unitedred7
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by unitedred7 on Aug 15, 11 12:55 AM
My downloaded trial doesn't say its the CE is this right folks ?

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 15, 11 2:20 AM
pgillenw wrote:
janspack wrote:I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side. I decided to buy the game without a trial and so I uninstalled the trial version using the uninstaller in the game manage. So I uninstalled again. using a "deep cleaner" uninstall program and am just downloading it again in the hope it will be OK this time.

Anyone else had this problem with the widescreen option?

[i]What I did was uninstall the game. I set screen resolution to 1024 x 768. When I re-installed the Options should already have full screen/wide screen selected. The game once you select Play should now render in wide screen mode. It is a bummer to have to go through all this dickering. I suppose the reason the developers don't automatically adjust the settings is there are so many varying systems and if they did try to alter the User would end up with the Screen Resolution not being to their liking when they did a Exit of the game.</i>

I am running Win 7, with widescreen LCD. Hope this helps.

I'll give this a try thanks. Not hopeful though because my screen is already higher than you suggest. I'll let you all know if it works.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 15, 11 2:36 AM
pgillenw wrote:
janspack wrote:I'm sure I will enjoy it but when I clicked on the Widescreen option in the trial version, all I got was a 2" wide strip of the opening screen on the left hand side. I decided to buy the game without a trial and so I uninstalled the trial version using the uninstaller in the game manage. So I uninstalled again. using a "deep cleaner" uninstall program and am just downloading it again in the hope it will be OK this time.

[i]What I did was uninstall the game. I set screen resolution to 1024 x 768. When I re-installed the Options should already have full screen/wide screen selected. The game once you select Play should now render in wide screen mode. It is a bummer to have to go through all this dickering. I suppose the reason the developers don't automatically adjust the settings is there are so many varying systems and if they did try to alter the User would end up with the Screen Resolution not being to their liking when they did a Exit of the game.</i>

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 15, 11 2:37 AM
pgillenw wrote:

Thank you, thank you thank you. It worked!!! Off for a good day's gaming now.

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kathycot on Aug 15, 11 2:50 AM

I had the same problem but I am not going to pay for something, again that doesn'y work. Post if uninstalling and reinstalling might work. I am also leary about a Hidden Expedition CE as the other Hidden Expeditions were just ok and most of them I got bored w/ before finishing.

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Aug 15, 11 8:42 AM
Looks like we are all having the same problems. I have waited for this game and it freezes on everything! I have to click on something 4 or 5 times before it finally moves.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 15, 11 10:10 AM
Has anyone else had trouble picking up the binoculars in chapter 3? I click on them but nothing happens. I used a hint and it brought me back to the same binoculars I was unable to pick up earlies. I am effectively blocked from finishing the game.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 15, 11 10:39 AM
I dont have any trouble with the game freezing, I have a fast enough cpu and enough ram so I dont have that problem. .

My issue is that I cannot click on the grate in door d and I want to know why?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 15, 11 11:40 AM
Hi ThomAndJerry,

If you're having troubles clicking on the grate, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If neither of these tips help, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

-bfgHondo

Edited on 08/15/2011 at 11:40:41 AM PST

nawlinslady35
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nawlinslady35 on Aug 15, 11 1:02 PM
I had the same problem as 2 other players.Demo played fine,then I bought it and when it got to main screen it said file corrupted for player and now I have to start all over.I rarely have problems with games here so that was quite a surprise.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Aug 15, 11 2:05 PM
satexasgirl wrote:I don't know if this will help or not to all those getting the black strip. Some time back after reading a post from another fishie about another game I did this. I right clicked on my desktop and about two thirds of the way of the down I highlighted "Graphics Options" The Another menu opens up. Click/highlight "Panel Fit" and from there "Scale Full Screen". Since I've done that more games including ones that hadn't before fill my widescreen monitor. When I started this game it also filled my widescreen. Oddly enough, if a game has a widescreen option, it has to be off as it was in this game. Hope this helps.

I tried this and got a tiny strip of the first screen and the rest of the screen was black!

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Aug 15, 11 2:11 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi ThomAndJerry,

If you're having troubles clicking on the grate, I'd encourage you to try <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If neither of these tips help, please feel free to contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

-bfgHondo

I did both of those already before I posted here. Waiting on a response from tech support. If they dont get back to me within the next 24 hours I will be requesting a refund. I am not about to pay for a game I cannot play. This is why I stopped buying games all together for the past 4 months. The first one I do buy, doesnt work lol

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Aug 15, 11 3:46 PM

Yes I just had the same thing happen to me. Tried uninstalling the game, GM and starting over again, and still a black screen with 2 inches to the left of the screen that was the game. Don't know why there are so many GM and game issues lately.

[Post New]by cdl1957 on Aug 15, 11 6:00 PM
I also have janspeck's problem. Crashed my computer too. tried the screen resolution adjustment in the control panels. Still no good.

I'm especially unhappy because I have played and enjoyed all of the other Hidden Expedition games so I went ahead and bought it without the trial. I was surprised it cost 2 game club credits, and now I feel cheated.

BFG, I hope you come up with a patch for this soon!

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Aug 15, 11 10:46 PM
I bought this game hoping that the full version would not keep on freezing every 3 seconds or so. I was wrong. I also changed screen resolution and that did not help. Hope problem gets resolved.

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Aug 15, 11 11:27 PM
I am disappointed that finally we have the continued story of Hidden Expendtions and i had no problems on my acer aspire with my max resolution of 1024 x 600 and now this one doesnt want to fit the screen..

It went into windowed mode with gaps either side - tried to go full screen and it says its been turned off - tried to click on it - it wont work i clicked on widescreen which doesnt have any affect - reloaded again and its portrait mode and full screen disabled.

I can still play the game, played 30 minutes trial but disappointed in developers i would enjoy it more if it was right across my screen..still thinking whether or not to buy..

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 5:06:52 PM PST

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 16, 11 7:06 AM
I have to say that David(husband) was right. The demo was pure hades to try and play, freezing, having a hard time clicking on things. Sounds would get stuck and sound like a stuck record. Well......I thought about David saying perhaps it is just the demo that is behaving like this since so many other people are having no problems at all. So I bought the game. And....it played fine. I am thunder struck about this because I was having all the problems others had but when the full version installed for some reason it is playing just fine. Perhaps a little sticky/slow sometimes at certain places but that is all. No sticking music, no freezing...I am just stunned. And so, I am enjoying this game so much! Truly the best game I have bought and played in a very long time!!!

Deb

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Aug 16, 11 3:29 PM
Is this really a CE? No Extras, no SG... really?

I cannot believe that things have gotten so bad for BigFish, that they will try to sell us yet another game that clearly has many problems...I just don't know what to say anymore.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 16, 11 3:40 PM
Yes there is a SG, I have been using it a couple times during the game. I haven't reached the end of the game yet but surely there is bonus play, I'm pretty sure I saw a bonus chapter.

Deb

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Aug 16, 11 3:50 PM
The demo that I downloaded did not have an SG or extra play or anything that could identify it as a CE!
And I am pretty sure the ordinary edition is not out yet.

Edited on 08/16/2011 at 3:51:59 PM PST

Go to: