marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Reviews for Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale

[Post New]by marachat on Sep 19, 11 7:13 AM
Here's my opinion:
As many have said here, the puzzles become too easily very repetitive. They could have some scenes as normal H0G's and some of the scenes as FROG's.
I like games with much variation and many options to choose from how to do things. For example, one fishie complained about having girl heroes. Why not give players the option to choose the gender? Same goes for the difficulty level.

The graphics were stunning, though I disliked the blurry animations. And the fact that the character's mouths didn't move in the animations.

The music was good, it was sinister, melancholic and not too repetitive.

Another thing I agree with many about is the story. The big bugging thing was the grandfather/granddaughter-cliché! Ugh! But otherwise it was good. The theater, the characters backgrounds, the drama... All good!

I give this (4) out of 5 stars. A very intriguing and beautiful game that has some minor minuses.

[Post New]by bonsaihawk on Sep 20, 11 9:53 AM
That's where it ended?? Nutter gets off, no-one explains dead body in the front yard, and the journo (who came and went with an ability protagonist couldn't match) simply vanishes.

Hmph. Looked pretty, but made little sense.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Sep 30, 11 3:28 PM
It was a decent game; too formulaic for me. Also, the sparkles irritated me so it won't be a buy. If you are not tired of these types of games that it seems to be a good one.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Oct 28, 11 2:02 AM
Initially I liked this game after playing the demo of the CE, so I purchased it when the SE came out. It was the last punch I needed to fill out my punchcard this month, but now I regret the purchase. I don't generally like FROGs, but I could have overlooked that aspect if the puzzles were more interesting. After a while they just irritated me and I skipped over most of them. I should have waited a day and purchased the Echoes of Time that came out today. But then there's the sale this weekend...decisions, decisions...

tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Oct 30, 11 11:52 AM
Wonderful game! Music, colors, art, morphing objects, storyline.....Blue Tea does it again!

** I can't wait for Dark Parables 3 - Rise of the Snow Queen **

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 12:53:11 PM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 5, 11 11:34 AM
good game
dont really like finding pieces of things instead of H.O. but a mixture would have been good
clear great graphics
good story
no journal so paper leads are always available
map was mediocre
but i still like it

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Nov 8, 11 3:39 AM
I really like this game. I'm going to buy it.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Dec 21, 11 2:54 PM
Fun Factor: 5 stars
Visual/Sound Quality: 5 stars
Level of Challenge: 5 stars
Average Rating: 5 stars

Pros: Highly polish visual. Haunted Melody. Plenty of objects to find.

Cons: None.

(This review is based on the game's demo.)

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 3, 12 2:54 PM
Just finished the game really enjoyed it. I watch for blue tea games, buy when I can>

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 3:20 PM
Beautiful game fantastic graphics, the game story line is interesting, the game play is long for a CE, I enjoyed playing this game.

[Post New]by Dirtfroggy on Jan 17, 12 7:00 AM
Blue Tea GAmes are the best. Just finished the Snow Queen game today and that was fantastic too.
Curse of the Nightingale had a great storyline that grabbed me from the beginning. Love games that transport me to another time and place.
Has fragmented hidden object games (not the old boring run of the mill HOG). There are no objects in the hidden objects scenes that look like they don't belong. Rather dark scenes so sometimes hard to see, but that's okay.. it added to the ambience.
I give this 5 out of 5 stars.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 3, 12 5:56 PM
I like Blue Tea Games, but I'm on the fence about this one. It did have a good storyline but lots of back and forth and I would have liked it better if the HOS scenes were finding things as well as putting things together to make something.
This game I bought because of the Tips in the Forums from all the players.
I'm not totally disappointed but I have many more favorite games than this.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 24, 12 10:30 AM
this is an A++++++ game, a GREAT buy-------doug

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jul 16, 12 2:21 PM
what to say... not bad, but from these macabre mysteries i liked this one the least. it was a modern story with a fairy tale atmosphere and the objects... this combination is not my cup of tea. could not wait to finish it and move to a different game.

from the technical point of view: once the scene has been finished and all items collected (such as the poison from the cabinet of abigail or what was her name), it would be good to stop having this particular place displayed as there was something more to do when i click on it, i.e. the magnifying glass cursor. i found it confusing.

[Post New]by ilikegames on Aug 12, 12 6:29 PM
I just finished the game (it was free!). I really enjoyed the game and once I understood the plot, I rarely had to reference the walkthrough. Like everyone said, the graphics are some of the best.

I am not an expert player but I was excited to actually finish the game on my own. I think I might actually play it again!

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 22, 12 1:03 PM
Pretty good game! Nice graphics and music, some voiceovers (but not overdone), and clear FROG games.

Cool bonus was finding the "macabre items." As you find them, your Hint button replenishes faster.

Hint button was good in the FROG games, but was pretty useless in the actual game itself. You could drag inventory items to the button to find out where to use them, but that was about it. I like a Hint button to send me in a direction when I get stuck.

The mini-games weren't that great. There was one game that showed up quite often that wanted you to line up certain items in rows and columns according to their similarity. Never did figure out and had to use walkthrough on every one of them. Annoying.

Some things were left unanswered. Does anyone know who the body was that was buried outside? How about the journalist - why did she seem to be one step ahead of the grandaughter?

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 7, 13 7:47 PM
Sorry, but I was disappointed in this game. Seemed like the same old thing I have played before. Not crazy about fractured hidden object scenes. They are just too tedious. Anyway, not one of my favorites.

Go to: