "snooze-fest" to describe a boring HOG game before, but I have to admit this is the snooziest snoozefest BFG has ever offered. What might have been a unique twist to the standard HOG just comes off trite and all together lame. Annoying music; and I'm not one who's usually bothered by the soundtrack. Graphics are so...5 years ago.
Maybe for the younger player or beginning gamer, but it's just not my .

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 1, 11 11:39 PM
I couldn't last beyond the first movie clip. Intermitable credits and when I finally skipped them, a movie scene that I didn't care about, realized that I hadn't managed to verify quickly enough if the items were in the scenes or not and knew that I would have to watch the scenes over to pick the things out. Besides which, I found the music annoying. I'm not a fan of Chris Elliot, so that was another negative check mark.

I realize that I didn't give the game a fair chance, but it didn't hook me within the first 10 minutes of gameplay and in fact annoyed me instead. So I just deleted it.

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Aug 2, 11 4:17 AM
BOO, HISS, BOO! I GIVE IT AN "F" FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xmas3kds
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Xmas3kds on Aug 2, 11 6:43 AM
I honestly tried to stay with this game, especially to see who was in the film clips...waste of some great actors! Found it boring, repetitive, and the music I just couldn't take, so turned it off. Is it me, or are the newest HOG getting really bad reviews? Too bad. I recently went to a new laptop and 3 of my HOGs didn't work, and one was no longer supported by BFG. I miss playing Mystery of London!!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 2, 11 6:54 AM
Not my cup of tea. BOOOOOORING

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Aug 2, 11 8:36 AM
Thanks fishes for the feedback. I won't even bother checking it out! When BF raises the bar on us and brings out really classy games like Sacra Terra and the Ravenhurst series etc, etc, what may have been fun 5 years ago just doesn't come close to cutting the mustard by producing these boring child-like basic HOGS.

Emmie1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emmie1956 on Aug 2, 11 9:41 AM
Xmas3kds wrote:I honestly tried to stay with this game, especially to see who was in the film clips...waste of some great actors! Found it boring, repetitive, and the music I just couldn't take, so turned it off. Is it me, or are the newest HOG getting really bad reviews? Too bad. I recently went to a new laptop and 3 of my HOGs didn't work, and one was no longer supported by BFG. I miss playing Mystery of London!!

If I understand your post you were to unable to download Mystery of London.
I just D/L, installed from my game account to my laptop...XP Pro. Everything went fine and I played one scene with no problem. Game was bought in 07 and I had previously played it on my desktop.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 2, 11 10:37 AM
Comments upon finishing: I went ahead and used a credit to get the game. The only reason I did is because of the film clips-I wanted to see what happens. The game is pure HOG with numerous spot-the-differences thrown in. there was one spot the similarities which was a different take, but in my opinion, just as annoying as the spot the differences. I don't regret using a credit to get the game, but it's doubtful that I'll play it again. I think I would rather rent the DVD and watch the movie. As I stated before frequently I found items in the corner of my screen, especially along the bottom. Sometimes the objects were well placed, but I also encountered scenes that looked like a bad photoshop job. It has very little replay value as the objects don't get moved around when you revisit a location. Your list might be different, but given the number of objects in the list and the number of objects in the location there will be some overlap. The very last puzzle is a major pain in the rear to complete. You have to find the letters/symbols that appear on the movie ticket. They float around responding to the movement and clicking of your mouse. It took me a while to figure that out and I was really frustrated by the time I found and managed to click on all of the symbols. The puzzle is not skip-able and there are no hints that appear to help. It is by far one of the worst mini games I have ever encountered. Including the demo time it took me close to five hours to complete I watched every movie clip and that last puzzle took me close to ten minutes to finish.
Have Fun Y'all

[Post New]by Irish_Fire on Aug 2, 11 2:53 PM
I don't post often, but thought I'd throw in my four-cents worth in (I put my first 2 cents in on a different post). I have enjoyed playing this game. I'm still deciding if I want to actually purchase it, but I like the movie clips, the actors and the simplicity of the game. I enjoy HOGs of most kind, and while I enjoy the dark, scary ones, I'm finding this a refreshing break.

To those who haven't tried it, it's free to try! If you don't like it, delete it.

[Post New]by footballfan on Aug 2, 11 5:12 PM
Sorry I bought this game. Silly and boring. Wish I could get my money back!!!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Aug 3, 11 4:17 AM
I must join the minority here -- really enjoyed the demo! It was refreshingly light and put a few unique twists into some of the old standard gameplay -- especially liked the "tool" for indicating differences in the STD pool scene. The film clips were hokey, but in a good way and it was fun seeing some well-known actors in the scenes. Once I caught on to how it worked, I also liked how the object list was created during the film clips and how to earn an extra hint by picking out three incorrect props. I'd say it was a nice effort by the creators and I hope there'll be a sequel (or two or three). My advice to those reading this forum is to ignore all the negative comments and try it for yourself. You have nothing to lose and just might be pleasantly surprised.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 3, 11 8:27 AM
Had no idea what was going on and cared less,

mrspeel99
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by mrspeel99 on Aug 3, 11 1:18 PM
I must agree with the majority of the views on this thread. This game just doesn't seem worth the time or money. I did try to stay awake through it until the demo was up. I just don't get the point of this HOG. Among the many aforementioned annoying things about this game, I found it just moved waaaayyyy too slow. I found myself yelling at the computer screen to "Hurry up and check off the object that I found already so I-CAN-MOVE-ON!!!"....... game was uninteresting, tedious, dull, dreary, mind-numbing, tiresome, lackluster, unexciting, monotonous, repetitive, wearisome, humdrum, uninspiring, bland........zzzzzzzzzz... (you get the picture)

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 4, 11 12:52 PM
I have to agree with everyone else. This is very boring and very grade school. A beginner might find it fun, but not seasoned gamers. Cartoon-like graphics, annoying music...just plain boring. On to the next demo....

[Post New]by kellouakers on Aug 5, 11 7:38 AM
i too found this to be a bit boring a repetitive glad i didnt buy it

latinavixn
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by latinavixn on Aug 7, 11 8:25 AM
Omg, this has to be the most boring game ever made. I played for 15 mins (after the extremely long download), I just couldnt take it anymore. The game is slow moving, the music is horrible, and those horrible horrible movie clips...what did anyone ever do to deserve to have to watch that crap! This must've been the only way they could get anyone to watch it, just dreadful. The preview clips make it look as though its a realistic & modern seek and find but all I can say is thank God for free trials, I'd have been so upset if I'd bought this without playing first.

[Post New]by Bertlee on Aug 7, 11 11:43 AM
I like straight HOG's but agree this was just so-so. HOWEVER... something I am curious about and no one has mentioned.... what city was the game "located" in for everyone? When the "film" first started it indicated the locale to be my city (Melbourne, FL). Was this the same for everyone or did it open with your city? Just wondering. Showed actual pictures of our police dept., radio station, trophy shop, etc. Now THAT was definately different.

Go to: