rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Aug 11, 11 1:15 PM
well everything has been going ok the game took awhile to download the cursor is a little sluggish and when I click on things that need to give me a description it is slow pulling things up or when i find something not in a hidden object screen its very slow to go into my inventory but now I'm in chapter 3 try to hit the SG and games shuts down Can anyone help or is that happening to anyone else!! Thank you All in all IMO is a good game but I am sure I can do it without SG but just in case I would like to be able to use it cause Thats part of the CE price!!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 11, 11 1:39 PM
Opus1965: "Can you tell me what is included in the "Extras" I like the screensavers on some of the CE's. Thanks!"

Hehe, in order to tell you that, I have to finish the game first - then I can see the 'Extra' section. I am very slow player, and play now chapter 6 (out of 10). May be some fast player can post more info...

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Aug 11, 11 1:59 PM
Hi Opus1965

Extras include:

Music

Screensavers

Wallpapers

Concept Art

Extra Game Play Chapter

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Aug 11, 11 2:29 PM
Which game is the background music from??

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Aug 11, 11 2:40 PM
@ darkdisciple1313...why so reticent? lol...i agree re the warlock menace but this is a game, actually, so not to worry...
i demo'd and bought it, have not finished it but so far have not been bored...ers games have always been fun for me. i don't expect reality, don't mind a good formula that works, still love the graphics. i play on expert, not because i am one, but because i like to problem solve. so i like 'em dark and hard, and enjoy the 'aha' moment when it comes. fave game lately was sacra terra, very reminiscent of rtr. hoping this one finishes near that pinnacle...mo later....

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Aug 11, 11 3:15 PM
I like ERS games and I enjoy the darker the better, no flowers or cooking for me! It is my escape and have no problem with the storyline. Regardless you do SAVE them lol. Sorry to hear your disappointment. Glad there are other games out there for your enjoyment.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Aug 11, 11 3:19 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!!! I absolutley love this game, the graphics, music, tons of things to do and its eeeeerie. Thankyou so much to those who worked hard making this game. for those who get scared easily, maybe its not for you. I have waited months for something this great to come up, thankyou again and I am back to embrace and enjoy this game.

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Aug 11, 11 3:30 PM
XtreemNorth wrote:OUTSTANDING!!!!! I absolutley love this game, the graphics, music, tons of things to do and its eeeeerie. Thankyou so much to those who worked hard making this game. for those who get scared easily, maybe its not for you. I have waited months for something this great to come up, thankyou again and I am back to embrace and enjoy this game.

I am also Thankful to ERS developers for coming out with this game! Incredible detail given to this game. I too have been waiting for something like this to come out!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 11, 11 4:47 PM
I had fun playing the game. Had no problems while playing it. I got In the Church (chapel) and down the rope ladder and started to go straight ahead. then I got mad when it did a: To be Continued when game is Purchased job. Just when things are going smoothly whammo. demo ends.

I was so entranced playing this game that when the old hooded fart popped up in the catacombs ; some idiot banged like heck on my front door and almost had me going but over teacup. talk about being intoxicated, he got the wrong road .

good thing bathroom is close to desk and it was daylight instead of night. I usually have a small desk lamp on my filing cabinet turned on. gives room an eary (sp) setting.

PS: And NO; I don't think it was funny. My two great grandchildren might wear pampers; but I'll be danged if I'll wear depends while playing these games.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 4:53:05 PM PST

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shany1 on Aug 11, 11 4:53 PM
Sorry bout the Teacup lol. I am with you on being so focused while playing this one.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 11, 11 5:30 PM
nantyglyn wrote:FYI - for those who are worrying about the Game Manager putting your games on the C drive, while the GM options page says the C drive, IN FACT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO WHATEVER YOU CHANGED THE DEFAULT TO. They are going to the correct place. The GM is just not LISTING the correct location on its page. In other words, it's working fine, but GM's display is the only thing that's incorrect.

I haven't changed the GM from the C drive listed, yet my games are all loading on my external hard drive.

I just downloaded a game without changing the options in the GM to install the game on my external hard drive (F) It went to the C drive. It might work for some people but the rest of us have to change it each time we open the GM to install a game.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Aug 11, 11 6:27 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:I almost forgot. How do I get my games to download to an external drive? Also, can I just transfer my games to the external drive or will I have to re-install them?
Thanks

You access the GM, and click on "Options" on the menu bar (top-right). Click on the "Downloads" tab. At the bottom of this window, you can select your "Download Location"-click on browse and/or type in the file location where you'd like your games to install. And that's all there is to it.

Hope this helps

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Aug 11, 11 6:29 PM
This game was made by qualified "Techs". I never get bored with a good game. Brilliant game play, graphics, music and story line. The People's Choice Award reviews for "Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition", is . . . . . . open the please. Yes!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 11, 11 6:50 PM
i had just got into the house on the right hand side of the town when the demo ran out, i personally found the h.o. scenes very easy. i will wait for the s.e.

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Aug 11, 11 7:00 PM
Hi everyone

This is an outstanding game from the beginning, and really raises the standards that all HOPA games should aspire to. The animation and cutscenes are amazing throughout, and the voiceover work is great as well. I bought the game before I even trialed it because I loved the first "Redemption Cemetary" game and I knew that this one would also be great one and it doesn't disappoint. The realistic graphics and lovely music are first rate. The puzzles are varied and fun. The HOG scenes are finely rendered, and the love and care that the very talented developers put into this game is obvious. I love that there are two modes of play for those of us who love challenges: normal and advanced. I chose advanced and I had no problem figuring out what to do or where to go because the game is linear and the compelling story is easy to follow. I have had so much fun in playing thsi game and it is definitely one of the best ones out there in this genre. This game is a undisputed winner, and is a must buy!

My grade system:

Gameplay: A+
Puzzles: A
Music: A
Graphics: A+ (Truely amazing)
HOG scenes: A
Mode of Gameplay( Hard Mode?):A
Game issues:I had some lag in screen loading

My Overall Grade- A

more thoughts after playing through the game- Although I love it still, it does seem to be on the shorter side, maybe 3+ hours total play time, which is the only disappointing thing about it. The game should have had more kids to rescue and there being only 3 does make the game short, but it is still well done.

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 10:53:06 AM PST

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Aug 11, 11 7:13 PM
Downloading trial now but I know I will wait for the SE. I agree with the others who said every game by this developer is the exact same thing. I can tell an ERS game the moment I start playing it. lol Not to mention, their CE's are never worth it. They give a few screen savers and an hour worth of bonus play and that's it. Not extra's like special games or morphing objects or anything.

Just not very innovative. They seemed to have taken their same pattern of game play and repeated for all their recent releases.

Does anyone else think they need to get some new plots? haha. It's all about finding missing people.

RC: Find missing kids.
Puppetshow series: Find missing family members.
Shadow wolf: Find the missing mom.
Maestro of music: Help the little girl trapped in the town.
Queen of Spades: Missing woman and investigator.
Haunted Halls: Missing boyfriend.

Etc.

At this point, these people need to be more careful!

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Aug 11, 11 7:17 PM
textrekkie wrote:This review is based on the demo version only. I'll get the disappointments out of the way first. I'm amazed that this developer still offers no wide-screen selection or aspect ratio correction for widescreen monitors. Second, the strategy guide (yes, I actually looked at it this time - LOL) doesn't bookmark the last page used. Third, if voiceovers are used, please either use them sparingly (perhaps only the crow and the warlock) or do them exceedingly well. Fourth, if I'm playing in expert mode, obviously I don't want all the hints, so why are hints given with so many of the objects that are picked up (i.e. you found the eyes of cerebus, the nose of cerebus, the heart of cerebus, scythe blade)?

Okay, enough of the disappointments. The graphics are excellent and the atmosphere and music are appropriately eerie and add to the overall effect. The storyline seems a bit thin, but undoubtedly fleshes out more during the rest of the game. I don't see how a mother has to redeem herself for a warlock taking her child, but hey, maybe there's some sort of pact she made with the devil or something. Overall, the dark and eerie fans are sure to enjoy this one.

Sorry but we all have a right to our opinion and I LOVE the voice overs, and grieve when there are not more. If you don't like voices I think the game designers should make it where voice overs are minimal or none, but for those of us who believe the voices of characters, and adds to the storyline we want MORE not less.

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Aug 11, 11 7:46 PM
Just played the first half hour of the demo and will probably buy this. Loved the first one and have replayed it often. Only negative so far is the somewhat more linear aspect of the game, though it might get less so. By that I mean that you find the problem (lock, etc.) and you have the solution immediately to hand. I prefer to have to wander about trying to figure out how I'm going to get whatever widget I need to accomplish something but instead I have the rope ladder before I even get to the well; I get the means to get a screwdriver as soon as I find out I need a screwdriver. It's better when you have to work a little harder for the "tool". Other than that, all seems well. Despite comments elsewhere, had no problem with the strategy guide. Didn't need it but checked it out due to comments on its cumbersome quality (yes) and causing of some tech problems. Experienced no tech problem at all with it. (I have Windows7). Also wish they would either talk faster or let me click through the speech since I can read it faster than they are saying it. Don't want to skip (this first time thru) in case they say something important. They don't so far so will definitely skip later. But it's a good game; not quite as good as first so far but may change my mind. Nevertheless, will probably buy CE (others say length etc good). Am itching for a good game (try Sacra Terra if you haven't yet; it's quite good).

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 11, 11 8:16 PM
AshleyD1979 wrote:Downloading trial now but I know I will wait for the SE. I agree with the others who said every game by this developer is the exact same thing. I can tell an ERS game the moment I start playing it. lol Not to mention, their CE's are never worth it. They give a few screen savers and an hour worth of bonus play and that's it. Not extra's like special games or morphing objects or anything.

Just not very innovative. They seemed to have taken their same pattern of game play and repeated for all their recent releases.

Does anyone else think they need to get some new plots? haha. It's all about finding missing people.

RC: Find missing kids.
Puppetshow series: Find missing family members.
Shadow wolf: Find the missing mom.
Maestro of music: Help the little girl trapped in the town.
Queen of Spades: Missing woman and investigator.
Haunted Halls: Missing boyfriend.

Etc.

At this point, these people need to be more careful!

I agree completely with what you said. I have a bunch of ERS games and in the beginning I loved playing them and the quality is definitely there but the plot lines are extremely boring after playing a couple of them. Shadow wolf, maestro of music and queen of spades are all the same game basically. I felt like each picked up where the other left off and even though I do have the first Redemption Cemetery game, I know the CE isn't worth the price and chances are if I play the first one and then another one of their games right after, it will feel like I just played this game. Same music, graphics, characters, voiceovers, hidden object scenes like what you are finding, objects you collect, mini games are too easy even on hard mode. Their games take me 3 hours on hard mode not skipping any puzzles so I have decided against purchasing anymore. I tried this game. its nice as all ERS games are nice but there is nothing special about it. I couldn't agree with you more.

Edited on 08/11/2011 at 8:18:16 PM PST

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Aug 11, 11 8:31 PM
As always, this game is tops. You can always count on ERS games to give you whate you're looking for. I luv this developer. Wish all BF games could be this fantastic.

Game is loading slow for me, but that's not the games problem. Ever since the new game manager came on board everything loads slow.

I think ERS games will always be my favorites. They never let me down in creep factor, graphics, music or whatever.

Go to: