divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

Re:walkthrough in progress -please contribute if you can!

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 2, 11 3:05 PM
nwl43 wrote:

HEADS UP! THOSE WHO DID NOT HEED GRANDMA'S ADVICE TO TAKE CARE OF THE TEMPLE FIRST HAVE RUN INTO PROBLEMS.



Warning -- this is a rant, but at the game, certainly not at you helpful fishies. Thank goodness this thread is here so I know what went wrong. It's just crazy that the info wouldn't be in a place I'd see until after I made the fatal flaw!

I have never played an adventure game that would let me forget a spoken tip, wander around, and do something out of order that would make it so I couldn't finish the game. I have some very serious health problems and can't believe that a silly game would get me so incredibly furious in the scheme of things -- but perhaps it is precisely so. I play a game for distraction and stress relief. I play adventure/puzzle games only, and I play them all the way through, and only consult the walkthrough when I get stuck. I can't believe I played six hours over several days having no idea that I would have no way to finish the game and see the cutscene and have the satisfaction of "winning" until I got to the very end and looked here and saw the fatal flaw I walked into early on.

Overall a good game but there is no way I will play it all over again just to finish, now that I completed almost everything else! The characters were annoying enough (Grandma is cold and ungrateful, Hassim is a horrible stereotype) but now that I feel tricked I just wanna break something! Totally outrageous and unforgivable on the part of the developer.

I wrote to CS. I may be one of the few who fell into this trap but I really think the game needs to be made so it can't happen, just like any decent adventure game.




 
candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by candycreme on Oct 19, 11 9:45 PM
Wow ,what a fantastic job ! Thanks sooo much to nwl43 and gingergal ,this was one of the most frustating games I've ever played ,so much so that I couldn't finish it I got as far as finding the skulls part ,i was going to delete the last puzzle but it was taking so long I just deleted it couldn't take anymore ,I hope they don't make another one like this .....so to you guys ....Thanks again!

 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by chandari_310 on Nov 27, 11 8:36 PM
The WT has been great when I have really gotten stuck on something. HOWEVER, I am stuck on the town hall coffin puzzle. I can't find a 'skull' piece for the coffin, but I put everything else in the right place and nothing happens. I can't skip the puzzle either. So I suppose I am stuck.

 
kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 28, 11 12:13 AM
Playing demo and I am wasting all my time trying to get the cupboard door open , I have used the screwdriver and now am attempting to use the dagger to get to the gear .. HELP nothing is happening what am I doing wrong ? I think I would like to buy this game but I am stuck so early into it !!!!!!

 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by mar412 on Nov 28, 11 11:06 PM
It took me forever to realize you simply had to pull on the various pieces of rope in the soup pantry to free the key.

 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by debwilson on Dec 2, 11 6:53 PM
chandari_310 wrote:The WT has been great when I have really gotten stuck on something. HOWEVER, I am stuck on the town hall coffin puzzle. I can't find a 'skull' piece for the coffin, but I put everything else in the right place and nothing happens. I can't skip the puzzle either. So I suppose I am stuck.


Okay, so I caught Grandma's advice to go to the temple first to use the potion on the curse stone, which I did. The skull I smashed with the hammer got me two discs, which I played at the temple puzzle. When completed, I used the potion to come back to "current" time, and the priest said thank you, etc. I'm left with the saw and nothing else. I went to the second curse stone location (near Town Hall), used the potion and found the stone coffin. With just a saw and the potion, I can't figure out how to get the coffin open. What do I use? Is the saw supposed to cut something that provides me with a way to open the coffin? I'm stuck.

 
MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 5, 11 7:21 AM


No offense to gingergal and nwl43, but I did find another walk through WITH SCREENSHOTS on some of the areas on another game site. For ME, I needed to look at the provided screenshots to better understand the written instruction.

PM, if you're interested in knowing the name of the other game site.

MEnr56

 
MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 5, 11 7:24 AM
debwilson wrote:
chandari_310 wrote:The WT has been great when I have really gotten stuck on something. HOWEVER, I am stuck on the town hall coffin puzzle. I can't find a 'skull' piece for the coffin, but I put everything else in the right place and nothing happens. I can't skip the puzzle either. So I suppose I am stuck.


Okay, so I caught Grandma's advice to go to the temple first to use the potion on the curse stone, which I did. The skull I smashed with the hammer got me two discs, which I played at the temple puzzle. When completed, I used the potion to come back to "current" time, and the priest said thank you, etc. I'm left with the saw and nothing else. I went to the second curse stone location (near Town Hall), used the potion and found the stone coffin. With just a saw and the potion, I can't figure out how to get the coffin open. What do I use? Is the saw supposed to cut something that provides me with a way to open the coffin? I'm stuck.




YES, the saw is used to cut the area that talks about a post area that a sign could go on; saw off the post and use it as lever. BTW, the post is somewhat tricky in placing on the coffin; just keep trying on certain spots

MEnr56

 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by Zelda66 on Jan 2, 12 3:36 PM
I was doing great till I got to the bone puzzle. I thought I had all the pieces but when I tried the puzzle it wouldn't let me start it. It said I didn't have all the pieces so I shut it down, came here to read and went back to see what I might have done wrong but when I clicked on play it told me my profile was corrupted and I'd have to start all over again. I'm giving up. I've never had that happen with a game and I really didn't think this one was worth a do-over. Thank you for a very helpful walk through.

 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Apr 7, 13 10:00 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:SHORTEST most STUPID game ever! I wish I hadn't bought it!


I would hardly call it stupid, Kathy, and it wasn't all that short, either. I actually bought it some time ago, after having fun with the Demo version. I then forgot all about it, until just yesterday, when, as I was going through my purchase history, I discovered it, along with a number of other titles that I didn't remember buying, LOL. I do that a lot. I'll play a demo, and really like it, so when my hour is up, I buy it because I want to finish it. But, while the game is downloading and installing, I get bored waiting, so I'll try another Demo . Which I also end up liking, and buying. I'm disabled, you see, and there isn't much that I can do around the house. Nor, can I go out by myself. I have a tendency to fall. So, when I get a few extra dollars, I buy myself some game credits.

Anyway, that's how I ended up with Spirit Soup. The title intrigued me, when I found is a kind of cute and comical sort of tale. I like the idea of the witchy community, the strange curse, and having to prepare the strange recipe to get rid of it . However, I also am finding it extremely frustrating I keep running into this putz with his horse and cart, who is always broken down in the middle of the road ! . So, once again I'm off to find some stuff to fix the stupid cart And, and I, for some reason, had an awful time locating all of the items on Grandma's List. Something I had no trouble with, when I was doing the Demo. I'm running back and forth all over town, back to the house, then to the monastery, and to town again, and I stilldon't know where to search next . That's why I'm here, looking for a walkthrough.

So, I can't agree with you, Kathy. It isn't a stupid game, and it isn't too short. But, it is quite frustrating, because I can't seem to get my head around it. Still, I'm sure, with the help of the walkthrough, the game will perk up. I do thank the use who took the time to write out this walkthrough for us. I know I'd be forever, lost, and wandering from one part of town to the other, back and forth...back and forth .


 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Apr 7, 13 10:03 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

No offense to gingergal and nwl43, but I did find another walk through WITH SCREENSHOTS on some of the areas on another game site. For ME, I needed to look at the provided screenshots to better understand the written instruction.

PM, if you're interested in knowing the name of the other game site.

MEnr56


Hi, MEnr56,
Can I ask you for the bame of the other site? Was it ****, or JayIsGames?



 

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by cynger52 on May 2, 14 1:41 AM
I have had this game for 3 years and never could get through it! Now I'm going to give it another go because of you. Thank You so much!!!!!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: