Re:Post any Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by labellemoi on Aug 23, 11 11:45 AM
No, this didnt help my issue. Still opens in a upper left quarter of the screen. I am set on a default of 1600X 900.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 23, 11 2:48 PM
Here's me playing the demo: Hmm, this might be fun ... pick up matches, CRASH, restart computer, is that a nail? ... CRASH, restart computer, use clippers, CRASH, restart computer. Exit fully, check for upgrades, dl upgrades to graphics card, install. Restart computer, restart game, click on random object ... CRASH, restart computer.

I can play every other of the many, many games I've downloaded, so I'm pretty sure that its not my computer, especially since I ran the dxdial and updated the video card.

I only need one punch to fill out my BF game card, so I was looking forward to getting a new game, but not this one.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 23, 11 3:28 PM
Hi labellemoi and lionscat,

If the suggestions in our Help pages didn't resolve the issues that you're experiencing, please contact our Tech Support team, and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

You can contact them 24/7 by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some related help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat from your My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 23, 11 5:18 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi labellemoi and lionscat,

If the suggestions in our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Help pages</a> didn't resolve the issues that you're experiencing, please contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team, and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

You can contact them 24/7 by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some related help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_game_club.php">My Game Club</a> page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

I have written to tech support as well as had them on chat. No suggestions have worked as far as my problem is concerned. That being the lack of full screen being opened to play the game. The game opens in a small window with only the upper left corner of the full screen showing. The full screen icon is greyed out and adjusting the screen resolution doesn't help. The game looks like it's running in full screen mode but doesn't display in full screen. I have ATI graphics and have been instructed by tech support how to make some configuration settings to make the game come to full screen. That, as well, didn't work.
I would really love to play this game. Does anyone have any further ideas to help me (and others) with this problem?

Thanks.
Linda.

[Post New]by spar84 on Aug 23, 11 5:55 PM
Has anyone resolved the issue of the game only opening in windowed mode instead of full screen? In the options menu the "full screen" is checked but when the game is opened the full screen button at the top right of the screen is not functional. I'm afraid to try to download another game until this issue is resolved. My eyes are not good enough to play in windowed mode.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 23, 11 6:49 PM
see my post in EURIKA. I solved it for me. Hope it works for you.

Linda

[Post New]by 22gran on Aug 25, 11 4:26 AM
I have just returned to Spirit Soup clicked play and it said game corrupted returning you to beginning of game. Looked at Astroslugs and all levels
lost there as well, dread to look at all my other games on this pc. What is happening?
Whoops, sorry Astroslugs has not lost levels. But Spirit Soup definitely had I now have to play the whole game again, its so annoying I was near the end.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 8:08:35 AM PST

[Post New]by darbo88 on Aug 30, 11 3:26 PM
not sure if i'm posting this in the right thread, but i looked through the subforum for this game and didn't see any discussion of my issue.

i played the demo through and had just finished the candle puzzle when my hour was up - purchased the game, downloaded the additional files, and went back to resume where i'd left off.

i've got a closeup of the candle puzzle screen, and i'm trying to back out, but it keeps telling me "i need to put back the magilight wand first." i don't have the wand in my inventory, nor is it in the little tray at the bottom of the box where i got it in the first place.

i suppose i triggered a weird bug by having the game quit just in that exact spot? anybody know if there is anything i can do, or do i have to start over again? (i really don't want to have to do that candle puzzle again.)

thanks for any help.

[Post New]by Evesparadox on Aug 30, 11 6:50 PM
crazy8club wrote:Spoiler

I did okay, but when I got to the monk and started the puzzle box. it opened and then froze. quit game and then restarted same thing. un-installed and re-installed,
now game runs slow.got zap down the game manager. Need walkthrough before purchase of this game.

Spoiler
Still does it even after purchase. i had to start all over again because tossed cup whild still in cell.

Yep same here except that the game shut down saying my trial was over even though I had only played for about 20 mins. Not feeling good about buying the full version, so I do not think I will...

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Aug 30, 11 8:59 PM
I am having problems that others have told you about. The strange thing is...when I first played the game it was fine. No problems at all. I logged out and tried to play it the following day and could not. The picture was in the left side of the screen and it had a large black border on the right which blacked out about one fourth to one third of the picture. I did not have enough of the picture to evern log in to the game etc.
This is now the third game that is doing this. I have purchased over 150 games and have 3 credits at this time but I sure don't want to spend any more money on these kinds of games. I have had problems with both the regular games and the collector editions. To add to my frustration, I am 74 yrs old and don't understand the workings of these things and do not understand when I report these problems. I used to get an answer from a person who emailed me but no more and I cannot understand the things you say to do. Please consider goiing back to the old method game mngr.

Deahna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Deahna on Sep 2, 11 10:43 AM
After reading the reviews that state that this a real p&c adventure I downloaded the game to trial it. Right after installing it told me that the trial has timed out. I never even started and I most certainly didn't download it before.

[Post New]by bj7655 on Sep 4, 11 5:31 AM
I am having problems with the upper speech bubbles. Fine to start with, then when I went to the docks to get the sea kraken amulet, the upper speech bar has stopped working. I have muddled my way through it to get the amulet, taken it back to grandmother and now i have some dead seeds and have'nt a clue what to do with them as I dont know what grandmother has been saying. Anybody else with the same problem?

[Post New]by bj7655 on Sep 4, 11 6:47 AM
turned game off and retried. everything ok now. speech bubbles working.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

MAJOR BUG -- game becomes unplayable if played in wrong order.

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 2, 11 3:48 PM
I posted this in its own thread, and in the walkthrough, and contacted CS, but it should be here too.

I have never seen an adventure game (and I have played a TON of them) let you make a flaw in playing sequence so that the game will be unwinnable.

I spent SIX HOURS of my precious game time (seriously -- I am extremely ill and don't have long to live -- not looking for pity, this is just how it is) playing through every step and ever puzzle on my own, and finally right at the end I was stuck and consulted the walkthough only to see the warning I would have had to have heeded at the beginning. Now I cannot see the final cutscene without playing over from the beginning which I will definitely NOT do.

This is a completely unforgivable programming bug. It may be something that very few people run into, but if not caught in time, it is six hours wasted. There are no words for how furious I am.

I wrote to CS and while I do expect a refund I am much more concerned that others are warned about this piece of garbage being a potential waste of time.

Shame, shame on this developer.

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Oct 13, 11 3:09 AM
Don't get anything but a black screen when trying to open the game. Was playing successfully, closed it for the night and when I tried to open up again the next day - black screen. No error, no game - zilch. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled it - still zilch. Have had nothing but trouble with my games since the new GM was introduced. Fed up
I was enjoying the game until this happened and now am somewhat peeved to have wasted my money. Any ideas?

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 28, 11 11:05 AM
Not sure if this a tech issue, but I cannot get the cupboard to open , used the screwdriver and then the dagger but the dagger does nothing !!!
I am playing the demo and am running out of time thought this would be a great game ( Different) but I am stuck.. how do I open this cupboard ???
help

Go to: