Vera0205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Vera0205 on Aug 25, 11 1:38 PM
Same here ... First time I've had this problem with a BFG game. The game seems to download fine, but when it launches only the left 2/3 of the screen is displayed. I tried to uncheck 'full screen' at the sign-in page, but I get a message that says my display is too small for fullscreen. Strange! Anyway, can't even see the Play button. Does the game pull usernames from other Awakenings games? Maybe that's part of the problem. Looks like a fun game; wish we could play it.

Pathmtl wrote:I'm just frustrated, screen off centre, cannot adjust, therefore cannot find play etc have to guess at where the play button etc are...I've had to force quit, which I'm not a fan of to get out of came. When I go back to game manager it keeps trying to download again!!!

I consider myself a collector edition fan BUT been disappointed lately & really love the Awakening series....

Just don't know what to do, not a fan of PC therefore do not want to download on other computer, so I guess I will remain frustrated as I do not see how I will be able to play this game...

Just venting...

Path

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by melonrind on Aug 25, 11 1:52 PM
Has anybody with a Mac been able to play the trial? I've tried everything on the Mac troubleshooting page, I've updated Stuffit Expander, I've made sure everything that should be updated on my Mac has been updated, and still the game won't open. At this point, I'm pretty confident that the problem is with the game, not with my computer. I'm not sure whether to even bother contacting Support about this; after the unfixed problems with the last CE I bought (Grim Tales: The Bride) I doubt I'll be throwing $13.99 at this one, anyway. It's too bad, though, because I do like the other Awakening games.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 25, 11 1:57 PM
Menesa wrote: BFG MODERATOR ...may I ask you to pass on this request (as its getting tedious)...please test the games on ALL formats before releasing them to for sale.

Hi Menesa,

I really am sorry for your troubles and completely understand your concern, however I want to assure you that each and every game that can be found on our site is tested quite rigorously on many formats prior to being released.

Having said that, our testing process is a bit different than testing a game for say, an Xbox or Wii, in that rather than only a handful of different configurations, there are virtually an infinite number of ways that one's computer may be configured and setup.

Unfortunately this means that we will not be able to test each game on every possible system, and that there may be instances in which a game will not run properly on your system. We apologize for that, but have multiple resources available to you should this ever occur, whether that be our Help pages or the various ways that you can contact our Technical Support team.

We really want you to be able to play your games, so please do take advantage of these resources.

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by pegglegg on Aug 25, 11 2:19 PM
Download the trial version and before I ever got to play its said trial expired...whats up with that!

Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Solice on Aug 25, 11 2:23 PM
pegglegg wrote:Download the trial version and before I ever got to play its said trial expired...whats up with that!

Can you check to see if you are running the latest version of the Game Manager? You can do so by clicking on "Options" on the right hand side of the manager, then "About"

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 25, 11 3:01 PM
melonrind wrote:Has anybody with a Mac been able to play the trial? I've tried everything on the Mac troubleshooting page, I've updated Stuffit Expander, I've made sure everything that should be updated on my Mac has been updated, and still the game won't open. At this point, I'm pretty confident that the problem is with the game, not with my computer. I'm not sure whether to even bother contacting Support about this; after the unfixed problems with the last CE I bought (Grim Tales: The Bride) I doubt I'll be throwing $13.99 at this one, anyway. It's too bad, though, because I do like the other Awakening games.

I still cannot get it to work. In my house we have a mac desktop and then a mac laptop both new within the last 2 years and then I have a PC as well. I cant get the game to play on either of the macs but was able to get it to play on the PC so its a problem with the mac game and it being able to open. It just unexpectedly quits. So I played on the PC but I don't want to buy this game on the PC as I only really buy ERS games with the PC since they work better OR older games that have no mac version like Large Files and I have everything updated on both platforms and YES I did download pressing the mac button to whoever said that...duh lol

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 25, 11 3:02 PM
Solice wrote:
pegglegg wrote:Download the trial version and before I ever got to play its said trial expired...whats up with that!

Can you check to see if you are running the latest version of the Game Manager? You can do so by clicking on "Options" on the right hand side of the manager, then "About"

What other version would Pegglegg be running if she just downloaded this new CE?'
Do we have a choice now?

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Aug 25, 11 3:48 PM
Having the same issue as others with the fullscreen setting; every time I try to set it to fullscreen, it bumps me out of the game. I really prefer playing fullscreen on these kinds of games; I'm fairly nearsighted and wear glasses, and having them fullscreen really helps me pick out the little details. Please get this problem fixed!

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Aug 25, 11 4:35 PM
dcairns , Yes I am having the same issue, I was able to get 2 of the 3, needed{to feed the pocket dragon} and it is taking for-ever to pick -up the 3rd, Like the game and the "Graphics" are gr8 , but this is the 4th-5th game, I've had this same problem ...Sad Fishie

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 4:36:39 PM PST

[Post New]by AnilemLee on Aug 25, 11 6:18 PM
So, seriously, is anything going to be done about these technical problems? Has anyone contacted BoomZap entertainment regarding these issues?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 25, 11 6:26 PM
Playing on a Mac, 10.6.8

The game opened, but the right half of the screen was blacked out. I could hear the cursor clicking over the buttons on the screen, so had to keep clicking until I found the one that would let me exit. I just updated Flash and Shockwave yesterday for another game I'm having issues with, so I know that isn't the issue with this game now. Changing resolutions did not help.

Edit: Finally found a resolution that works for me: 1280x800 displays the whole game screen perfectly. I don't like changing my resolutions for games though, so hope this still gets fixed.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 6:51:06 PM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Aug 25, 11 6:35 PM
Euskalduna wrote:This game just came out and already a lot of technical issues. And a CE! Why the hurry to put out such sloppy games?

.....and so say many of us ...
ve really just about had enough of the lack of quality control at BFG ...
WHEN are you guys going to listen to your members?
If not I predict you are going to loose a lot of us....
Bighondo I will say again..... IT is not my pc,my son is a mod builder for Sony and has picked up that you are not testing properly or these probs would not occur anymore?

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 6:40:29 PM PST

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Aug 25, 11 7:38 PM
vingilot wrote:Playing on a Mac, 10.6.8

The game opened, but the right half of the screen was blacked out. I could hear the cursor clicking over the buttons on the screen, so had to keep clicking until I found the one that would let me exit. I just updated Flash and Shockwave yesterday for another game I'm having issues with, so I know that isn't the issue with this game now. Changing resolutions did not help.

Edit: Finally found a resolution that works for me: 1280x800 displays the whole game screen perfectly. I don't like changing my resolutions for games though, so hope this still gets fixed.

I had the same problem. I also tried changing the resolution to 1200x800 & the demo played fine after that with no other problems. I've had a few other games where I had to change the resolution to play. At least now I know to try changing the resolution before contacting Customer Support. Most games automatic change the resolution if needed. I'm also running OSX 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Aug 25, 11 7:49 PM
nebulla_69 wrote:I have Win 7 64 bit. The game opens in windowed mode if I try to select full mode it kicks me out of the game. I have tried 5 times and the same thing happens. Every game it seems like something needs to be fiddled with or change.
Not worth the effort

The same thing happened to me. I didn't try it in windowed mode, because the screen is too small. I also have not had any problems with the new GM, and it's been months since I had a problem playing a new game. I also tried exiting Firefox, as suggested early on in the thread, but that didn't help either. Guess this game won't be a buy for me.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Aug 25, 11 8:32 PM
I'm on an iMac running OS X 10.6.8
I had a whole mess of problems when I first started the game in "trial" mode, the cursor wouldn't work when clicking on a spot unless I moved it around and usually I was able to find a spot that worked. In some cases it wouldn't work at all. Some places the game became sluggish and slow. The screen was also cut off on the bottom.

I usually have my screen resolution set to 1280 x 720 so I tried changing the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 and everything is working perfectly ... the only disadvantage is that the game has a 1" black border all around, but everything works ... mouse pointer is smack on and works all the time. No sluggishness or slow response.

It would be nice to be able to use the whole screen... but at least this does cure all of the problems others have been having.

My condolences to those with laptops that don't have a 1600 x 900 screen resolution available.

Now that I'm able to play the game I've purchased the CE Edition and am enjoying it very much. I don't expect to run into any more problems.

BTW I can't find a Mac Button referred to by dobiemijnboekie in his post on Page 1 August 25 at 1:17 AM.

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Aug 25, 11 8:54 PM
Hi there - I wanted to chime in about the technical issues some of you are having. Obviously, we tested this game as thoroughly as any of our other releases, and only released it when we could not find any more known technical issues. If anyone is having technical issues, you can be sure nobody is more upset about it than us.

The *number one* thing you can do to help is contact the BFG Technical Support team, and give them all the details you can. As the moderator said, with the various configurations of operating system, graphics card, etc. on every different machine, it is simply impossible for us to replicate every possible configuration out there (though we wish we could!).

Additionally, as many of you Mac users know, Lion was only released very recently, and it looks like some of these problems may be related to hardware configurations interacting poorly with some code in our game that worked fine in pre-Lion OS. This is not to say there is anything *wrong* with your computer - but that it creates technical conditions our code has not encountered before. And what we need to solve that is clear information about what is not working, and the systems they are having issues with. And again - the best way to get us that information is to contact the BFG Technical Support group.

We take the technical stability of our projects extremely seriously. The Technical Director was up all night last night with the technical team reading your messages, and trying to figure out the few issues that were reported, and will be working through the weekend to ensure that anything we can fix will be fixed ASAP. The more information you can report to the BFG Technical Support people, the better/faster we can do that.

Also - I should mention that according to the BFG technical support team, we have not received any more bug reports from this release than any of our other Boomzap releases - so for the vast, vast majority of our users, the game runs as well as any of the earlier games in the series. And we're going to do what it takes to make sure for the few of you who are having trouble, we do everything in our ability to fix it.

Again, thank you so much for playing our games, and for supporting independent small developers like us!
_____
Chris Natsuume - Boomzap

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Aug 25, 11 8:54 PM
Gungnir wrote:I've installed the game but when it comes to activation it tells me the trial has expired I must buy it but I haven't played a single minute of the game.

Same here.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Aug 25, 11 8:56 PM
And I have the latest version of the GM.

nawlinslady35
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nawlinslady35 on Aug 25, 11 9:17 PM
Having the same problem as a few others.Everytime I try to put the game in full window,it shuts down.I rarely have problems with BFG games,so hopefully this is just a glitch that can be fixed soon.If I don't put it full mode,I can't see things well because my sight is bad.Thanks Boomzap for dropping in and letting us know you all are working together to get things fixed.I have windows 7 and run firefox but I made sure nothing was running in the background.As soon as they get the game fixed,I will probably buy it.

[Post New]by shylady152 on Aug 25, 11 9:17 PM
The game downloads ok, but when it gets done loading up to play it crashes back to the GM

Go to: