Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sonya Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 21, 11 1:36 PM
Fun, adventuresome... All around great game!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 21, 11 1:49 PM
Hey fishies,

While not directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to remind everyone that this thread is meant to be for reviews of this game only.

If you have any questions related to gameplay, please feel free to start a new thread in the Sonya Collector's Edition Forum by clicking on the 'Create New Discussion' button.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 21, 11 1:49 PM
Just finished demo. Grapics were ok but nice and sharp. I usually do not like frags but this one isnt as bad as most, pieces larger than most frags in past.

SG available in game but does not keep your place... that is a big NO NO for me.

I like to enjoy and look around scenes but the subtitles are to fast, gives me a choice of reading or look at graphics...duhh would like both. This game would be great if it had voice overs.

I am desperate for a new game, will have to think about this game. It feels like a regualar version and not a CE.

Happy game day to all fishies

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Aug 21, 11 1:50 PM
CasualGran wrote:The graphics are clear. Yes. And IMO that's all the positive there is in this non-double-price-worthy H0 game.
The sort of Dream Chronicle style irritates me, as does the music.
The puzzles are too familiar and much too easy.
There are sparkles and you can't choose to play without them.
The H0 scenes are junkpiles to visit more than once, and only to find typical HOG stuff like horseshoes, gloves and tweezers. Too boring for words.
The story is stupid. Here we have some kind of fairy-looking family (yuk) and suddenly one of the two daughters is shot or kidnapped or whatever and you fly to the rescue, happily dashing to and fro on twinkle-plinkle-tweettweet sounds.
Oh great, there's a SG, but who needs it? You can do this game in your sleep.
It's tedious. Don't think I'll even buy the SE.
CasualGran

YIKES! ...Some pent-up frustration poured out while playing this game...eh?
Have a on me.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 21, 11 2:20 PM
CasualGran wrote:The graphics are clear. Yes. And IMO that's all the positive there is in this non-double-price-worthy H0 game.
The sort of Dream Chronicle style irritates me, as does the music.
The puzzles are too familiar and much too easy.
There are sparkles and you can't choose to play without them.
The H0 scenes are junkpiles to visit more than once, and only to find typical HOG stuff like horseshoes, gloves and tweezers. Too boring for words.
The story is stupid. Here we have some kind of fairy-looking family (yuk) and suddenly one of the two daughters is shot or kidnapped or whatever and you fly to the rescue, happily dashing to and fro on twinkle-plinkle-tweettweet sounds.

Oh great, there's a SG, but who needs it? You can do this game in your sleep.

It's tedious. Don't think I'll even buy the SE.

CasualGran

You took the words right out of my mouth. I should start doing reviews after I get some sleep and NOT at 2:30am in the morning when Im half dead. Happy Gaming

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on Aug 21, 11 2:37 PM
I played the free trial, and liked it well enough to cough up the cash for the CE. Playing along, enjoying myself, got to the 'castle', and there was an arrow that moved the screen to the left, giving me what looks like a split screen. (It's the scene where there are skates hanging from a rafter). Now I can't move back over to the left, and I think I've got some things that I need to do there. HELP! Am I going to have to uninstall/reinstall, THIS LATE IN THE GAME???? I've had no glitches up to this point, but now am completely frustrated...

***Update - I uninstalled/reinstalled, and the game still starts up (with the split screen) right where I left off! Ugh - I guess it's off to tech-ville.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 3:24:04 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Aug 21, 11 2:57 PM
Wow! Back from vacation (holiday for all you Europeans) and look at all the great games that came out in the last two weeks! Never going to be able to play them all. Another CE and boy, there have been alot of them since I was gone! This one looks great. I played for about 30 minutes and will purchase it. Did not like the Twisted Lands, as I really don't like asylum puzzles. To me, on the same vein as FACES. Grade: A+

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Aug 21, 11 3:52 PM
vadasgirl5 wrote:
equusjoy wrote:
Re eviews for Sonya Collector's Edition
by gpherder on August 21, 2:10 AM
So far, seems to be quite a fun game. I do wish they'd spell-check their hidden object scenes a bit better though.

Wine is not vine.

Oh, I so agree with this. All devs should have spell check and correct names for items. Something that bugs me is calling a snaffle bit handcuffs, etc. A bit can have one straight side, handcuffs don't. Just a pet peeve.

Joy

Handcuffs are fine with me.... I have never heard the term snaffle bit... I would be lost... more than usual..

Agreed. I thought snaffle was iced tea.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 21, 11 5:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm too lazy to read through all the reviews, but I absolutely LOVED this game and it reminded me very much of Dream Chronicles with the graphics. The music is very lovely and the graphics are awesome.

Linda.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Aug 21, 11 8:20 PM
Not worth the CE price. This game is pretty, but really quite easy and kinda boring. Maybe I'll get the SE. It didn't really grab me, so we'll see how I feel when it comes out later as SE.

[Post New]by beachcomber65 on Aug 21, 11 8:54 PM
I do like a mixture of H0 and Frogs but the H0 scenes were way too easy and repetitive. Sorry to say but I found the trial boring.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 9:01:52 PM PST

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Aug 21, 11 9:16 PM
Beautiful grafics and not dark and dreary for a change. We are all so different in our likes and dislikes. I will most likely wait till it comes in SE as I did not like the SG at all. I really don't think I would need it anyway.

Give it a try before deciding.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 21, 11 11:03 PM
I will be buying the SE of this game because there's plenty to like. As an H0 player I've wandered through a LOT of ostentatiously decorated homes but this is one of the few that I might use as inspiration (when I win the lottery ) It's bit like Dream Chronicles but less fantasy. All art in this game is terrific, they've managed to create a unique look that doesn't feel like the same-old washed out blue/green. Loved it.

I also liked the mini-games. The are based on familiar elements but a lot of work went into making most of them fresh and there were quite a few of them. Add that to a screen I want to look at and it should be an amusing SE

Why not a CE? the H0's aren't paced very well. H0 scene to get a key which opens an H0 scene that gives you the item you need to open a FROG, with nothing in between. It was unrelenting junk pile. The art is good enough to make H0's fresh but 3 in 5 minutes gets a bit dull. Add some super-simple inventory puzzles and there's nothing to make me want this game now.

And then there's the story. I spent half the demo time stuck in the gaudy house saving my sister. Yawn. Get to her and of course, she still needs saving from...what exactly? The cut-scene wasn't very clear and then I'm in the woods. The story isn't grabbing me.

But in a lot of ways, it's me not the game. Until H0's stumble on the next big new thing, I don't think I'll be buying a lot of CE's. After so many, it's easy to guess what to do next. There's no challenge.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 11:04:37 PM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 22, 11 1:55 AM
I also thought this is one of the best games I have played. The graphics were absolutely stunning especially the art gallery, and the story line was excellent. I did't want it to end.

I managed to do all the mini games, just right for me and think I will play it again and try not to use hints in the HOG.

Thank you Big Fish.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 22, 11 2:27 AM
CasualGran wrote:The graphics are clear. Yes. And IMO that's all the positive there is in this non-double-price-worthy H0 game...The puzzles are too familiar and much too easy. There are sparkles and you can't choose to play without them.
The H0 scenes are junkpiles to visit more than once, and only to find typical HOG stuff like horseshoes, gloves and tweezers. Too boring for words. Oh great, there's a SG, but who needs it? You can do this game in your sleep.
It's tedious.
CasualGran {clipped for brevity}

Thank you CasualGran! After all the hype on this game, I snuck in here to peek to see if there was anyone besides me who thinks this game is a complete snooze fest and here you are. Smooches for once again letting me know that I am not alone!! I would like to add, to the Devs: When we see a gear cursor, we investigate, this does not mean we want help with the area in the form of dialog boxes and we definitely are not looking to be lead by the hand on what to do in these areas. We do NOT want the unsolicited help. We would much rather figure this out for ourselves... Please!!

ETA: I see someone estimating 4-5 hours to play this game. Oh, the horror. That would normally make me happy.

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 2:33:32 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 22, 11 4:10 AM
Beautiful to look at, but I agree - found the whole thing very tedious. Won't be buying at all.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 22, 11 4:39 AM
So - sparkles, and no option to turn them off?

Sorry, no buy - not even a trial - for me.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 22, 11 6:23 AM
I liked this game a lot. The storyline was innovative enough not to be boring. The graphics were well-developed and nice. The puzzles were just right for level of challenge. The Strategy Guide worked well (though it would have been nicer if it had stayed on the last page accessed rather than requiring me to page through from the beginning each time).

The **** scenes were decent, not too dark or difficult to find the objects. And the objects weren't just some dissheveled mess to see how many weird, crazy items could be shoved into one space. The items made sense to the game (thank you so much game creators).

Overall, it made for a very pleasant game experience.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 22, 11 7:23 AM
This is a good game, but I don`t like this game enough for paying the double price. I will wait for the release of the standard version this time

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 22, 11 9:34 AM
i too found this game tedious, maybe as a dd, certainly not otherwise

Go to: