bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 20, 11 2:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to come by and offer some help for the issues I'm seeing in this thread. If you are seeing a display issue, whether it be white boxes or unreadable text, please take a look at the following help article to see if these steps will help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you seeing an Access Violation error message, please take a look at this help article for troubleshooting tips:

Access Violation

If the Trial Version of the game is showing up as expired before you've had a chance to play it, please exit out of the Game Manager and pull it back up to see if it helps.

Still need assistance with the game? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can best help you with this game. If you could include which steps you've already taken and a Dr. Felix report, that would be extremely helpful as well. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ezzie1971 on Aug 20, 11 3:10 PM
Trying to do the bonus chapter and "hint" has stopped giving hints. I have also collected all 3 parts of the puzzle in the floor of the greenhouse, but my inventory isn't showing it, it is only registering that I put 2 of them into the puzzle and they are all gone from where they were located. You can't skip the puzzle without adding all 3 pieces (not that i'm planning on skipping it) and you can't start the bonus chapter over without replaying the whole game. Any ideas?

[Post New]by shellseeker on Aug 20, 11 6:30 PM
a very strange thing has happened. I played the sample game , and all went well.then i bought the game and am liking it very much, but the little work bench in the cellar of the lighthouse does not have a list to search from. it's just blank !! i need this because i get tongs.

FARRALOU
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FARRALOU on Aug 20, 11 9:04 PM
started to purchase the game and decided to play demo first. what is going on-I beta tested this game and it was full screen-now the release game is not in full screen! very upset, I am sick of games that don't auto full screen. I spent too much money on the largest monitor $$ can buy to play a game that only fills 2/3rds of it!!

[Post New]by saund477 on Aug 20, 11 11:28 PM
Awww great....One more technical issue that I can't fix by un-installing/re-installing. I didn't see my issue listed, so a new one to add to the list, I guess.

I'm in the basement, I entered the locked door behind/next to the boiler. But it is pitch dark except for 2 spots that look like burning torches that are just about ready to go out. Can't even see what is burning! I looked in my inventory to see if I had a light source, but the only thing there is a hammer. It is in the second box. When I roll over the first box the word wrench comes up. So I must also have a wrench, but I just can't see it to use it! This is just weird. I don't want to have to start over under a different name, and who knows if it will it happen again at this point in the new game I start?? And I was so enjoying playing the game...

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Aug 21, 11 6:30 AM
pixiecat2007 wrote:Download was really fast, but when i activated the game to play the writing on the game all scrambled up so couldnt read anything. Has any one else had this problem. I bought the first game had no problems at all with it. Shame would like to have bought this game. But no buy this time.

I'm having the same problem. Can't read a thing! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

IBGLENDA
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by IBGLENDA on Aug 21, 11 7:42 AM
Downloaded and played the demo with no problem, then purchased the full version and when it starts to download I get a "error code 5" does anyone know what this means??Don't see that error on the help list.Help please !!!!! Was really enjoying this game.
Thanks
Jennifer

NYDanielle
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by NYDanielle on Aug 21, 11 1:26 PM
I just finished the demo, and purchased the full version a few minutes ago. When I try to play, I get an 'access violation' error, and it shuts down!!! Rebooted, uninstalled, and tried again...same error. Help!

baboula1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by baboula1 on Aug 22, 11 7:41 AM
nobody else seems to be having this problem but I have installed and uninstalled 3 times and the screen goes black when I enter the lighthouse. Except for the directional arrows, nothing can be seen

hsays
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hsays on Aug 22, 11 8:57 PM
I'm having the problem of trying to play after I downloaded the game. At first it told me 809, so I deleted and then downloaded the game again. Still didn't work. So then I upgraded my DirectX thinking maybe I had a version that was lower than 9. Did that, still doesn't work. Tried shutting down/starting up twice.

I've come to the conclusion like one of you on here earlier posted, that it is the new version of the game manager. I have played games of the same variety before, and have never had this problem happen to me before. The trial played fine, until I bought it and then installed it. Damn it.

[Post New]by wastedspace on Aug 23, 11 12:09 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

I wanted to come by and offer some help for the issues I'm seeing in this thread. If you are seeing a display issue, whether it be white boxes or unreadable text, please take a look at the following help article to see if these steps will help:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

For those of you seeing an Access Violation error message, please take a look at this help article for troubleshooting tips:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation</a>

If the Trial Version of the game is showing up as expired before you've had a chance to play it, please exit out of the Game Manager and pull it back up to see if it helps.

Still need assistance with the game? Please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link) so that our reps can best help you with this game. If you could include which steps you've already taken and a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a>, that would be extremely helpful as well. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Updating drivers is not the problem with the lighthouse being black. I played this demo on Alawar last night and it worked fine. Today I downloaded it from BF, everything else plays fine until I cross the gap by the tree house. Nothing but black and the cursors flashing. I believe it's a BF problem.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Aug 23, 11 9:08 PM
In the lighthouse basement. Played tool table **** once referred back later. No items listed to find but sparkles everywhere and hint button hitting here. UGh.... I'm stopped.

hsays
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by hsays on Aug 24, 11 6:53 AM
hsays wrote: I've come to the conclusion like one of you on here earlier posted, that it is the new version of the game manager.

I thought it was the game manager, but now I don't think so. Why does my computer not like this game? Arg!

But I will say that the live tech support people are nice. I just hope they can help with the problem.

jenni40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jenni40 on Aug 26, 11 2:41 PM
shellseeker wrote:a very strange thing has happened. I played the sample game , and all went well.then i bought the game and am liking it very much, but the little work bench in the cellar of the lighthouse does not have a list to search from. it's just blank !! i need this because i get tongs.

ditto - exactly the same problem - have uninstalled and reinstalled game - same thing

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 27, 11 4:27 PM
jenni40 wrote:
shellseeker wrote:a very strange thing has happened. I played the sample game , and all went well.then i bought the game and am liking it very much, but the little work bench in the cellar of the lighthouse does not have a list to search from. it's just blank !! i need this because i get tongs.

ditto - exactly the same problem - have uninstalled and reinstalled game - same thing

I'm having the same problem go to work bench with sparkles and hint tell me to go there and get a list with nothing in it, when I click on hint the mirror breaks but I see nothing and it is immediately available again....I don't think I can't progress from here. I don't think I need tongs? but I haven't checked the SG so maybe....

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Aug 29, 11 2:24 PM
Well, another interesting game I can't play. It won't even let me sign in before "self-destructing." What IS it with the games here lately? You either can't sign on as a player or you can't get past the game scene intro before the game quits working. ::shakes head::

Edited on 08/29/2011 at 2:25:43 PM PST

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Sep 2, 11 7:09 AM
I am playing the demo without problems until I get to the cabinet in the cabin (with skeleton). I can click on the squares, but it won't let me drag them to the bottom spot where they go.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 2, 11 3:40 PM
They won't move at all? You need to slide them around to clear the way for the ones you need, you can't pick one up and just move it to the bottom...

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Sep 2, 11 5:19 PM
I'm stuck with trying to get the buttons to stay down on the patio thing in the lighthouse. They go down and pop up again.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 2, 11 9:58 PM
Then you're probably not clicking on them in the right order. Double-check the code on the writing table.

Go to: